•   
    • DCA Is Underrated

Exclamation DLR and WDW Fantasmic Discussion

Hello my fellow micechatters!
    I was just recently at DLR watching fantasmic (a month earlier watching WDW fantasmic.). I noticed something quite peculiar...
    For some reason, WDW has WAY more water fountains for the effects at DLR, and I also noticed that the fountains at DLR could use a good refurbishment. Perhaps an enhancement? Also, I like to hear opinions. Which version is better. I prefer DLR to all of them, (besides WoC.) Feel free to contribute
    Have a great day,
    DisneyFreak10
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Only a true Disney fan would build a replica Space Mountain in their back yard. Hell yeah.

• Minion

Re: DLR and WDW Fantasmic Discussion

The only thing I really, REALLY enjoy about WDW Fantasmic! is their Lion King section. LOVE that part. Disneyland's version is far superior.

I don't think Florida's Fantasmic! has been updated at all, unfortunately. Hopefully that changes soon!
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

•   
    • DCA Is Underrated

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    The only thing I really, REALLY enjoy about WDW Fantasmic! is their Lion King section. LOVE that part. Disneyland's version is far superior.

I don't think Florida's Fantasmic! has been updated at all, unfortunately. Hopefully that changes soon!
    yeah... I resent the florida version. What happened to peter pan? Damn, they made their own area for the show and can't even fit in a decent, full-sized dragon.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Only a true Disney fan would build a replica Space Mountain in their back yard. Hell yeah.

• Dead men tell no tales.

DLR has a far better fantastic. For some reason people think the separate stadium thing makes WDW's Fantasmic better and to that I say nay. The way the rivers of america are so awesomely transformed from a peaceful setting by day to a powerful battle between good and evil by night far rivals a boring amphitheater that's only open part of the year.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFreak10 View Post
    yeah... I resent the florida version. What happened to peter pan? Damn, they made their own area for the show and can't even fit in a decent, full-sized dragon.
    I don't know what they were thinking, replacing Pan with Pocahontas.

That's one of the couple of things I don't like about Florida's version; the stadium. Yes, the seating is nice, but the stadium itself takes a little bit of that special Fantasmic! feeling away. What makes Disneyland's so great is its location; it comes out of nowhere on the Rivers of America, and that makes it so much more special to me.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    dlr has a far better fantastic. For some reason people think the separate stadium thing makes wdw's fantasmic better and to that i say nay. The way the rivers of america are so awesomely transformed from a peaceful setting by day to a powerful battle between good and evil by night far rivals a boring amphitheater that's only open part of the year.
    Exactly.

• Filmmaker

Disneyland's Fantasmic! is 1000 times better than DHS'. The setting isn't as good and the changes made to the DHS version are across the board bad.

•   
    • DCA Is Underrated

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    Disneyland's Fantasmic! is 1000 times better than DHS'. The setting isn't as good and the changes made to the DHS version are across the board bad.
    I'm gonna agree with that. Also, the dragon isn't TOO bad at WDW, but I like how DLR used a full sized dragon with some nice fire-breathing action

•   
    • DCA Is Underrated

Quote Originally Posted by Spence View Post
    DLR has a far better fantastic. For some reason people think the separate stadium thing makes WDW's Fantasmic better and to that I say nay. The way the rivers of america are so awesomely transformed from a peaceful setting by day to a powerful battle between good and evil by night far rivals a boring amphitheater that's only open part of the year.
    totally agree, bro

• Sultan of Swing

I love Fantasmic! at Disneyland more than the one at Disney Hollywood Studios. To me Disneyland's Fantasmic! has more emotion in it. At times I feel at DHS that their Performers just don't give off that Magical Feeling. Also that setting for DHS' F! is just....Ugh...An Eyesore. It is one of the ugliest Disney sets I have seen. A big rock mountain "Some Imagination Huh, Haha?".
    Last edited by BugSam101; 02-11-2013 at 08:46 PM.
    Always read the fine print.

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    What makes Disneyland's so great is its location; it comes out of nowhere on the Rivers of America, and that makes it so much more special to me.
    I couldn't agree more!! It's that magic of something incredible appearing out of nowhere. I love when I take one of my friends who have never seen the show, and they seem amazed that the island they saw kids playing on two hours ago is home to such a spectacular show. My favorite aspect of the show is that before it begins the stage is free of any sort of curtain hiding show elements and when it ends, there is no trace of the spectacle that just took place.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ewokrights View Post
    I couldn't agree more!! It's that magic of something incredible appearing out of nowhere. I love when I take one of my friends who have never seen the show, and they seem amazed that the island they saw kids playing on two hours ago is home to such a spectacular show. My favorite aspect of the show is that before it begins the stage is free of any sort of curtain hiding show elements and when it ends, there is no trace of the spectacle that just took place.
    Amen!