Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Are there any attractions at WDW that are clearly betteer than the DL version?

It seems that I have never read a thread in which my fellow micechatters are willing to give the nod to WDW. I know we have a slight bias for our beloved DL. But there must be one or two things at WDW that you have say, "Yah, that's better, or I wish that had that at DL."

• Under that tree again!

Re: Are there any attractions at WDW that are clearly betteer than the DL version?

Everything around the Rivers of America. It travels through time in a clockwise fashion.

Big Thunder Mountain, while mostly the same, it has a few extras that aren't in DL, such as being on ROA.

Jungle Cruise is a little more extensive.

Tomorroland Transit Authority has an operating People Mover

Stitch's Great Escape, missing in DLR.

Upgraded queus of Dumbo, Pooh, Space, HM and BTMRR(which I've yet to experience). Little Mermaid could fit here but isn't a direct comparioson since it's counterpart is in DCA.

• Minion

Re: Are there any attractions at WDW that are clearly betteer than the DL version?

I'm in the minority on this one but I think Space Mountain is better at WDW. It has actual drops. Like good, scream-inducing belly-flop drops. No amount of queue or music can give DL that essential roller coaster quality, I think. Overall, a much more thrilling ride, and it's the original!

I also think that Haunted Mansion is better at WDW but another thread on this board tends to disagree with me. I'd also say Jungle Cruise is better because of the temple portion, Splash Mountain is better due to the larger logs and longer show scenes, Star Tours has a better capacity and more efficiency, Tower of Terror is leagues beyond the crummy DCA version, WDW's Winnie the Pooh is much better, and virtually every queue at WDW is a million miles better than their DL counterparts (though they don't have much room there so what can they do?). And of course, WDW has the Peoplemover still in tact, as well as the Carousel of Progress and the Country Bear Jamboree. I'd also give the slight edge to Small World because I prefer the flooded sets, even if DL's has a superior exterior.

• -

The rockets are still up high at Magic Kingdom. Definitely superior.

The entrance to Tomorrowland does not have the gold rocks that Disneyland does. Also a win for Disney World.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    This makes the Disneyland version win.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Filmmaker

Ahem...

Anyway, Disneyland is my home park, so I'm a bit biased, but there are a few I preferred at the World.

Big Thunder, for whatever reason, I prefer at Magic Kingdom. I can't put my finger on exactly what it is, but I like the details slightly better in Florida.

DHS' version of Tower of Terror is still the best one. DCA's is still great, but it lacks the dramatic approach and the more detailed ride.

Muppet*Vision, though identical in terms of the actual show, has a cooler exterior at DHS.

And, of course, MK's People Mover is better than Disneyland's empty track.

Haunted Mansion was on this list at one point in time, but I fear the newest additions (interactive queue, CG hitchhiking ghosts) might be enough to disqualify it. I'll have to see when I go this summer.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    The rockets are still up high at Magic Kingdom. Definitely superior.
    Oh, forgot about that one. What you said.

• ~

I've never been to Walt Disney World, but based on pictures and videos, there are definitely a few things that I think are superior to Disneyland.

-The elevated position of the rockets.

-The sheer existence of the PeopleMover.

-Carousel of Progress instead of Innovations.

-Swiss Family Robison Treehouse as opposed to Tarzan's Treehouse.

-The MK version of "The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh." It's no Hunny Hunt, but it's still miles better than DL's version in terms of design, pacing, order, story, attention to detail, mood, and, arguably, placement in its respective land. Except for its new "interactive," kiddified queue filled with toys that make the area look like a preschool. Ugh.

-The Little Mermaid queue. No, that queue wouldn't have worked in DCA, but the quality, immersiveness, attention to detail, and craftsmanship of that queue is ten times better than the actual ride--and would love some of that quality to be brought to our version.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    I'm in the minority on this one but I think Space Mountain is better at WDW. It has actual drops. Like good, scream-inducing belly-flop drops. No amount of queue or music can give DL that essential roller coaster quality, I think. Overall, a much more thrilling ride, and it's the original!

I also think that Haunted Mansion is better at WDW but another thread on this board tends to disagree with me. I'd also say Jungle Cruise is better because of the temple portion, Splash Mountain is better due to the larger logs and longer show scenes, Star Tours has a better capacity and more efficiency, Tower of Terror is leagues beyond the crummy DCA version, WDW's Winnie the Pooh is much better, and virtually every queue at WDW is a million miles better than their DL counterparts (though they don't have much room there so what can they do?). And of course, WDW has the Peoplemover still in tact, as well as the Carousel of Progress and the Country Bear Jamboree. I'd also give the slight edge to Small World because I prefer the flooded sets, even if DL's has a superior exterior.
    DL's USED to be better, until the refurb, and I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    the rockets are still up high at magic kingdom. Definitely superior.

The entrance to tomorrowland does not have the gold rocks that disneyland does. Also a win for disney world.

This makes the disneyland version win.
    yes.

•   
    • DCA Is Underrated

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post

I would have to disagree with you on everything, while I still respect your opinions 100%. I think that while ToT may have better themeing and random drops over the DCA version, DCA offers better technological advancements that go under the hood and guests may not notice. The boarding is WAY more efficient, and if one shaft or elevator goes down, the others will still work without delay. Plus, the DCA drop sequence offers tons more airtime. All due respect to the original ToT though, very good ride, don't get me wrong. Also, the DLR space mountain is faster, WAY better que, not as herky-jerky, and only has the turns spiraling down because of land limitations. You have to give props for the nice job on the DLR space mountain for the little money and space they had. And the HM is nice at WDW and has way more scenes with an interactive que. I get why that is favored over DLR but many people overlook the features in the HM that are native to DLR. But I do have to give Splash Mountain to WDW. And as far as Star Tours goes... no difference here. At all.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Only a true Disney fan would build a replica Space Mountain in their back yard. Hell yeah.

•   
    • DCA Is Underrated

And in no way is the ToT at DCA "crummy". It is still an $80 million dollar ride with TONS of tech. in it and a great story with great CMs. What's with all the hate. Coulda been up to par with the WDW fans' standard for ToT if Eisner didn't restrict the money that could have been used for the ride. Disney is Disney, we don't need hate anywhere.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Only a true Disney fan would build a replica Space Mountain in their back yard. Hell yeah.

•   
    • DCA Is Underrated

Quote Originally Posted by RosevilleDisfan View Post
    It seems that I have never read a thread in which my fellow micechatters are willing to give the nod to WDW. I know we have a slight bias for our beloved DL. But there must be one or two things at WDW that you have say, "Yah, that's better, or I wish that had that at DL."
    Tons more better rides at DLR than WDW, in comparrison to WDW than DLR.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

When it was up kept, Splash Mountain was widely considered to be better at the Magic Kingdom.

I would say The Haunted Mansion, but its been severely hurt with the insipid queue additions (and before anybody says it, it is only optional so long as FastPass+ is not available).

Missing makes it better.

• Pooloo See Bagoomba

Quote Originally Posted by gatheringrosebuds View Post

-The elevated position of the rockets.

-The sheer existence of the PeopleMover.

-Carousel of Progress instead of Innovations.
    The post I was writing in my head was exactly this.

Carousel Of Progress

Peoplemover

Rocket Jets

Tower Of Terror

Great minds we have gatheringrosebuds.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

I think WDW's Splash Mountain is better. It seems longer, anyway.

Also their Winnie the Pooh is better with the bouncing pots.

TOT is also better and has some things that DCA's doesn't, if I remember right.

I wish we had Philharmagic, Country Bear Jamboree, Liberty Square, and Belle's ballroom, the safari from Animal Kingdom, stadium seating for Fantasmic (although our setting at ROA is much better) and there may be a couple other things I'll think of later.

Of course there are some things at DLR that are better than WDW, too, like POTC, Small World, Teacups, we have a Matterhorn, New Orleans, etc.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Carousel of Progress
    Country Bear Jamboree
    Tower of Terror
    Little Mermaid Exterior -Prince Eric's Castle
    People Mover
    Rocket Jets
    Pooh
    Swiss Family Treehouse
    The Castle Dream Suite better than the New Orleans Dream Suite (which should have remained a Disney Gallery)
    The Halloween Party And the Halloween Parade!
    Hall of President beats just Lincoln
    Exterior of Bug's Life 3D (Tree of Life) movie beat DCA's version

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast