Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amtrak to DL?

Amtrak to DL?

Is there a bus or shuttle that goes from the Anaheim Amtrak station to DL? Is a cab the only option?

Re: Amtrak to DL?

There's a bus. It's also not that far to walk, if I remember right. A mile or two. I forget which route, but I think there's actually a couple. There's a resort bus and an Orange county route.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Quote Originally Posted by oodelally View Post
    Is there a bus or shuttle that goes from the Anaheim Amtrak station to DL? Is a cab the only option?
    OCTA bus 430

OCTA bus 50 then connect to the OCTA bus 43 to Disneyland

ART Shuttle Route 14 and 15.

OR

If you are taking Amtrak to the Disneyland Resort area, you can go to Fullerton Amtrak Station (one station up from Anaheim) and just take OCTA bus 43 strait to the park.

Orange County Transportation Authority

Route 14 | Anaheim Resort Transportation

• Disneyland Man

Yikes! Anyone would be really tired before their Disneyland day even started if you walked there from the Amtrak station (not to mention, returning). Really, bus transfers? Its not that far! No wonder NO-body actually does this, despite being a great idea. If only they would reuse the wasted People-mover track, or something to pull it together. I really don't understand why there is not at least a dedicated shuttle service between the train station and Disneyland, when the timing couldn't be any easier to cordinate with regular train service a few times per day. (At EuroDisney and TokyoDisney, the local transit lines come right to the gate. HKDL too; as will Shanghai resort)

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    - - Walt Disney

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by alphabassetgrrl View Post
    There's a bus. It's also not that far to walk, if I remember right. A mile or two. I forget which route, but I think there's actually a couple. There's a resort bus and an Orange county route.
    It is way to far to walk. Basically the train station is in the far end of the Angel Stadium parking lot on the side furthest from Disneyland. Take the OCTA or ART as others have suggested.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by waltopia View Post
    Yikes! Anyone would be really tired before their Disneyland day even started if you walked there from the Amtrak station (not to mention, returning). Really, bus transfers? Its not that far! No wonder NO-body actually does this, despite being a great idea. If only they would reuse the wasted People-mover track, or something to pull it together. I really don't understand why there is not at least a dedicated shuttle service between the train station and Disneyland, when the timing couldn't be any easier to cordinate with regular train service a few times per day. (At EuroDisney and TokyoDisney, the local transit lines come right to the gate. HKDL too; as will Shanghai resort)
    Interested in this topic? Join us at:

Mass Transit 2 the Disneyland Resort

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by oodelally View Post
    Within the next several years, a new train station (ARCTIC) and a streetcar from the station to the Anaheim Resort Area will make this possible. (See Mass Transit 2 Disneyland thread for details and links.)

Thank you!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by waltopia View Post
    Really, bus transfers? Its not that far! No wonder NO-body actually does this, despite being a great idea.
    You transfer at the intersection of Harbor and Katella. At which point you are only a ten minute walk to the gates, and also likely near your hotel if coming on an overnight trip.

Also keep in mind that once to LA you can take the Metro the regional communter train to Anaheim. If runs much more often if you aren't already on a train going through Anaheim.

Do not walk this, ever. Even if you're from some NYC type place where walking is normal, REMEMBER you still have 10+ hours of more walking and standing once you get TO the park!

Quote Originally Posted by mrwagnal9 View Post
    Do not walk this, ever. Even if you're from some NYC type place where walking is normal, REMEMBER you still have 10+ hours of more walking and standing once you get TO the park!
    I've done with no issue. Its really not that bad of a walk.

• Hooterville, USA

You could bicycle, skateboard or rollerblade it with no problem.

I would take a cab.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

There's a phone at the Anaheim train station that you can pickup and ART will come and pick you up. I've done it a couple of times. Quite easy. For the return trip, it's route 14 or 15.
    -Monorail Man

If you drive, you may end up in the Toy Story Lot and then must take a bus. Might as well take the train to Fullerton and hop on OCTA #43 down Harbor to DLR.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Also keep in mind that once to LA you can take the Metro the regional communter train to Anaheim. If runs much more often if you aren't already on a train going through Anaheim.
    Not really. Only one in the morning. if you arrive at Union Station in the afternoon, then there are a bunch of depatures. Eight, and a few more with transfers at Fullerton.

Orange County Line Schedule | Metrolink
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast