Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• Minion

Re: Are there any attractions at WDW that are clearly betteer than the DL version?

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I know it's peoples opinions but I just can't see how anyone could find the WdW POTC to be better than the DL one. The setting of the attraction at DL is so immersive from the location of the attraction to the execution of it. To me the WdW version is so chopped up and forced. My opinion of course
    I don't think any of us can fathom the thought of anyone believing Florida's Pirates is superior to Disneyland's.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Minion

Re: Are there any attractions at WDW that are clearly betteer than the DL version?

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Have you ever been to Disneyland? By your statement you indicate you don't know what you are talking about.

I have...several times actually. I'm not sure how that is more fitting than the kind of fort pirates actually would've been seen in...and I actually love the DL version. It's location has always bothered me.

I guess you just want everything to be generic and nothing to surprise you.

As a kid, there was always a sense of mystery that I could enter the tours of an unassuming building and be transported back to the time when Pirates ruled the seas. But that's just me. I like stuff that's different, not just something that fits the mold I'd expect.

Thanks everyone for their input. I will be heading to WDW next year and will definitely prioritize my itinerary to see the the attractions that you have mentioned. Previous to this post, I had been considering bypassing MK altogether and just visit DHS, Epcot and DAK, but it seems that there are some things that are worth seeing at the MK after all.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

I might be a heathen, but other than the loading area, I enjoyed the WDW Haunted Mansion just a little bit more.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MactheMan View Post
    I guess you just want everything to be generic and nothing to surprise you.
    I guess so! Although I'm a little surprised by how defensive everyone is getting over a ride...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    I guess so! Although I'm a little surprised by how defensive everyone is getting over a ride...
    This is a Disneyland forum with serious Disneyland fans, of course we're going to be defensive.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    I don't think it's the ride. I think it's that for once the west coast has something that is better than something that exists on the east coast. I think this is more of an east coast vs. west coast type of thing.

Face it, out here when you see a nationally televised baseball game it's always either the Yankees or the Red Sox that they show. And why is it that American Idol and Dancing With The Stars (to site just a couple examples) are shown live on the east coast when they are actually filmed in LA? When something is better out here, even a little bit better, we like to gloat. Especially since there is not much attention paid to this neck of the woods by the rest of the country.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    And why is it that American Idol and Dancing With The Stars (to site just a couple examples) are shown live on the east coast when they are actually filmed in LA?
    Time zones and prime time viewing slots. It's almost impossible to do it any other way and maximize viewership.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I've been on both versions of Splash Mountain and must say while I think both are equally good on drops, I like the fact that there are more animatronics on DL version and the additional scene before the big drop. But I like that WDW has Brer Frog in the beginning when you're going uphill and also the logs seat side by side is a nice touch. I've heard people say that WDW version tells the story better but I don't quite see how. Maybe I'm just always too excited to ride.

I've also been on both versions of TOT and obviously WDW is longer and goes through the 5th dimension but I noticed that the drops weren't as fun. Even though they were random I get a lot more out of the drops at DCA. However I love the theming at WDW and the creepy forest and the way you exit the ride I remember being way better. I also would see more "hotel" cast members around. I don't understand all the hate for DCA version, it's an amazing ride all in all. By the way, at DCA there is this bell-hop that I absolutely adore! He does his job better than anyone I've ever seen there. He scared the living daylights outta my friend waiting in line. I think his name is Dave. He made that particular ride on TOT that day my very favorite ever.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walt Disney

• Your Nemesis

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post
    I've never been to Walt Disney World, but based on pictures and videos, there are definitely a few things that I think are superior to Disneyland.

-The elevated position of the rockets.

-The sheer existence of the PeopleMover.

-Carousel of Progress instead of Innovations.
    This, especially Carousel of Progress. Also the Tower of Terror.
    Running is a mental sport and I am insane!

• ~

Quote Originally Posted by OceanAlice View Post
    I've also been on both versions of TOT and obviously WDW is longer and goes through the 5th dimension but I noticed that the drops weren't as fun. Even though they were random I get a lot more out of the drops at DCA. However I love the theming at WDW and the creepy forest and the way you exit the ride I remember being way better. I also would see more "hotel" cast members around. I don't understand all the hate for DCA version, it's an amazing ride all in all. By the way, at DCA there is this bell-hop that I absolutely adore! He does his job better than anyone I've ever seen there. He scared the living daylights outta my friend waiting in line. I think his name is Dave. He made that particular ride on TOT that day my very favorite ever.
    You know, on my last trip to DCA, our Cast Member on Tower of Terror was named David, and he was excellent. We even went to the BVS Chamber of Commerce and left a compliment. I wonder if it was the name CM? He seemed very into his role and definitely helped enhance the creepiness of the attraction. I love when Cast Members help the Guests really get into the story, and they're especially effective at this on Tower of Terror.

• Suspended

Let's see here..

Astro Orbitor
    Tomorrowland Transit Authority
    Carousel of Progress
    Little Mermaid
    Dumbo
    Winnie the Pooh
    Jungle Cruise used to be on here but at Disneyland you don't feel like people are trying to get more pictures of the ride than enjoy it)
    Buzz Lightyear
    Splash Mountain was on here, but since the animatronics look like they belong to Santa Cruz, it has been removed....
    BTMRR
    Innoventions
    Muppet Vision 3D
    Tower of Terror

THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW
    SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY
    (Unless you accidentally ended up at Disneyland's building, then it's a great big ...never mind)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Haunted Mansion. My favorite attraction in DL and it pales in comparison to the one at Magic Kingdom.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345