Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Red Face Peoplemover track

Are they ever going to tear down the peoplemover track? Of course I would prefer them to fix the old peoplemover, but from that I've heard on here that isn't going to happen. If this is the case, I would rather them tear down the track because it's just a big tease right now. It looks cool and just taunts you about the right that was once there that is never coming back. Let's just tear it down so we can move on. Every time I see the unused track it just upsets me, I would rather it just be gone if they won't bring back the ride. Your thoughts?

Re: Peoplemover track

Yeah, I totally agree. I don't thing they're planning to tear them down any time soon, though. Disney has a bad habit of abandoning their unused/closed properties and leaving them to rot (I.E. River Country).
    "Lemme outta here!"

Avatar from Ghost Relations Department and sig pic from Pure Imagineering

Be sure to visit xfoolishmortalx.tumblr.com!

• Mostly Harmless.

Isn't there a rumor of a major tomorrowland refurb floating about somewhere?
    He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
    follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
    DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

• the rum is always gone

I do agree that the PeopleMover track should be torn down since it is completely unused. However, in tearing down the track, that means that ST, SM, Innovations, Autopia, FNSV, Monorail, and BLAB will all have to be closed down while the track is being removed (since the track runs over, through or near all of these attractions).

Not to mention the high cost associated with tearing it down.

Hopefully when they re-do the entirety of Tomorrowland, that they tear down the track at that point.

• film975

Quote Originally Posted by Coastierox View Post
    Isn't there a rumor of a major tomorrowland refurb floating about somewhere?
    Yep. There is such a rumor. What I heard is that the buildings are gonna be given a makeover to give Tomorrowland a new overlying theme. If this rumor turns out to be true, then it would be the perfect oppertunity to bring the PeopleMover back in some form.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by notlemc View Post
    However, in tearing down the track, that means that ST, SM, Innovations, Autopia, FNSV, Monorail, and BLAB will all have to be closed down while the track is being removed (since the track runs over, through or near all of these attractions).
    Actually, they wouldn't have to do anything with the indoor portions of the ride since they are not visible.

The outdoor portions could be done overnight one section at a time. Any ride closures would be minimal.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I've heard a portion was removed during the Star Tours/Star Trader refurb a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
    I've heard a portion was removed during the Star Tours/Star Trader refurb a few years ago.
    That sounds crazy

Quote Originally Posted by JediPrincess View Post
    Are they ever going to tear down the peoplemover track? Of course I would prefer them to fix the old peoplemover, but from that I've heard on here that isn't going to happen. If this is the case, I would rather them tear down the track because it's just a big tease right now. It looks cool and just taunts you about the right that was once there that is never coming back. Let's just tear it down so we can move on. Every time I see the unused track it just upsets me, I would rather it just be gone if they won't bring back the ride. Your thoughts?
    This is pretty much my exact sentiment.

I hear that significant portions of the indoor track are used for storage, but haven't seen that confirmed anywhere.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

I say fix and actucaly do Rocket Rods right. banked turns and everything.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Long live the Fire Lord

Quote Originally Posted by brianpinsky View Post
    I say fix and actucaly do Rocket Rods right. banked turns and everything.
    I heard OSHA won't let them bring back either ride without widening the track
    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

• No Disassemble!

And we can't even go back to it being a slow moving futuristic transit concept.. why??
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• DL Vistor Since 1968

And we can't even go back to it being a slow moving futuristic transit concept.. why??
    I agree! I think Disney needs to take a BOLD move here. The 1967 version of Tomorrowland was inspiring, partly due to all of the kinetic energy that flowed through the land. The PeopleMover was the circulatory system; now the circulation has been cut-off and the vitality has been drained.

• The High 5 & Waving Goth

How about a LIM train that goes around Tomorrowland? A LIM train with banked turns so if it speeds up, it won't feel like a rough ride.

Linear induction motor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think it would combine the best of a travel/thrill attraction.

Of course, I'm waiting for Disney to announce their "big secret" about Tomorrowland.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybirdman View Post
    I heard OSHA won't let them bring back either ride without widening the track
    It's actually the lack of emergency egresses that would need to be addressed.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast