Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 75
  1. #16

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,477

    Re: Are there any attractions at WDW that are clearly betteer than the DL version?

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The rockets are still up high at Magic Kingdom. Definitely superior.
    Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post

    -The elevated position of the rockets.
    While that is an advantage, I also find it to be a disadvantage. I light the elevator but other wise the ride is unthemed and provides a view of unthemed rooftops. It's also is a prime example of the unkept manner of WDW.

    If I could I would make a big change to the DL Astro Orbiter, but how I'll leave off.


    I realize Stiches Great Escape is not well loved. It is a unique attractions, and DL has no rocket to anywhere anymore.

  2. #17

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,402

    Re: Are there any attractions at WDW that are clearly betteer than the DL version?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin View Post
    Carousel of Progress
    Country Bear Jamboree
    Tower of Terror
    Little Mermaid Exterior -Prince Eric's Castle
    People Mover
    Rocket Jets
    Pooh
    Swiss Family Treehouse
    The Castle Dream Suite better than the New Orleans Dream Suite (which should have remained a Disney Gallery)
    The Halloween Party And the Halloween Parade!
    Hall of President beats just Lincoln
    Exterior of Bug's Life 3D (Tree of Life) movie beat DCA's version
    Oh man, do I disagree. Our Suite has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room, a balcony and a backyard patio. Not to mention the incredible views. Give me DL's Suite any day over MK's.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

  3. #18

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,402

    Re: Are there any attractions at WDW that are clearly betteer than the DL version?

    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The rockets are still up high at Magic Kingdom. Definitely superior.
    I'm terrified of Astro Orbitor at DL because they're so high. I'm so happy I found out MK's was even higher, before I go to Florida. That is one attraction I will not be experiencing.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

  4. #19

    •   
    • DCA Is Underrated
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    39

    Re: Are there any attractions at WDW that are clearly betteer than the DL version?

    Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Oh man, do I disagree. Our Suite has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room, a balcony and a backyard patio. Not to mention the incredible views. Give me DL's Suite any day over MK's.
    agree 100%
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Only a true Disney fan would build a replica Space Mountain in their back yard. Hell yeah.

  5. #20

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Paper St
    Posts
    1,346

    Re: Are there any attractions at WDW that are clearly betteer than the DL version?

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak10 View Post
    And in no way is the ToT at DCA "crummy". It is still an $80 million dollar ride with TONS of tech. in it and a great story with great CMs. What's with all the hate. Coulda been up to par with the WDW fans' standard for ToT if Eisner didn't restrict the money that could have been used for the ride. Disney is Disney, we don't need hate anywhere.
    Wow, I didn't mean to offend you, I don't hate it, I just really think that ToT is better at WDW, due to the theming, aesthetic, fifth-dimension room, and the random drop profile...as well as the fact that you don't have to walk through the exit hallway before you enter the elevator! But I respect that you like DCA's.

    And the space issue...yeah I get it, DL is smaller, but I don't really care lol. If more space means a better ride, then I'm going to say it, I won't give them a pass because they don't have as much space.

    But yeah all in all, I dont really think it's crummy and I don't want you to think I was hating anything haha

  6. #21

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    SF Bay Area, California, United States
    Posts
    2,630

    Re: Are there any attractions at WDW that are clearly betteer than the DL version?

    I would put WdW ToT on the list. The location and outside of it really sets the ride up before you even get in line it look creepy approaching it. This is clearly missing in Anaheim. The attraction itself it slightly better IMO as well.

    Astro Orbiter is better because of placement.



    I guess the fact they have a peoplemover,cbj is awesome and better than the DLR lack there of them lol.... Although I think the OP was looking for like comparisons rather than items that one has over the other.

  7. #22

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,954
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Are there any attractions at WDW that are clearly betteer than the DL version?

    I'd say Tot is better over there....the Jungle Cruise is a little better because of the ending...the rockets because they are located in a better area....Dumbo...and the rest like Big Thunder, Splash are about the same

  8. #23

    • No Disassemble!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    791

    Re: Are there any attractions at WDW that are clearly betteer than the DL version?

    Space Mtn because theirs has preserved much of its thematic elements (especially in-ride) while it seems like DL's is now just reduced to disco balls & projectors.

    Their Peoplemover simply because they still have one. But even if we did still have ours I always preferred the open air cabin feel of WDW's vs. the bars & canopy of DL's.

    Their Astro Orbiter because it's where it should be. Not on the ground like DL's.

    Country Bear Jamboree because they still have it.

    The Swiss Family Robinson Tree House because they still have it.

    Their Dumbo because of the "play while you wait" queue system they have. Would it kill TDA if they at least put more umbrellas out in the queue at DL?
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

  9. #24

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    1,402

    Re: Are there any attractions at WDW that are clearly betteer than the DL version?

    Why are we counting attractions that don't even exist at Disneyland? Makes no sense.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

  10. #25

    • -
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Uijeongbu
    Posts
    6,606

    Re: Are there any attractions at WDW that are clearly betteer than the DL version?

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    While that is an advantage, I also find it to be a disadvantage. I light the elevator but other wise the ride is unthemed and provides a view of unthemed rooftops. It's also is a prime example of the unkept manner of WDW.
    I have to disagree about the view. When Disneyland still had the Rocket Jets this was one of the best night rides simply because of the view of the park at night that it offered.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    Why are we counting attractions that don't even exist at Disneyland? Makes no sense.
    Some of them are made superior at Disneyland because of their non existence, like the Laugh Floor
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

  11. #26

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,494

    Re: Are there any attractions at WDW that are clearly betteer than the DL version?

    One man's "clearly" is another man's "hardly."

  12. #27

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    437

    Re: Are there any attractions at WDW that are clearly betteer than the DL version?

    ToT, Splash Mountain, Jungle Cruise are better at WDW.
    Splash is much better because the logs at DL go sooooo fast that you can't even see the sets.
    Space Mountain at WDW is just awful. So jerky and you can see the track the whole time.
    Also, ToT is better at WDW if you ride it once every couple of years. After three or four rides, theDCA version is more fun.

  13. #28

    • formerly very helpful
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,080

    Re: Are there any attractions at WDW that are clearly betteer than the DL version?

    I am responding before reading any posts, so I won't be influenced.

    My quick list of superior WDW versions of the same attractions would be (based on my 2006 visit):

    Haunted Manison
    SPlash Mountain
    Winnie the Pooh
    Big Thunder
    Astro Orbiter

  14. #29

    • formerly very helpful
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    5,080

    Re: Are there any attractions at WDW that are clearly betteer than the DL version?

    After looking at all the other posts, the only thing I would add is TOT. To me, the extra room makes a big difference.
    Still, I don't think any of DL's versions are too shabby.

    Anything else that has a DL and a WDW version would be classified as better at DL, or different, but equivalent. I also didn't count attractions that we no longer have at DL.

    Another category to include would be attractions with better queues in WDW.

    My list for that would be:
    Pirates of the Carribean
    Pooh
    Little Mermaid
    It's Tough to Be a Bug
    Space Mountain (corridor part)
    Fantasmic (has actual bleachers)

    Rides with superior queue at Disneyland:
    Haunted Mansion
    Big Thunder
    Small World (being outside with that impressive facade makes enough of a difference to me)
    Space Mountain (loading room)
    Star Tours (nothing to make it look like a movie set)
    Last edited by sbk1234; 02-13-2013 at 07:38 AM.

  15. #30

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,268

    Re: Are there any attractions at WDW that are clearly betteer than the DL version?

    Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    -The MK version of "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh." It's no Hunny Hunt, but it's still miles better than DL's version in terms of design, pacing, order, story, attention to detail, mood, and, arguably, placement in its respective land.
    MK's Pooh is definitely better than Disneyland's version. Disneyland's Pooh is the worst of the four Pooh rides, and will no doubt slide to fifth place when Shanghai opens. It really bugs me that Disneyland's Pooh opened after Tokyo, and yet didn't get the LPS Hunny Hunt ride system, or even some of the better lighting and effects. Ugh. I really don't like going on Pooh in Disneyland, it's just a yucky experience for some reason, maybe one day they'll take it out and put in a real ride.



    Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post


    -The Little Mermaid queue. No, that queue wouldn't have worked in DCA, but the quality, immersiveness, attention to detail, and craftsmanship of that queue is ten times better than the actual ride--and would love some of that quality to be brought to our version.
    While MK's queue for Mermaid is nice, it is sorta mismatched given that MK's Mermaid is just a clone of the underperforming/cheap Mermaid ride that DCA has. I'll enjoy seeing the rockwork at some point (though it seems a little bizarre), couldn't care less about the ride.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Idea] Scary Farm: 1,000 ideas that would be better than the mine ride (Invasion Beneath)
    By jcruise86 in forum Knott's Berry Farm and Cedar Fair Parks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 05:03 PM
  2. Are there any VMK Cards still being sold/bundled with in park items at WDW?
    By Jerren in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-30-2007, 06:27 AM
  3. Are there any sitcoms that filmed an episode in Disneyland/DCA?
    By Micoofy Duck in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 06:05 PM
  4. What should I do at WDW that I wont find in the guide books?
    By disneydan in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-23-2005, 08:12 AM
  5. Are there any Disneyland regulars that own a miniDV camera
    By RU42 in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-12-2005, 01:06 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •