MY version of the Haunted Mansion Story

This is my imagining of The Haunted Mansion back-story:
    Constance Hatchaway was an evil young woman. Her life consisted of luring in young, rich men with her beauty and charm, only to chop off their heads soon after their wedding night. This was a scam Constance had been playing for years in order to claim great sums of money from her poor departed husband's will. She had done this four times already, and was planning a fifth. Constance met a young man by the name of Edward Gracey, son of George Gracey, a deceased aristocrat. George's live savings and estate had been willed to Edward, making him the perfect target for Constance. Gracey fell for her charm and they planned to soon get married. Constance was overtook by Edward, and soon, fell in love with him herself, deciding not to kill him but to settle down and live a good life. By the day of their wedding, Constance had moved into Gracey manor, leaving trunks of old clothes and other items in Gracey's attic. Edward went to the attic to find his best tuxedo, preparing for the big night. He found one of Constance's old trunks and proceeded to rummage through it. Inside, he found a stainless-steel hatchet and a letter. Gracey threw down the hatchet and read the letter to himself. It was a letter to her partner in crime, an unsuspecting hatbox salesman, saying how she will not kill Gracey as she loves him, and all the other killings were a mistake. Gracey went nearly insane after learning the appalling news and hung himself from the rafters. When Constance found his body, she, too took her own life, jumping from the attic window. To this day, people claim to have seen lights coming from the windows of the attic. Some even say you can still see Constance's wedding ring, implanted to the pavement on the house walkway.

What do you think? Constructive criticism is appreciated!

Re: MY version of the Haunted Mansion Story

You took Guillermo del Toros script for his movie didn't you

thats a pretty well thought out plot for Gracey, the bride and the hatbox ghost. but how does it explain the 999 ghosts? Madam Leotta? the singing busts could possibly be the men she married and killed.

• We Go On.

Honestly, I took a first glance at this thread and thought, "Here we go again."

The Mansion, in its very nature, does not follow a complex backstory.

But seeing as we're getting a new movie, for cinematic purposes, I was very impressed.

• Selfie Expert

Wait!! Is there a ring on the walkway of the attraction?!

I like this background! Adds a fun dimension to the Mansion. Thanks for posting!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Well, there used to be a "ring" implanted in the WDW walkway just as you exited the mansion. It was actually where a pipe used to be but people thought it was a ring, so Disney played along with it. In the 2007 refurb however, it was removed and paved over, but Disney added a REAL wedding ring in the interactive queue embedded in the pavement. You can see a picture at the link below. And thanks for the feedback!
    HHG-15.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Wait!! Is there a ring on the walkway of the attraction?!

I like this background! Adds a fun dimension to the Mansion. Thanks for posting!
    Well, there used to be a "ring" implanted in the WDW walkway just as you exited the mansion. It was actually where a pipe used to be but people thought it was a ring, so Disney played along with it. In the 2007 refurb however, it was removed and paved over, but Disney added a REAL wedding ring in the interactive queue embedded in the pavement. You can see a picture at the link below. And thanks for the feedback!
    HHG-15.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by animark View Post
    You took Guillermo del Toros script for his movie didn't you

thats a pretty well thought out plot for Gracey, the bride and the hatbox ghost. but how does it explain the 999 ghosts? Madam Leotta? the singing busts could possibly be the men she married and killed.
    I actually didn't read it. Has it even been released? LOL And I didnt really think about the other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by WDITrent View Post
    Honestly, I took a first glance at this thread and thought, "Here we go again."

The Mansion, in its very nature, does not follow a complex backstory.

But seeing as we're getting a new movie, for cinematic purposes, I was very impressed.
    Thanks!