Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Fastpass Return Enforcement Signs at IJA

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Itís not a fallacy. If there are additional people in the fastpass line due to people cutting in line with expired fastpasses the stand by line will be delayed by each of the additional people. In other words, if there are 30 people showing up into the fastpass line after the fireworks and 20 of those have expired fastpasses, the stand by line will experience a delay for each of those 20 people who are cutting into line instead of only the 10 that should legitimately be in the fastpass line. The 10 legitimate people in the fastpass line will also be unfairly delayed as well.

So far, everything about this is speculation. There has never been anything saying that this will be exclusively for hotel guests. In addition, the current fastpass system is supposed to still be available. Therefore, even if one doesnít elect to use the new system they can still use the old.
    And won't you also have the option of using a little of each? Does having the wristband exclude you from also picking up standard FastPasses? Also, this isNot the same as it was in the days of the ticket books. Everyone entering the parks for the last 30 plus years has, and still has, an unlimited number of "tickets", as it where. The system doesn't reduce the number of rides you can go on.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by 9oldmen View Post
    And won't you also have the option of using a little of each? Does having the wristband exclude you from also picking up standard FastPasses? Also, this isNot the same as it was in the days of the ticket books. Everyone entering the parks for the last 30 plus years has, and still has, an unlimited number of "tickets", as it where. The system doesn't reduce the number of rides you can go on.
    Exactly!
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

The thought never even crossed my mind to get a FastPass way early then use it much later when it was "more useful". Like I've said on here before, I have used FastPasses late, but only within roughly 20 minutes and because of issues out of my control. In my 4th year as an AP I'd guess I've done this less than 5 times (and I average 2 trips per month). I admit to my own abuse, but I'm starting to realize there are many habitual abusers out there who purposefully misuse the system.

I believe this will be an overall positive for the Resort.

• Inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbelle View Post
    Wow, that must be a rare occurrence because I have never seen that happen. Even with Space Mountain, I've seen some long FP lines at night but they were never longer than stand-by. I think it would take some extraneous circumstances for that to happen - most likely the ride being down for a large part of the day and a good number of the people who missed their FP times coming back once the ride is up and running again. And if that is the case, enforcing return times won't make much of a difference in such a situation, unless they don't allow later returns for those whose FP times were during ride closures.
    Yeah I actually see this a lot on the water rides at night. And we always go in the off season so it's cooler in the evenings. Not a big draw for people to get on them at that time. I doubt this would happen to the same degree on Space Mountain, but you can't deny the evening rush of people that have been holding onto their FP all day.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyFREAK242 View Post
    I know this will be frowned upon by many, but just to clarify, they are enforcing starting February 18, correct? My last trip for a few years is this weekend, and I am used to abusing the system... Someone should try it out this week and report the CM reactions
    Yes on the 18th. Currently we are in the eduction period, where signs and CMs will instruct you on how to return but not limit your returning.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    So far, everything about this is speculation. There has never been anything saying that this will be exclusively for hotel guests. In addition, the current fastpass system is supposed to still be available. Therefore, even if one doesn’t elect to use the new system they can still use the old.
    Even what you are saying is speculation.

In the MyMagic + thread last week I answered and explained the in and outs with facts.

• The doctor is in

Excellent news.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Im really happy that they are going out of their way to make the new policy enforcement very obvious for guests, by adding new signage, instead of just relying upon correct, but unchanged FP tickets.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Even what you are saying is speculation.
    Nope. Everything I said has other than the speculation that i pointed out been mentioned before.
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerjay View Post
    Im really happy that they are going out of their way to make the new policy enforcement very obvious for guests, by adding new signage, instead of just relying upon correct, but unchanged FP tickets.
    They did the same thing at Disney World.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Not exactly. So if understand what guests who were given the opportunity to try out MM+ before its roll out, when you book your vacation you are given the option to preselect like 4 attractions from a list to get FP+ reservations for. I'm not totally sure if this is per day or per trip, but still once you are in the park you are free to use regular fastpass in addition to FP+ so basically you get 4 extra FP tickets that don't make you wait until you can obtain another one.

Quote Originally Posted by jsanch2 View Post
    Not exactly. So if understand what guests who were given the opportunity to try out MM+ before its roll out, when you book your vacation you are given the option to preselect like 4 attractions from a list to get FP+ reservations for. I'm not totally sure if this is per day or per trip, but still once you are in the park you are free to use regular fastpass in addition to FP+ so basically you get 4 extra FP tickets that don't make you wait until you can obtain another one.

That was the test period. I've seen it widely stated that once it is permanent, it is an either or.

Really, it has to be. If you run the numbers, especially at WDW, where there are over 20,000 onsite hotel rooms, if the guests get 4 each, the standby lines would increase many hours for all the big rides. There just aren't that many FPs.

You're living in Fantasyland if you think the current FP system can let that many people double their FP allottment for the day without destroying the guest experience for everyone else.

-R

Quote Originally Posted by Rastuso View Post

Really, it has to be. If you run the numbers, especially at WDW, where there are over 20,000 onsite hotel rooms, if the guests get 4 each, the standby lines would increase many hours for all the big rides. There just aren't that many FPs.

-R
    Those hotel rooms are seldom if ever 100% booked. Also, those hotel guests, if I understand, will only be able to use the system for one park at a time, per day. Also, some may not even opt to use the system at all. Then again, if I understand, the option may be available to non-resort guests, like AP holders. There's lots of variables. Plus, I can guarantee you that some of the people with the bands are not going to stick with the plan they made. I think we all know that.
    Then again, during the testing period, the system may work better than expected, and you may be able to eventually choose more than 4 attractions.

Those hotel rooms are seldom if ever 100% booked. Also, those hotel guests, if I understand, will only be able to use the system for one park at a time, per day. Also, some may not even opt to use the system at all. Then again, if I understand, the option may be available to non-resort guests, like AP holders. There's lots of variables. Plus, I can guarantee you that some of the people with the bands are not going to stick with the plan they made. I think we all know that.
    Then again, during the testing period, the system may work better than expected, and you may be able to eventually choose more than 4 attractions.
    The system will DEFINITELY work better during tests, since I'm pretty sure the testers are still getting normal FP, so it's a HUGE plus. And that's exactly what Disney wants the word to be from them: "WOW, FP+ was incredible".

Truth is, if FP and FP+ are mutually exclusive, FP+ seems to definitley be the worse of the two for all but the absolute busiest times.

And as for resort guests, you vastly underestimate it. Touringplans says there are over 30,000 onsite rooms. Let's say they average 2 guests per room, and 90% occupancy, which is likely low. That's roughly 50,000 guests (a big underestimate), or about 12,500 per park, times 4 FP+ per day. There is no way in hell they are adding 50,000 Fastpasses to each park. My guess is a park like the Studios doesn't even pass out that many on some days. There is NO QUESTION, FP+ is separate.

But, it also offers parade spots, etc. If anything, FP+ is a way for Disney to dupe idiot first time guests, who choose FP+ for the afternoon parade, Peter Pan, Little Mermaid, and one good selection of Splash. I have no doubt that Disney is using this as a way to try and steer unwitting guests to stupid FP+ choices. If not, and they do steer all resort guests to Mountain FP+s, the offsite guest is royally screwed.

It could go either way, but FP+ is just like FP, a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. It does not serve the guest, but Disney's pocketbook. That's fine, they are a business, but you're not too bright if you think this whole system is being rolled out for you, and others, to get more E ticket rides. It's pretty much a guarantee that a savvy visitor will lose with FP+ rollout.

-R

• No Disassemble!

...but FP+ is just like FP, a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
    ^This!
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• is poppin' tags

This is a big bummer. My strategy for victory in the Gumball Rally has been destroyed.
    For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
    http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

It could go either way, but FP+ is just like FP, a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
    Nonsense. If they went back to the "old" way, people would truly realize how much better it is now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast