Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Mrs. J. Depp

Re: Quiet Places At Disneyland Resort

I always see people taking cat naps in Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln and my favorite place to take a breather is inside the Animation Building in CA. On a quiet day, I just sit down in the main atrium and relax. Granted it isn't exactly quiet in there, but the screens, imagery and music are so wonderful you can't help but be at peace.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

here is one place to take a break that I found one day when the monorail was down, the waiting area of the Tomorrowland station. I had just gotten to the platform and the monorail was being held at the station for an unannounced reason and no known restart time. almost everyone else left but I decided to wait and sat down on the bench.

a nice place to take a break even when they are running. the only interuption is when someone looking more tired than me comes by and I get up to let them sit, but they are generally gone when the next train comes in.

I also got a solo ride in the front of the monorail that day when they restarted since I was about the only one there when they loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    It's not quiet, but one of the places we decompress is the main room of the animation building in DCA. It is especially nice on a hot day to duck in there and sit and watch the big screens covered in wonderful Disney movies.

I would think there might be places on Tom Sawyer Island that are more peaceful than the rest of the park.
    These are my two favorite places to relax a little. Also, if it's a slow day we just go in and out of the Tiki Room for a few shows...

• formerly very helpful

All of my favorites have been mentioned already. I'll just reiterate. I love Hungry Bear, Court of Angels, lobby of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, Big Thunder Ranch. I'll also repeat the idea of the Grand Californian lobby. It's beautiful and relaxing. If you're lucky, you can hear some really nice piano music.

While not a quiet spot, a lower key spot is the piano player by Coke Corner... Also on the list would be the Enchanted Tikki Room.

For DCA, the tables near the WoC box lunch distribution, good view of the lagoon and just people watching.

• Nic

The Golden Horseshoe.

I'm not sure if they close in between shows now, but it's nice to unwind on the top level.
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by Werner View Post
    Great suggestions! That area near the Mark Twain dock sounds nice. Never noticed that before. And wow -- riding in the caboose! How cool is that? Didn't know that could be done.
    Don't try this on a hot summer day, did this last summer and the caboose was scorching and no air flows through it

• Nerd

There is the very quiet, shady and relaxing pic-nic area outside and to the left of the Disneyland Main Entrance. Its very well hidden and surprisingly peaceful.

Name:  8466430301_37684d806b_z.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  140.5 KB
    Last edited by CMHusband; 02-11-2013 at 09:45 PM. Reason: add photo
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    There is the very quiet, shady and relaxing pic-nic area outside and to the left of the Disneyland Main Entrance. Its very well hidden and surprisingly peaceful.

Name:  8466430301_37684d806b_z.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  140.5 KB
    ^ This, totally.

It's about the only place near the parks where you can lay out under the shade without guests or security giving you the stink eye.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Selfie Expert

I have never seen that area!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I have never seen that area!
    That's how secluded it is. Most folks just walk right by it. You enter it on the left side of the picture outside of the security tables. There is only one entrance.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123