Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 55
  1. #1

    • Wished I lived closer!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Posts
    80

    Things you should do at least once in Disneyland

    My family and extended family are headed to DL in June. I have been to the parks a handful of times over the years and there are still a few things I have yet to do that I really would like to try out this time around. On our last visit I finally saw Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln and rode the Casey Jr. Circus Train... both of which I can cross off the list and don't feel like I need to do again. The only thing I can think of is the canoes which I have already warned my kids we WILL be doing. Just recently I learned there is a Library in the Animation Building in DCA? What other gems am I missing? Does anyone have any favorite lesser known attractions they would like to share? Anything that you should "at least do once?"

  2. #2

    • Mmmm...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    61

    Re: Things you should do at least once in Disneyland

    Drink a mint julep!
    Team Captain
    No Time for Snack Bar
    Go ahead, wait in line for that Pineapple Whip. I won't stop you.

  3. #3

    • Pooloo See Bagoomba
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    430

    Re: Things you should do at least once in Disneyland

    Well according the stupidest experience with the GP thread, you must have an outside the bathroom pee adventure.



    Tiki Maynard, at least once.

  4. #4

    • Mmmm...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    61

    Re: Things you should do at least once in Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by humphreybear62 View Post
    Well according the stupidest experience with the GP thread, you must have an outside the bathroom pee adventure.

    Well, yeah! That mint julep has to go somewhere!
    Team Captain
    No Time for Snack Bar
    Go ahead, wait in line for that Pineapple Whip. I won't stop you.

  5. #5

    • Filmmaker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    West Jordan, UT
    Posts
    285

    Re: Things you should do at least once in Disneyland

    -Ride one of the Main Street Vechicles (take your pick)
    -Have a Dole Whip while watching The Enchanted Tiki Room
    -Try to translate the Maraglyphs in The Temple of the Forbidden Eye
    -Stop to watch The Bootstrappers perform (the Pirate Band in New Orleans Square)
    -Find the out of the way path that lets you see Splash Mountain riders post-splash down
    -Ride Splash Mountain during the fireworks show
    -Find the Graveyard on Tom Sawyer's Island
    -See Billy Hill and the Hillbillies play at The Golden Horseshoe
    -Ride the Red Car from Buena Vista Street to Tower of Terror
    -Check out everything in the Disney Animation building (Animation Academy, Turtle Talk with Crush, and Sorcerer's Workshop)
    -Listen for the lost little girl behind the chalk outline in the second level of the Tower of Terror queue
    -See Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular
    -Watch as the lights come on in the evening in Cars Land
    -Work together with your partner in Toy Story Midway Mania to unlock the bonus point easter eggs
    -Stop to watch people get soaked (or not) by the geyser at the end of Grizzly River Run

    And, of course, every attraction is worth seeing at least once, even the ones people tend to look down on.
    Last edited by Illusion0fLife; 02-12-2013 at 02:39 PM.

  6. #6

    • Wished I lived closer!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Posts
    80

    Re: Things you should do at least once in Disneyland

    I will try and do this, for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by humphreybear62 View Post
    Well according the stupidest experience with the GP thread, you must have an outside the bathroom pee adventure.



    Tiki Maynard, at least once.

  7. #7

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Notre Dame
    Posts
    2,380

    Re: Things you should do at least once in Disneyland

    I highly recommend the Tiki Room on crowded days.

  8. #8

    • Wished I lived closer!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Outside Seattle
    Posts
    80

    Re: Things you should do at least once in Disneyland

    Love these! I can't believe I forgot about the cars on Main Street...I have never done those. I have had a Dole Whip and (gulp) didn't like it...I know, I know...I think I might be the only one. And I have seen Aladdin. The rest I will try and achieve! Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    -Ride one of the Main Street Vechicles (take your pick)
    -Have a Dole Whip while watching The Enchanted Tiki Room
    -Try to translate the Maraglyphs in The Temple of the Forbidden Eye
    -Stop to watch The Bootstrappers perform (the Pirate Band in New Orleans Square)
    -Find the out of the way path that lets you see Splash Mountain riders post-splash down
    -Ride Splash Mountain during the fireworks show
    -Find the Graveyard on Tom Sawyer's Island
    -See Billy Hill and the Hillbillies play at The Golden Horseshoe
    -Ride the Red Car from Buena Vista Street to Tower of Terror
    -Check out everything in the Disney Animation building (Animation Academy, Turtle Talk with Crush, and Sorcerer's Workshop)
    -Listen for the lost little girl behind the chalk outline in the second level of the Tower of Terror queue
    -See Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular
    -Watch as the lights come on in the evening in Cars Land
    -Work together with your partner in Toy Story Midway Mania to unlock the bonus point easter eggs
    -Stop to watch people get soaked (or not) by the geyser at the end of Grizzly River Run

    And, of course, every attraction is worth seeing at least once, even the ones people tend to look down on.

  9. #9

    • Sugar & Spice
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pirate Island
    Posts
    1,173
    Blog Entries
    48

    Re: Things you should do at least once in Disneyland

    Grab a Mint Julep and some beignets, a seat on a bench at the fountain in New Orleans Square and soak in the sights and sounds, I've always loved that spot because of the atmosphere... and the close proximity to the Haunted Mansion and the Mint Julep bar.

    Enjoy your day!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

    I AM THE REBEL SPY.



  10. #10

    • formerly very helpful
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,302

    Re: Things you should do at least once in Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by humphreybear62 View Post
    Well according the stupidest experience with the GP thread, you must have an outside the bathroom pee adventure.



    Tiki Maynard, at least once.
    I hope you didn't mean to pee on Tiki Maynard.

    I will add visit the Disney Gallery on Mainstreet, see Shrunken Ned in Adventureland, have lunch overlooking the water at Hungry Bear Restaurant.

  11. #11

    • Still Dizzy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    533

    Re: Things you should do at least once in Disneyland

    Check out the Toy Story Zoetrope at the Animation Building. It never fails to impress and every newbie I've ever seen watch it lets out a gasp of awe when it gets going.

    Throw a coin in Snow White's Wishing Well and stay to listen to her sing.

    See the evil queen come out from behind her window above Snow White's Scary Adventures.

  12. #12

    • formerly very helpful
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    4,302

    Re: Things you should do at least once in Disneyland

    Hey, grab that apple at Snow White's Scary Adventures, too.

  13. #13

    • Lurker
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by joannaorange:1056917341
    I have had a Dole Whip and (gulp) didn't like it...I know, I know...I think I might be the only one.
    Don't worry, you're not the only one. I don't like pineapple, so I let other people enjoy the Dole Whip.

  14. #14

    • Pooloo See Bagoomba
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    430

    Re: Things you should do at least once in Disneyland

    Quote Originally Posted by CupcakeTerror View Post
    Grab a Mint Julep and some beignets, a seat on a bench at the fountain in New Orleans Square and soak in the sights and sounds, I've always loved that spot because of the atmosphere... and the close proximity to the Haunted Mansion and the Mint Julep bar.

    Enjoy your day!
    I'm a rope drop type of Disneyland visitor and you've described a typical morning. Coffee, beignets and New Orleans Square. Great way to start the day. Of course you wear powdered sugar all over your shirt the rest of the day.

    Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    I hope you didn't mean to pee on Tiki Maynard.
    No no no. Don't anger the Tiki Gods and Goddesses.

  15. #15

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    166
    Mmm, gotta have a Dole Whip. And don't forget to visit city hall for your free button!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [News] Christmas Parade - Things You Should Know!
    By Coolspike9 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 10:20 AM
  2. Things You Should Remember About HP:HBP Before Reading HP:DH
    By WRDup in forum Disney and Industry Theatrical, Music and Publishing Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-23-2007, 05:17 AM
  3. 50 things women should know...
    By ah schucks in forum Lost Boys
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 07-03-2005, 11:51 AM
  4. The things you overhear...
    By NeverNeverland in forum Gibson Girls
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 02:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •