Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Filmmaker

Re: Fastpass Return Enforcement Signs at IJA

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Why? The people who gave up their place in the stand by line don't get to come back to their same spot any time during the day. It is more than generous the way Disney is doing it.
    Often Disney will hand out passes for people caught in line when a ride breaks down allowing them to return later when the ride is back up. Granted, there's usually a period where they say "we'll try to get the ride up as soon as possible, you're welcome to stick around if you'd like." when most people abandon ship. However, the people who stick it out only to find that the attraction does not come back up are often rewarded with these kind of passes.

So, to put it simply, yes they do. At least enough of the time to be noteworthy.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    Often Disney will hand out passes for people caught in line when a ride breaks down allowing them to return later when the ride is back up. Granted, there's usually a period where they say "we'll try to get the ride up as soon as possible, you're welcome to stick around if you'd like." when most people abandon ship. However, the people who stick it out only to find that the attraction does not come back up are often rewarded with these kind of passes.

So, to put it simply, yes they do. At least enough of the time to be noteworthy.
    Not always.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    While I'm fully on board with enforced FastPass times, I'm not sure I agree with this particular solution. If a ride breaks down during your return time, I think they should honor your FastPass for the rest of the day. There's no way of knowing when a ride will be operational again so if you wanted to guarantee that you could use your FP you'd have to circle back around to that attraction every hour.

As long as the FP return time was during the window when the ride was closed it seems only fair to accept it for the rest of the day.

I hear what you are saying. If that truly is what they are going to do (1 hr after ride reopens) I guess it will really behoove us to check whatever wait time app we have & hope that it updates to show the reopening in a timely manner. Maybe that's the reasoning, "everyone has a smartphone, they can check the reopening time & come back". Not necessarily true, of course. But then again, many people will probably move on & not bother trying to use the FP.

I would be more inclined to have a 'stamp' and if you come to use your FP within the correct times & the ride is down, the CM can stamp it allowing you to return at any time. If you look at your app & it's down and you don't show up to get your stamp, you're out of luck. That way only the people who have truly been inconvenienced by actually going to the ride just to find it's broken down will be able to use their FP later. Everyone could make their own decision if it's worth their time to walk over for the stamp or just blow it off.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I would be more inclined to have a 'stamp' and if you come to use your FP within the correct times & the ride is down, the CM can stamp it allowing you to return at any time. If you look at your app & it's down and you don't show up to get your stamp, you're out of luck. That way only the people who have truly been inconvenienced by actually going to the ride just to find it's broken down will be able to use their FP later. Everyone could make their own decision if it's worth their time to walk over for the stamp or just blow it off.
    I think a system like this would work quite well. It makes it pretty fool-proof; if there's a stamp they can get on, if not then no dice.

Issuing a "guest recovery" pass to the people who are in the standby line at the time that the ride breaks down: it's something that they do Sometimes but not always. Having said that, and I realize that I am going off topic here, with admission prices rapidly approaching 100+ dollars, now might be a nice time for the company to seriously think about doing this more often. And I really prefer the idea of giving these out to the FP holders as well, provided that they Physically report to the attraction entrance during what would have been their window. I prefer this to that " stamping" idea because it just simplifies it that much more. It's more generic for both the standbys and the FPs, if that makes sense.
    And/ or, about the " smartphone" APP: you make it available, and, you have other ways for people to access the info. It should be no problem to provide that service to the people working City Hall/Chamber of Commerce, as well as the people at the wait time boards in the hub and BVS. In fact, I'm sure those people already get that info. That way, those of us " sans" smartphones will not have to keep checking back in at the attraction. Simple solution/fix.
    Also, how many cast members working other areas have smartphones? More like " how many don't". Not having a device of your own in no way means that you need to be deprived of the info.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    FastPass period makes lines just about double. The best way to keep the lines down is to get rid of FastPass altogether.
    No because Indy is going to be 40 mins or more no matter what...so I rather have a ticket that gets me on in under 20 mins
    Same goes with Screamin, ToT, and Space

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

All they have to do is mark down what time the attraction goes down and let people in who come back with that time-window on their ticket. Some people might see the blank signs on an attraction like Space Mt. and just walk away which would cause situations easily avoided by Disney.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    No because Indy is going to be 40 mins or more no matter what...so I rather have a ticket that gets me on in under 20 mins
    Same goes with Screamin, ToT, and Space

Pretty much this pre FP the attractions that offer FP now were horrible lines. FP only helps there really is no denying it.

As far as enforcing the times it won't effect me I always return during the periods. I honestly don't think we will see a difference. They are only doing this to gear up for their other product they want to do anyways. It's not to better the FP experience it's to make sure MM+ is in a position to succeed

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Pretty much this pre FP the attractions that offer FP now were horrible lines. FP only helps there really is no denying it.

As far as enforcing the times it won't effect me I always return during the periods. I honestly don't think we will see a difference. They are only doing this to gear up for their other product they want to do anyways. It's not to better the FP experience it's to make sure MM+ is in a position to succeed
    For those of us who always followed the rules, it will make no difference. The people for whom it will make a difference ,in a positive way, will be standby guests later in the day, who will no longer have to deal with additional delays caused by all the late FP users. There will still be delays, just not as many.

• True Disney Freak

I would say from our experience yesterday the enforcement is hugely affecting the lines. We waited, not moving over 20 minutes in the RSR line as fast pass holder after fast pass holder went by. Same for Star tours, I was near the entrance waiting for my group, they called when they were just inside the building and said it didnt wrap around, only went around the outer perimeter, took them over 20 minutes to come back outside as fast pass holders walked right in. We had fast passes to Indy, got there within our time frame and waited in a line that went down past Tarzen's treehouse, Tower of Terror arrived within our time frame herded to a line on the right and ended up with a 30 minute wait, standby was 45 so we did save 15 minutes, however.... I don't think it's working efficiently.
    Last edited by mickeygirl66; 02-25-2013 at 09:53 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345