Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • is in Antarctica

Re: Peoplemover track

Even if you weren't to fix it... simply put a vehicle on it that can move slowly that at least adds to the energy of the land. That way it doesn't seem like an old abandoned piece of nothing.
    Get the latest and greatest theme park news by

• Closed Account

Inside the PEOPLEMOVER station's elevator.

Quote Originally Posted by KingEric View Post
    Even if you weren't to fix it... simply put a vehicle on it that can move slowly that at least adds to the energy of the land. That way it doesn't seem like an old abandoned piece of nothing.
    Well, it all comes down to this year's demolition and renovation of the Tomorrowland attractions.
    Who knows, maybe the PEOPLEMOVER 2.0 will be part of it.

•   

I know people are going to hate me for this but honestly i dont really miss the people mover it really was never that big of a deal to me. i never went out of my way to ride it. but i do agree that it is an eye sore and honestly i believe it should be torn down at the least. there really is no point of just leaveing it there

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by PEOPLEMOVED View Post
    Well, it all comes down to this year's demolition and renovation of the Tomorrowland attractions.
    Who knows, maybe the PEOPLEMOVER 2.0 will be part of it.
    Nice thought ... but I don't think that is happening this year.

All speculation and rumors .. are placing a Tomorrowland revamp for later this decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    Personally, they should remove the track if they are not going to use it.
    Yeah ... that's if they keep the current Tomorrowland and all it's buildings that date 1967 and 1977. But if they ever get that rumored NEW Tomorrowland .. that's been a rumor for 10 years now .... then the PM tracks are then wrapped up into a massive TL redo. If they EVER get around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpet View Post
    The only problem is that new atracations, such as Buzz Lightyear and Star Tours, they might havde used the room for the original track.
    Even if that were true ... Why would that be an obstacle in a massive reconstruction of the land?

Seriously ........ There are two things we need to concern ourselves with:

1. Does the co. have the vision/determination to final give TL it's vastly overdue remake a go?
    2. Will they commit the funds?

^^^^ That's the bottom line!

Everything else is irrelevant.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 03-01-2013 at 12:19 AM.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland_1967 View Post
    Yeah ... that's if they keep the current Tomorrowland and all it's buildings that date 1967 and 1977. But if they ever get that rumored NEW Tomorrowland .. that's been a rumor for 10 years now .... then the PM tracks are then wrapped up into a massive TL redo. If they EVER get around to it.
    Well, they talked about it at D23 back in 2011, the new Tomorow Renovation, that is. After that Fantasy Faire opens, they will probably show their plans for new TL at the Blue Sky Cellar. And you know how Disney always sticks to their plans, no matter how much It costs...

IT ALL COMES DOWN TO MARCH 12!

(I go to TL today, I'll ask a CM if they have any plans for the PM.)

PS: To all of the people who believe that it won't come back, just remember: there were also people who thought the Submarine Voyage wouldn't return. One other thing, at D23, they had BJ ward ( the 2nd voice of the PEOPLEMOVER ), come "remaster" her voice again, and she mentioned how it "hasn't been at Disneyland for oh so many years". Repeat the quoted words again, and tell me what is sounds like. If she wanted to say how long the attraction has been removed, BJ would have said "it's been closed for oh so many years" instead. And besides, who knows, maybe she asked them if the ride she voiced (PM) is coming back when she was in the studio voicing another ride (She has done so many).
    Last edited by PEOPLEMOVED; 03-01-2013 at 06:10 AM.

• Closed Account

I just got an email from Disney, ( and it does not look form-filled )

2/28/2013

Dear Bob,

Thank you for your e-mail to the DISNEYLAND® Resort.

Unfortunately, we have not removed Innoventions and we do not have any
    information on the return of our People Mover.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. We hope you will have the
    opportunity to visit the DISNEYLAND® Resort soon and trust your visit
    will be pleasant in all regards.

Sincerely,

Linda Trump
    DISNEYLAND® Resort
    Guest Experience Services

Please note all information is subject to change without notice and
    should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

Received date: 2/25/13

Original Message Follows:
    ------------------------
    First Day of Visit: 02/17/2013
    Length Of Stay: 1

Hello,
    After hearing about the demolition of Innoventions at Tomorrowland I was
    wondering about what would become of the former PEOPLEMOVER track. I
    know that it is common to "reimagine" rides, as I remembered
    you turned the hardly-visited 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride into the
    crowded Nemo Submarine Voyage attraction (Successful Re-imagining).
    Although the track and the former form of PEOPLEMOVER now violates the
    California OSHA regulations, I was wondering if
    a future PEOPLEMOVER is under consideration at the moment.

Thank You for Your Time,

Bob Warnes

NOW IF YOU'RE WONDERING, my real name is not Bob, or Warnes, sorry Disney
    Last edited by PEOPLEMOVED; 03-01-2013 at 06:40 AM.

• -

Unfortunately, that wouldn't be a credible source of information.
    PS: To all of the people who believe that it won't come back, just remember: there were also people who thought the Submarine Voyage wouldn't return.
    The Submarine Voyage hasn't returned. What we got was a vastly inferior product.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Parking Lot > DCA

Well, they talked about it at D23 back in 2011, the new Tomorow Renovation, that is. After that Fantasy Faire opens, they will probably show their plans for new TL at the Blue Sky Cellar.
    A Tomorrowland renovation doesn't mean the return of the Peoplemover.

And you know how Disney always sticks to their plans, no matter how much It costs...
    Not always the case. Things can always change.

You could ask 3 different Cast Members and get 3 different responses. Unfortunately Cast Members aren't always properly informed, so like calsig31 said, they aren't really a credible source.

PS: To all of the people who believe that it won't come back, just remember: there were also people who thought the Submarine Voyage wouldn't return
    The Submarine Voyage shut down in 1998. Pressler made it clear that a new attraction would be returning. The Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage opened a few years later in 2007. That's a 9 year gap. The Rocket Rods closed in 2001. We've already passed the time it took for the Submarine Voyage to get a replacement. Not to mention we haven't heard official word of anything coming back, like we did with the Submarine Voyage. It's all hearsay.

One other thing, at D23, they had BJ ward ( the 2nd voice of the PEOPLEMOVER ), come "remaster" her voice again, and she mentioned how it "hasn't been at Disneyland for oh so many years". Repeat the quoted words again, and tell me what is sounds like. If she wanted to say how long the attraction has been removed, BJ would have said "it's been closed for oh so many years" instead. And besides, who knows, maybe she asked them if the ride she voiced (PM) is coming back when she was in the studio voicing another ride (She has done so many).
    Again, everything is hearsay until Disney says so officially. Until then, the odds are stacked against the Peoplemover returning.

•   
    • Banned User

I love this response from Linda Trump, intentionally taken out of context:

"Unfortunately, we have not removed Innoventions..."

Yep, unfortunate indeed. Glad she agrees.

That whole business about any ride on the People Mover track never coming back for OSHA reasons makes the most sense of any explanation I've heard so far. I heard rumors about it being structurally unsound but non-OSHA compliant makes so much more sense. Hard to evacuate people in an emergency when the only way out is to jump into the submarine lagoon. ( But wow, would I ever like to do that someday, just to say I did it. )

• Closed Account

Exclamation Re: Peoplemover track

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    A Tomorrowland renovation doesn't mean the return of the Peoplemover.

Not always the case. Things can always change.

You could ask 3 different Cast Members and get 3 different responses. Unfortunately Cast Members aren't always properly informed, so like calsig31 said, they aren't really a credible source.

The Submarine Voyage shut down in 1998. Pressler made it clear that a new attraction would be returning. The Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage opened a few years later in 2007. That's a 9 year gap. The Rocket Rods closed in 2001. We've already passed the time it took for the Submarine Voyage to get a replacement. Not to mention we haven't heard official word of anything coming back, like we did with the Submarine Voyage. It's all hearsay.

Again, everything is hearsay until Disney says so officially. Until then, the odds are stacked against the Peoplemover returning.
    Name:  PEOPLEMOVER_MEME.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  72.9 KB Well, this meme perfectly describes the state of the tracks. Plus, how many people want it back??? It's time Disney actually listens.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Plus, how many people want it back??? It's time Disney actually listens.
    Well, it's easy to say that a lot of people want it back but in reality that isn't going to sway Disney's opinion on bringing it back or not at all. I really want the Skyway back, but I know it's never going to happen.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Well, it's easy to say that a lot of people want it back but in reality that isn't going to sway Disney's opinion on bringing it back or not at all. I really want the Skyway back, but I know it's never going to happen.
    WOAH! There is definately a difference between the PM returning and Skyway coming back! Currently, Skyway is blanketed in OSHA violations; to give one example: Cast Members would have to get cherry-pickers to get guests fromn their gondolas in the case of an emergency, the Matterhorn could come crashing down if they put the holes back in - it goes on and on. Widening the track platform, adding another railing (People may not realize it, but the Peoplemover track already has two stair sets near Autopia), and relaying the original PM track is only 100 million (Yes, it's a lot of $, but the Submarine Voyage reopening was much more; let's not mention the $1 billion DCA renovation). Disney would not look into Skyway, even if it was last resort, and has less chances of returning than Adventure thru Inner Space. In fact, I went to DL yesterday, and saw the faded Skyway station (Yes, it's STILL there), and cosidering it's crumbling state, Disney may come with a wrecking ball to Fantasyland. People miss the Peoplemover, and there are chances of it coming back, in a new color scheme, but in very similar vehicles.

• -

and relaying the original PM track is only 100 million
    Source?
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Parking Lot > DCA

WOAH! There is definately a difference between the PM returning and Skyway coming back! Currently, Skyway is blanketed in OSHA violations; to give one example: Cast Members would have to get cherry-pickers to get guests fromn their gondolas in the case of an emergency
    What's the difference? They are both old classic attractions that fans want back, both have a list of OSHA regulations that would need to be in effect before their return and both require large sums of money to repair and bring them back. The argument that they are different is invalid.

the Matterhorn could come crashing down if they put the holes back in - it goes on and on.
    Quite a large claim.

Widening the track platform, adding another railing (People may not realize it, but the Peoplemover track already has two stair sets near Autopia), and relaying the original PM track is only 100 million
    It's going to take a lot more than widening the track, and adding stairs to make it OSHA compliant. Also, where did the $100 million number come from?

(Yes, it's a lot of $, but the Submarine Voyage reopening was much more; let's not mention the $1 billion DCA renovation).
    Do you have a number/source for the FNSV cost? And DCA's expansion isn't really comparable to bringing back the Peoplemover..

Disney would not look into Skyway, even if it was last resort, and has less chances of returning than Adventure thru Inner Space.
    Or the Peoplemover!

In fact, I went to DL yesterday, and saw the faded Skyway station (Yes, it's STILL there), and cosidering it's crumbling state, Disney may come with a wrecking ball to Fantasyland.
    Yes, it's still there and used as one of the many feeding stations for the cats in the area. Also, it's still strucutally alright aside from cosmetics. Disney won't come with a wrecking ball to Fantasyland anytime soon.

People miss the Peoplemover, and there are chances of it coming back, in a new color scheme, but in very similar vehicles.
    People miss a lot of things that used to be at Disneyland. Doesn't extend any chances of it coming back.

• Artistic integrity

PEOPLEMOVED .... the fact you wrote that email to Disney is the best thing you can do.

Disneyland management is not going to know how interested and passionate the public is over the Peoplemover UNLESS THEY ARE TOLD THROUGH SOME MEANS - BE IT, AN EMAIL OR WRITTEN LETTER.

So ... THANK YOU! for writing it.

I'm just as passionate over this matter as you are!

And I think the best you can do ... is to ENCOURAGE others to email and write letters.

A FACEBOOK page .. would help. A dedicated website would help. A blog. A video on Youtube .. .and all these places with necessary "tags" to be easily found in an easy google search. Such as "Peoplemover" - "Disneyland" "Anaheim".

The main thing ... the word needs to get out to EVERYONE interested .... and contact Disneyland Management!

If people think just simply posting a thread on this website .. or other sites similar to Micechat is going to do it .... forget it.

This has to be a concentrated effort .. where we can really make an impact ... Really make a difference!

So for now ..... I'll say it again (and I will continue in the future) -

This is not just to Micechat Posters .... but to the anonymous "guests" as well ............

You want to see some sort of a replacement for the '67 Peoplemover?

Start with letting this guy know, via .. a written letter:

Michael A. Colglazier
    Disneyland Resort President
    Team Disney Anaheim
    700 W Ball Rd
    Anaheim, CA 92802
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 03-02-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast