Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Re: Peoplemover track

I'm all for a well-founded show of support for a revitalizing of TL in any form, I suppose a written campaign is a good way to start.

However, I can think of one caveat, as it were.

I seem to remember reading something about a case of a guest having written in to DL Public Relations with a suggestion for a certain area of the park (don't remember the specifics here) and when the park actually went ahead and did something similar to her suggestion a few years later, this guest sued the park on the grounds that they took her idea and implemented it without paying her a consulting fee. This prompted Disney to ignore guest suggestions or safeguard themselves against this occurring again, or something along that line.

Does anyone else remember reading this somewhere?

In the meantime, I think I may get started on a nice letter to Mr. Colglazier.

I don't care if they use guest suggestions as long as something gets done. The whole area is an eyesore. I want to demolish everything from Innoventions to Autotopia including the subs and put STAR WARS LAND there. It could be so awesome and will stand the test of time. The fact that a new Star Wars movie will come out in 2015 will reignite the passion young and old have for Star Wars for years to come.

• Closed Account

Inside the PEOPLEMOVER station's elevator.

Question Re: Peoplemover track

Is something else landing @ TomorrowLanding? They are removing the store's signage! Name:  RSCN0868.JPG
Views: 215
Size:  142.0 KB Former:Name:  DSCN0863.JPG
Views: 214
Size:  175.2 KB
    Last edited by PEOPLEMOVED; 03-03-2013 at 09:37 AM.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Those two photos show both signage and no signage. Typically they don't take down signage and keep the store open if they are putting something new in, so they probably are just giving the sign some TLC...
    No, TomorrowLanding's dead, I took pictures at TL today since my Friday visit; within the two days, this has happened! Yes, it is very sad (Didn't we all get our Mickey-hats from there?), but look to the FUTURE where PEOPLEMOVER 2.0s zoom through Tomorrowland and approach the new Lightspeed Lounge / PM station at Star Tours, offering quick access to both SM and ST. It will be a FUTURE powered by the PEOPLEMOVER, presented by GOODYEAR.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by PEOPLEMOVED; 03-03-2013 at 01:28 PM.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by PEOPLEMOVED View Post
    No, I've killed the thread! Why, TomorrowLanding, why!!!
    Those two photos show both signage and no signage. Typically they don't take down signage and keep the store open if they are putting something new in, so they probably are just giving the sign some TLC.

They need to replace the Peoplemover track, not bulldoze/get rid of it. It adds a necessary sense of a verticality to the land. I say they take down the current concrete/plaster beams and track and replace it with a hybrid of tubular steel and metallic textures that happens to coincide with OSHA's latest regulations.

Then just replace it with, wait for it, the Peoplemover. Not the Rocket-rods; not some ill-working, overly-complex thrill-ride that breaks down every 45 minutes. Just make the old Peoplemover with new technology and new visual design. Make a high-capacity, slow-moving omni-mover ride that takes you on a tour of Tomorrowland. That's what made the Peoplemover (and the TTA) so great. It's a comfortable, simple, relaxing ride.

• Closed Account

`
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by PEOPLEMOVED; 03-03-2013 at 04:00 PM.

• Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by B2D View Post
    I seem to remember reading something about a case of a guest having written in to DL Public Relations with a suggestion for a certain area of the park (don't remember the specifics here) and when the park actually went ahead and did something similar to her suggestion a few years later, this guest sued the park on the grounds that they took her idea and implemented it without paying her a consulting fee. This prompted Disney to ignore guest suggestions or safeguard themselves against this occurring again, or something along that line.
    That is why I said - Don't mention ANY SPECIFIC IDEA!

How is it an "Idea" to ask - "Please return the Peoplemover in some form" ?

That would be like claiming the return of Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln in 1975 (which was done by letter writing campaign) an "Idea".

A letter should not discuss - What kind. How fast. How slow. How it looks. What kind of capacity. If it has any "tricks" to it. Which direction it travels, etc, etc, etc.

Your job is to simply ask them to return it .... and leave it to them .... what specifically it should be.

But if you do decide to get specific with an IDEA ... then it becomes an Idea Submission ... and not a Letter Campaign Asking for A Return in Some Form - And Leaving WDI To Coming Up With A SPECIFIC Plan.

(I'm starting to get frustrated repeating myself. I can't be more clearer on the obvious difference between Idea Submissions and a letter writing campaign, asking for the return of a ride - and leaving it to THEM to make the creative decisions to it's exact design. )

(In fact .. I don't know why Micechat encourages "IDEA" topics - Just to get hopes up on people's specific ideas - When it's quite clear ... Disney stays away from Website Discussion Board "ideas" from fans .. with a 100 mile pole ... to stay clear of lawsuits.)

(My little-o suggestion to Micechat - remove "Idea" from the topic header list ... and just leave it to "chat")
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 03-03-2013 at 02:38 PM.

• Parking Lot > DCA

No, TomorrowLanding's dead, I took pictures at TL today since my Friday visit; within the two days, this has happened! Yes, it is very sad (Didn't we all get our Mickey-hats from there?), but look to the FUTURE where PEOPLEMOVER 2.0s zoom through Tomorrowland and approach the new Lightspeed Lounge / PM station at Star Tours, offering quick access to both SM and ST. It will be a FUTURE powered by the PEOPLEMOVER, presented by GOODYEAR.
    So, a store goes down for rehab during the off season and we assume it's a sign pointing towards the Peoplemover coming back? I need some sort of hard evidence to back these claims. Until then it's business as usual..

• Closed Account

Wink Re: Peoplemover track

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    So, a store goes down for rehab during the off season and we assume it's a sign pointing towards the Peoplemover coming back? I need some sort of hard evidence to back these claims. Until then it's business as usual..
    Ah, but we don't assume, we ask Imagineers when we are taking pictures of the construction from the second level of Innoventions, that's what we do. I talked to this woman who is on the team for re-imagining the PM, she said that much of the progress is confidential, however, she hinted that there will be the same vehicles (never said anything about the color scheme), Goodyear will be supporting the tires (Good Timing ), and there will be two new stations, one in Star Tours (construction starting late summer), but the other not exposed. I think that the evidence couldn't get any harder, if you don't think so, talk to Imagineer Kim ********, (She never exposed last name, mystery woman).

(Cue Peoplemover Music! It's comin' back!)
    Last edited by PEOPLEMOVED; 03-03-2013 at 04:09 PM.

• Closed Account

Explodingboy, dubbed by such a name, have you forgotten 1967, when the fabulous Peoplemover opened, and people trusted WED Enterprises, now the WD Imagineering, because they perfected Tomorrowland, and showed to their well-dressed guests the potential of the land. The time is now, on a renovation similar to the one you have just witnessed. Right now, you are looking at the removal of a typical Disney hat store well into it's heyday. So step inside, if you dare, into the Peoplemover Zone.
    Last edited by PEOPLEMOVED; 03-04-2013 at 06:41 AM.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Ah, we don't assume, we ask Imagineers when we are taking pictures of the construction from the second level of Innoventions, that's what we do. I talked to this woman who is on the team for re-imagining the PM, she said that much of the progress is confidential, however, she hinted that there will be the same vehicles (never said anything about the color scheme), Goodyear will be supporting the tires (Good Timing ), and there will be two new stations, one in Star Tours (construction starting late summer), but the other not exposed. I think that the evidence couldn't get any harder, if you don't think so, talk to Imagineer Kim ********, (She never exposed last name, mystery woman).

(Cue Peoplemover Music! It's comin' back!)
    Anecdotal evidence..

I talked to this man who is on the team for the removal of the PM, he said that much of the progress isn't confidential, however, he hinted that the track will get removed, Goodyear will not be supporting the ride, and there will not be two new stations, definitely not one in Star Tours. I think that the evidence couldn't get any harder, if you don't think so, talk to Imagineer Jim ********.

Do you see why anecdotal evidence isn't actually evidence?

• Artistic integrity

^^^
    Aside from that point ..........

If any of this were true ..... It would be ALL OVER the net.

Not only would Al Lutz be reporting it .... But just about anybody out there who is a columnist to any number of other websites similar to Micechat - I'm a member of three other big ones ... aside from Micechat ... None of them are reporting any of this.

The most current rumor of any substance ... Is Al's words as .... Carsland is proving .. that by redoing the entire land .. rather than piecemeal ... will give Disney a bigger return.

So ... whatever plans there are for Tomorrowland for the future ..... They aren't going to be filtering to the many Disneyland Fan sites/blogs for a while.

I wish it was now. But it isn't.

The most that's going on behind closed doors ... Is they are deliberating this issue .. about what to do. It's not just about the Peoplemover. It's the entire land. A project of such magnitude ... it's worth repeating - "Rome was not built in a day."

Meanwhile ... a small shop in the center of the land, gets a refurbishment.
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 03-03-2013 at 04:47 PM.

• Minion

Wow!

The PeopleMover is not coming back.

End of story. Sorry guys.

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Wow!

The PeopleMover is not coming back.

End of story. Sorry guys.
    And??? We are discussing weather Peoplemover fans will be able to: http://www.boomerang2.com/profile/pe...veRFWSERFG.jpg
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 03-04-2013 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Hotlinked image

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast