Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Confiscated Items: What does Disneyland do with the items ?

I was entering the park the other day when I witnessed a Cast Member stop a guest from going in because of an item the guest was wearing. The cast member adamantly told the guest they could not bring the item into the park. The cast member told the guest the item could be surrendered there but the guest would not get the item back.

That set me to wondering, what does the park do with the items that are confiscated ?

• Roller coaster enthusiast

Re: Confiscated Items: What does Disneyland do with the items ?

I'm not shure what DL does, but usually WDW will say you can go back to your car and leave it there or surrender it and pick it up at the end of the day when you leave.
    Current coaster count: 155
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Fun Spot America

• aka 'KiMcHeE'

If I remember correctly, you have the option of bringing the item back to your car or throw it out in the trash that are conveniently next to the bagcheck area.

And just out of curiosity, what was the person wearing that they couldn't bring in?

Quote Originally Posted by KiMcHeEfOrLiFe View Post
    If I remember correctly, you have the option of bringing the item back to your car or throw it out in the trash that are conveniently next to the bagcheck area.

And just out of curiosity, what was the person wearing that they couldn't bring in?
    "ALLLLLLRIGHTY THEN!"

Avatar from Ghost Relations Department

• Under that tree again!

Lost and Found items get donated. I imagine if you have to surrender something it could get donated if proper to do so.

• -

Any valuables are kept by the people working the security checkpoints except for alcohol and drugs which get distributed to ride operators at the start of their shifts.
    Last edited by calsig31; 02-12-2013 at 01:26 PM.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Any valuables are kept by the people working the security checkpoints except for alcohol and drugs which get distributed to ride operators at the start of their shifts.
    ok at first I was like then went...oh ok a joke......

The item was a multi-tool in a leather pouch on the belt of a guest. He was a middle aged man. If I had to guess, he was an off duty law enforcement officer.

The small female castmember immediately called over another cast member who was male and much taller and bigger than the guest. The female castmember proceeded to tell the second castmember that the guest was attempting to enter the park with a knife. The second castmember looked the guest over and shrugged his shoulders.

The guest turned and walked away from the entrance. This was at the DCA/GCH entrance near Napa Rose.

I once left a pair of scissors in a backpack I took on a Disneyland trip. Didn't even know it was there but a cast member found it and told me to put it back in my car or throw it away!! It was a pair of those blunt edge school scissors! I asked if I could hide them in a planter but that made him even more irritated... So I just tossed them out (they werent worth being late to a show). In hindsight, I could have just placed them in my BF's pocket and snuck em in.

• Not on the Jedi Council

My guess would be that the park tosses said items, rather than risk CMs being accused of selecting items to take home. (And let me be clear, I am not accusing anyone of anything, just stating that to be lawyer proof, the park would make 100% certain that neither the park nor the CMs could be accused of anything.)

Unclaimed items are either sold or given to charity.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Brother made the mistake of having his pocket knife on hm while walking up to Disneyland (after spending the entire morning in DCA) and had an undercover security guard come up to him and ask him for it. Brother was bummed (It was a gift from my old man) but he understood the guy was just doing his job.

I wonder if he can attempt to get it back...

• Disneyland 19 year APH

If some times the hold it at the DtD police station and send it back to you like a lost item would.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

In my junk drawer somewhere I've got a little pocket knife with a Disneyland logo on it that I bought as a kid in the 60's.
    I'm guessing they don't sell those at the park anymore :-)

what? those guys actually find stuff? Geez was it labeled bio-hazard with blinking lights?

My experience has been that it's a joke, unless you only want a visual deterrent. I won't say what my "friends" have brought in, but unless they step it up to TSA level, or even just Magic Mtn level, they should just get rid of it. It's a waste of time. Let Parking transportation stop the coolers as the 1st line, then turnstile CMs. Cooler's are the 'real' threat given the payload size. We've all see Die Hard and know where to hide bad things.

As a Male (no purse) AP w/o any bags, where the hell is the no bag express line? Coming from the west is a nightmare, same for east on weekends.

Can a CM chime in and tell us what the hell are they looking for? Because if it's anything I can imagine, I can also imagine where I can hide it 100% of the time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast