Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• DL Vistor Since 1968

Question Quiet Places At Disneyland Resort

As an alternative to going back to the hotel for a rest, I was wondering if any of you know of quiet places in either park to relax for a hour or so. I'm always on the go when I'm in the parks and I'd like to slow things down a bit for my next trip (definitely feeling the ravages of time these days). Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

Re: Quiet Places At Disneyland Resort

The first place that I can thing of is the farthest corner of the balcony at Hungry Bear Restaurant. There's usually not to many people in the far corner and you get a great view of Rivers of America.

Under the silly symphony swings is a nice quiet area to relax and watch the boardwalk area.

• -

There used to be a really great one but it was turned into Middle Earth. I guess now the best would be Hungry Bear.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The doctor is in

I found a great spot in DCA that was practically deserted. I wound up sitting there for a good hour and just relaxing. It's in the back corner of Paradise Pier kind of near the Symphony Swings and the Fun Wheel. There is a pizza & pasta restaurant and a Mediterranean place in the corner. I think the only time I didn't wait in line for food was when I found that spot.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

At Disneyland, there are some benches over near First Aid (past the corn dog cart) that always seems like a pretty mellow spot to me.

During the day at DCA (or on non-Mad T Party nights), there are those oversized plastic chairs outside of the Mad Arcade. If Mad T Party is closed, that area is typically pretty low-key.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

It's not quiet, but one of the places we decompress is the main room of the animation building in DCA. It is especially nice on a hot day to duck in there and sit and watch the big screens covered in wonderful Disney movies.

I would think there might be places on Tom Sawyer Island that are more peaceful than the rest of the park. I agree with the Hungry Bear suggestion, too.

Mr. Lincoln... Magnolia Park... I think there is a nature trail near Grizzly River Rapids - it might have a bench or two?

• Minion

Court of Angels

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Innoventions? No one ever goes in there... And at least its air conditioned in the summer!

I've spend some time sitting on the seats in the lobby waiting for Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. I sat on the seats through several shows one time just chilling in the cool air.

The lobby of the Grand Californian is a nice place to relax, but its a bit outside of the park.

Over where the Motor Boats use to be there are some tables/benches. It use to be a smoking section but when I was there last weekend I think they may have moved the smoking section somewhere else? I didn't look that close. Except for the monorail going overhead every so often its a pretty peaceful place.

Court of Angels is nice, but there aren't a lot of places to sit and relax for any length of time.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by brandond6 View Post
    The first place that I can thing of is the farthest corner of the balcony at Hungry Bear Restaurant. There's usually not to many people in the far corner and you get a great view of Rivers of America.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    I found a great spot in DCA that was practically deserted. I wound up sitting there for a good hour and just relaxing. It's in the back corner of Paradise Pier kind of near the Symphony Swings and the Fun Wheel. There is a pizza & pasta restaurant and a Mediterranean place in the corner. I think the only time I didn't wait in line for food was when I found that spot.
    These are the two places I would recommend.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

The 'accessible experience' room for the Sleeping Beauty Castle walk through, if no one is in there using it - I've never seen anyone. Hid out there one hot August day for quite a while in the refreshing air conditioning.

The 1901 Lounge is pretty empty most days
    Seriously though, the dock below The Hungry Bear is my favorite. Lots of kitties to play with and ducks to feed.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

When small world is down the whole back part of Fantasyland is very quite and just a place to relex in the late evening hours- just that train goes by every 20 minutes. Also Fantasyland Theater is very quite.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

Like others have said, the far seating area at Hungry Bear is nice plce to stop at. Another place i like to go is the eating area for Harbour Galley. Its right along beside the river and just far enough away from the main path that there is not to much noise. Right now the back part of Critter Country is pretty quite. There are some nice shaded benches near the exit and entrance to Splash Mountion.

Lightbulb Re: Quiet Places At Disneyland Resort

When you enter Disneyland through the main gate in the morning, go immediately to the Main Street train station and ask for an appointment to ride the Lily Belle Presidential Car. At your appointed time, you will enjoy a deliciously leisurely and 19th-century elegant ride around the Park.
    ______
    Rachane

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast