Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sad Muppetvision 3D-Oz preview

Does anyone know how to contact Disney regarding the ridiculous change over of Muppetvision 3D to the "preview" of Oz the Great and powerful? I love the Muppet attraction and I honestly do not care that it is older. To put it bluntly they are closing a classic attraction to try to make $$$ and I would like to inform Disney of this (not that they will care at all). I was going to see the new film but I refuse to now because of their obvious display of greed. We will be in Disneyland next week and were looking foward to experiencing one of our favorite classics. I get there once a year (if I am lucky) and they almost always manage to ruin at least 2 attraction experiences, no matter what time of year. Do they ever think of the people who just love Disney?

• Minion

Re: Muppetvision 3D-Oz preview

They put in different movies every so often. Muppets will be back. So far we have had tron... frank and weenie.. and prep and landing in the muppet theater. I think change is good and they do still show the muppets when there is a free time.

• Minion

I must say I think the previews are nice. Don't really care for Muppets.

I would suggest calling DL's customer service. The number should be on Disneyland's website somewhere.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

"Do they ever think of the people who just love Disney?"

Of course they do. Disney are experts when it comes to squeezing every last dime out of their customers. Especially from those who love them the most.

Greed? Does it cost money to watch the preview? Seems like they had to spend some money to do something different for their guests. I sure don't mind and I'll be watching it on the 15th.

• Avid MC reader since 2005

I'm actually hoping to see the preview for OZ there.

I am with you, OP. Muppet Vision is my favorite attraction in DCA, but I have only been able to watch it once. In October, Frankenweenie was playing, and now Oz will be playing during my spring break trip. It's extremely disappointing. I don't think it's okay to take away a real attraction and replace it with movie trailers.

Greed? Does it cost money to watch the preview? Seems like they had to spend some money to do something different for their guests. I sure don't mind and I'll be watching it on the 15th.
    They are trying to drum up interest for their movie, in an attempt to make a bigger profit. It is definitely not something they are doing just for the enjoyment of the guest.

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandkitty View Post
    they do still show the muppets when there is a free time.
    See, this is what bothers me. It is the Muppets Theater. It was designed for the Muppets. So they should not be playing the Muppets only when there is free time.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by jasmineray View Post
    I must say I think the previews are nice. . .
    I loved the extended Frankenweenie preview and the display that accompanied it, and I'm looking forward to OZ. I'm a fan of the Muppets show, but I like that they rotate in other shows too.

• No Disassemble!

Did the Muppets even come back up between Prep & Landing and this Oz announcement?
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    Did the Muppets even come back up between Prep & Landing and this Oz announcement?
    Yup, i was there on Saturday for the YES program, and it was it's regular old self

I like the previews, but it's kind of annoying since it really is a good attraction. why not do these previews in the old millionare sound stage and keep the muppet show as is? Or do that and instead have an actual show for the muppets instead of a 3D one

• SORCERER

Quote Originally Posted by G24T View Post
    Yes for most of Jan and currently. It is Muppets, until feb 15th I believe.

The Muppets is a great show but its played its fiddle a little to long, it really needs some major upgrades, and while its nice to see a extended preveiw of a new movie I would like to see Muppets be upgraded, especially considering how well the newer Muppets movie have done, as well as a second one coming out soon. Show Jim Hensen's legacy some respect

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post

I like the previews, but it's kind of annoying since it really is a good attraction. why not do these previews in the old millionare sound stage and keep the muppet show as is?
    I think this is a good idea. I personally think showing previews is not very creative, but it doesn't bother me as long as it isn't replacing anything else. If I remember correctly, there is actually more than one empty building in the Hollywood Land area. They should play previews there.

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyC View Post
    The Muppets is a great show but its played its fiddle a little to long, it really needs some major upgrades, and while its nice to see a extended preveiw of a new movie I would like to see Muppets be upgraded, especially considering how well the newer Muppets movie have done, as well as a second one coming out soon. Show Jim Hensen's legacy some respect
    This! I love Muppet Vision as is, but it is a little outdated. The new movie did very well, and I could definitely see them adding that into the attraction. Especially with a sequel in the works. I think the Muppets has definitely earned itself an upgrade!

• Minion

MuppetVision's something I'd hesitate to update seeing as it was the last thing Jim made before he died.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    MuppetVision's something I'd hesitate to update seeing as it was the last thing Jim made before he died.
    Amen.

You could plus some of the in-theater effects, but don't change the film. I think it's absolutely fantastic as is, and it'd be a real shame to lose it because of its historic significance.

As for the movie previews, I don't mind them too much, but it'd be nice if they had them only during a certain block of time. For instance, the TRON: Legacy preview only played at night during ElecTRONica, the rest of the day was Muppet*Vision.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast