• Rrrrreecite!

Upgrading DL Deluxe AP to Premier at WDW

Hey all,

I purchased a 4 day park hopper for my trip next week and intend to upgrade to Deluxe AP before my vacation ends. I am heading to WDW in OCT and plan to upgrade to a Premier AP. My question is: Once I upgrade to Premier, will my pass start over? Meaning it won't expire until OCT 2014? Anyone have any experience with this or how this might work?

thanks all!
    Last edited by Jafar00; 02-10-2013 at 12:46 PM.

•   
    • Minion

Re: Upgrading DL Deluxe AP to Premier at WDW

You keep your original expatriation date. I did this two years ago.

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

The expiration date does not change. Your expiration date will be the first time you use your parkhopper. My suggestion is, if you are 100% set in stone that you are going to upgrade to a Premier pass, you might as well do it as soon as possible to fully receive the benefits of your pass. You'll get parking, no block out dates, and a better discount. It's no use getting a Premier later in October with only 3 more months of your pass left and be blocked out on certain days from February to October. Just upgrade now so you won't have any restrictions! You might as well

• Thrill Seeker

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    The expiration date does not change. Your expiration date will be the first time you use your parkhopper. My suggestion is, if you are 100% set in stone that you are going to upgrade to a Premier pass, you might as well do it as soon as possible to fully receive the benefits of your pass. You'll get parking, no block out dates, and a better discount. It's no use getting a Premier later in October with only 3 more months of your pass left and be blocked out on certain days from February to October. Just upgrade now so you won't have any restrictions! You might as well
    I agree with this. If nothing else you would save money on parking And you may be able to sneak in another visit to DL before your WDW trip.

• -

What everyone else just said. I just upgraded my premium to a premier last weekend and it still kept my original expiration.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Rrrrreecite!

Thanks so much everyone! This really helps. I was trying to spread out paying for the upgrade to Premier. This helps plan accordingly.

If I recall correctly when Premier was brand new, you got to go with the renewal date of when you upgraded from DL or WDW pass, which was a great perk. But now, that's long gone.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Also, if you are gonna upgrade your DL AP to the Premier at WDW, it needs to be done at Guest Relations at the Magic Kingdom or Downtown Disney...at least that is how it was about two years ago. They need to activate it at WDW as well as enter your fingerprint.

Any park's Guest Relations can sell the Premier Pass. I just got mine a few weeks ago at Hollywood Studios.
    My signature is NOT larger than my post, nor should yours be!

•   

I would try to do the upgrade at Disneyland Resort just before you leave to save yourself a few bucks on TAX which they charge at WDW.

• Just splashing around...

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoAl View Post
    I would try to do the upgrade at Disneyland Resort just before you leave to save yourself a few bucks on TAX which they charge at WDW.
    They actually still charge you FL tax when you upgrade in CA. Just did this a couple months ago...