Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

• Closed Account

Inside the PEOPLEMOVER station's elevator.

Re: Peoplemover track

Well, everyone reading this post should be contacting Disneyland, here is the URL:https://disneyland.disney.go.com/help/email/
    Last edited by PEOPLEMOVED; 03-04-2013 at 08:17 AM.

• Closed Account

Oh, my gosh. Look at this snippet of the WDW Peoplemover Attraction: The attraction—originally called the WEDWay PeopleMover—opened on July 1, 1975 and is based on the PeopleMover at Disneyland park. What does this mean???

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PEOPLEMOVED View Post
    WHAT? I just sent them an email saying those exact words – I want the return of the Peoplemover in some new fashion. In fact I sent three of them, and said my name was Carla Stanford, and then Robert Smith!
    I don't understand why someone wanting to convince Disney to reopen a ride would spam Disney's email with bogus authors, and then boast about it on a popular fan forum that Disney is known to read.

Like phony signatures on petitions, phony emails are a good way to get Disney to disregard all "bring back the PeopleMover" emails.
    Last edited by Mr Wiggins; 03-04-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Closed Account

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Disney View Post
    The Peoplemover threads will never be abandoned as long as there aren't any Peoplemovers on the old track.

LOL that's pretty much my thought. I'm not gonna give it a rest or let it go until the PeopleMover is restored or a suitable replacement is built.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    I don't understand why someone wanting to convince Disney to reopen a ride would spam Disney's email with bogus authors, and then boast about it on a popular fan forum that Disney is known to read.

Like phony signatures on petitions, phony emails are a good way to get Disney to disregard all "bring back the PeopleMover" emails.
    Yeah, that seems rather counterproductive to me.

Of note... I was at the park today picking up a gift and I hopped on the Monorail to get to DTD. A family of three was sitting in front of me, the daughter maybe 11 or 12 and obviously her first time. The Mom and Dad hadn't been in a while.

The daughter looked at the PM track and said, "That goes all the way around Tomorrowland, that looks fun, let's ride that!" The parents collectively made comments like,

"I think that's been broken for a long time now."
    "I can't remember when I've ever seen it working."
    "Didn't they have some kind of fast car on it that took off from over there?"
    "It looks abandoned, there's leaves and crud all over the track."

... TDA, I hope you're reading this.

• Sock Puppet

I look at the tracks today, and to be honest, they already have the safety rails installed, even if they're almost 50 years old. All they really need to do is repaint the rails white, add the signature PeopleMover tracks, add a few staircases, bring back those original PeopleMover vehicles, re-route the track back to the original route of the people mover (Rocket Rods featured a different track between Star Tours and Space Mountain" and WDI has brought the PeopleMover back to life!

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by boatsofdl View Post
    I look at the tracks today, and to be honest, they already have the safety rails installed, even if they're almost 50 years old. All they really need to do is repaint the rails white, add the signature PeopleMover tracks, add a few staircases, bring back those original PeopleMover vehicles, re-route the track back to the original route of the people mover (Rocket Rods featured a different track between Star Tours and Space Mountain" and WDI has brought the PeopleMover back to life!
    There are safety rails in some areas but I think OSHA needs PM to have safety rails throughout the entire track (and on both sides) to be up to code if it's similar to the Alice in Wonderland situation. Looking at videos of the old PM, to be honest I would not feel comfortable riding such an attraction today with so much open air track like that. I prefer the design and look of Magic Kingdom's TTA anyway.

I do think that Astro Orbitor needs to be put back on top of the loading station where it belongs. At the very least, they could manage this.

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Looking at videos of the old PM, to be honest I would not feel comfortable riding such an attraction today with so much open air track like that.
    can i ask what about it makes you feel uncomfortable? i don't recall ever feeling that way. in its thirty year run, the only two major accidents to happen on the ride were from teens misbehaving.

• World of Color

Quote Originally Posted by thedustycoyote View Post
    can i ask what about it makes you feel uncomfortable? i don't recall ever feeling that way. in its thirty year run, the only two major accidents to happen on the ride were from teens misbehaving.
    In this day of age, I think they would be more "accidents" like this by stupid people trying to be stupid.

• Master of Disaster

Wall-E ride, individual "doom buggy" style seats, with a walk through at the end to finish the ride(part of the storyline where you have to get up and walk, hahaha)

Osha smosha,

When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.

― Henry Ford

"Don't find fault, find a remedy."
    --Henry Ford

Name:  zagato_peoplemover_4_09.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  20.1 KB
    Name:  zagato_peoplemover_2_09.jpg
Size:  20.4 KB
    Name:  zagato_peoplemover_5_09.jpg
Size:  31.4 KB

^^ I hope they would use this idea and I wish for a PM type ride replacement. But unfortunately, in the two most recent Miceage articles, it looks like they are going with a Tron Lightcyle themed replacement or at least using the ride system from Shanghai.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678