Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Ossumpossum

Fastpass Return Enforcement Signs at IJA

First off, I apologize if this has already been posted here. I just noticed it today and don't recall any threads on it, so I figured I might as well post it.

I was at the park today and noticed the sign pictured below atop all of the IJA fastpass machines. I didn't notice them on any of the other fp rides' machines, and I'm fairly certain I did not see these when I went a week or two ago.

The enforcement begins.

P.S. The picture is all pixely because my phone's camera is icky and I had to resize it on paint to get the post to accept it. No shops, I swear. D: (I would like to think that my photoshop skills are better than this. lol) I'll try to resize it again later when I have access to something other than paint.

Name:  2013-02-10_13-09-53_482.jpg
Views: 1343
Size:  178.4 KB

Re: Fastpass Return Enforcement Signs at IJA

This is definitely new and seems fine to me.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Inappropriate

I can't even tell you how happy this makes me. Seriously. It's about time we start using the system the way it was meant.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• -

Awesome news.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Under that tree again!

What Westsider said is just how Disney last did this. CMs heard, guests were notified, guests were told, then after a few weeks a firm date was made for the change to be fully effective.
    Effective on the 18th.

Want to know where that post I quoted come from? This thread will be soon merged into the thread it's from.

Not really happy about it, but I think it will be interesting to see how it affects the lines.
    ​Mama to four beautiful girls!

it says please return. so does that mean they will still let it slide. it doesnt say you must return

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo123 View Post
    it says please return. so does that mean they will still let it slide. it doesnt say you must return
    Not until the 18th. This is the guest education period.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Sigh.....f lines go down then great...but if they stay the same..then this sucks

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Sigh.....f lines go down then great...but if they stay the same..then this sucks

They will probably go up during the day and down in the evening. No more backups on SM after fireworks as well as no more empty FP lines during the day. Add to that the number of people who normally would have put off using expired FPs until getting tired but now use their FP more wisely, I'd say there will be an overall increase in the amount of people who return.

I don't see this necessarily "helping" because technically, no capacity is gained through FP so it will just shift patterns around a bit. Good for Disney and their FP+ but it will negatively affect just as many people as it will positively depending on whether your pass is during the day or night. Yay for frequent evening FP holders. Boo for Morning, afternoon FP holders.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    the long lines will always stays the same. so not much change there in my view. i think this blows big time.

• MaliBOOMer

**** this sucks! It means the fast pass you get that becomes valid at 8:40 a.m. is useless because the line isn't long at that time. I can no longer use them during the afternoon lines. Instead of using 4 FP when the lines are super long I can use closer to one.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

•   
    • Minion

it won't really help like everyone thinks WdW is like no different than it ever was. it will be interesting to see how mymagic+ does to the system. This is the only reason they are making the change anyways to promote their new product.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    the long lines will always stays the same. so not much change there in my view. i think this blows big time.
    Then this is just a negative thing for me.....unless as someone pointed out nightime lines go down

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    **** this sucks! It means the fast pass you get that becomes valid at 8:40 a.m. is useless because the line isn't long at that time. I can no longer use them during the afternoon lines. Instead of using 4 FP when the lines are super long I can use closer to one.
    If it is useless for that time because there is no line, then dont get a fastpass for that ride yet. Ride it stand by and come back and get your fastpass for later when the line will be longer.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast