• My Children's Father

Questions for DCA Experts

I would have said "DCA Lovers", but I did not want to exclude the non-lovers ......

The Panda Family will be going to DCA tomorrow (Jan 17th) as close to opening as possible, which we've never done before. Does DCA have a "rope drop" type affair like they do at Disneyland? Where is the "rope"?

Also, what are the lines like at the Monsters, Inc. ride that early on a non-holiday Tuesday? 5 minutes? 30?

Thanks for any help!
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"
    - Ron Livingston, "Band of Brothers"

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Questions for DCA Experts

They usually open up the Condor Flats area about 30 minutes before park opening, so you can generally get on Soarin and do some shopping, get some coffee, etc, before 10am.

They actually have like 3 rope drops. One into the Hollywood area, one past Sunshine Plaza and one between Soarin and Grizzly.

• My Children's Father

Can you really get on and ride Soarin' before "park opening", or can you just get in line for it?
    "She's taking everything. She's taking the house, she's taking the kid, she's taking the dog. IT'S NOT EVEN HER DOG. IT'S MY DOG! SHE'S TAKING . . . MY DOG!"

• Give Peace a Chance

You can ride it. It is a great attraction and a favorite for many so many people will head there fast. Any new attraction will have a longer line so you may want to consider fast passes. I would think even if it is slow you will be looking at least 20 to 30 min. DCA is not as deserted as many people expect.
    Whatever you do try not to miss Aladdin ~ A Musical Spectacular & Disney's Animation which to me is the heart and soul of Disney. Both are located in Hollywood Pictures Backlot.
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• My Children's Father

Does Monsters have fastpass? Or are they waiting for the "official" opening?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I think you'll be fine on a Tuesday. You should be able to ride MONSTERS more than once in the morning.

• Former CM

I took my son on a Friday night and our wait was only 20 minutes. You should be fine on a Tuesday.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Panda
    Does Monsters have fastpass? Or are they waiting for the "official" opening?
    Monsters does not have Fastpass, and doesn't look like it will ever have it.

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

I went on Monsters Inc on a Sunday, it only had a 15 minute wait. You shouldn't have a wait longer then that.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Last Sunday, they had to make an extended queue for Monsters, Inc., and the wait was over an hour.

FYI, the ride will be closed this Sunday for a private party, and also be closed on Monday Morning for a Media event (aka the offficial opening).

Lately, the average wait for Monsters, Inc. has been about 40 minutes.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Minion

Thanks for the good information; helps with the touring strategy. Hopefully by April, the novelty will have worn off just a bit and the line won't be so long.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sters
    Thanks for the good information; helps with the touring strategy. Hopefully by April, the novelty will have worn off just a bit and the line won't be so long.
    I think you are right, currently the line is full of AP holders, who are checking out the new attraction, by April, most of them will have seen it at least once or twice.

Last Sunday, at the Noon meet many folks said it was worth about a 20 minute wait, and unless you haven't seen it, just wait until the lines get shorter.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• What have I done?

Hmm was cruising through this thread and had hopes it wouldnt be more then 40 minutes, gonna take my friend who hasnt been on it. Maybe even see the Panda family jk.

"This guy!"

• no flash photography...

on a saturday night we waited 30 minutes for the ride. At least thats what the sign said. I don't think we waited nearly that long though...