Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Queen Elsa

Re: Are The Princess Hair/Dress Makeovers Going To Be Permanent?

You mean beautiful dress. I perfure the new ones over the old ones. Also if you think about it Ariel never had a teal dress in the movie it was either pink which her teal dress padden is made from or the black and blue dress she had. So you should be complaing about Disney give Ariel that teal dress.

• Disney Obsessed

I'm just bummed Ariel's dress isn't pink. She doesn't wear a sea-foam green dress in the movie at all... though the color looks better on her... Oh well.

---Captain hook we clearly think alike ---
    Last edited by CSei2011; 02-13-2013 at 11:04 AM.

• Minion

Overall I'm okay with the new looks (the dresses are nice), but there are little details in there that REALLY bug me...the biggest offense to me is Belle's hair. Yeah, it looks "pretty", but it is so far removed from her movie hair, I have no idea why they made such a drastic change (Belle does not have thick, luxurious curly hair!!). I also don't like how they slipped Snow White's bow off to the side (seriously?) or that little flyaway piece of hair on Jasmine. Also, Mulan and Pocahontas...what? I really hope they don't make Mulan wear that gold thing in the parks or give Pocahontas those ridiculous feather earrings.

By the way, I think they give Ariel a sea foam green dress in the parks and merchandise because in reality red hair with pink clothes is a bad color combination, and they're trying to "fix" the mistake that the movie made. Not saying it's right, but there ya go.

• Minion

I like the new Cinderella costume, but imo the Belle costume is way too light and not yellow enough.

• Minion

ORWEN: I agree with you, Susan Hughes. The Disney characters should always look as much like their animated counterparts as possible. That way they are easier for people to recognize. I never did like the dress Ariel wore. She should be wearing the pink and white dress she wore in the movie. (Actually, I like Ariel best when she's a mermaid.) All these attempts to modernize their looks destroys character integrity and that just stinks.

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    .the biggest offense to me is Belle's hair. Yeah, it looks "pretty", but it is so far removed from her movie hair, I have no idea why they made such a drastic change (Belle does not have thick, luxurious curly hair!!).
    This. It doesn't look like Belle anymore, but someone else dressed up as Belle. Of course, I may be too picky, since I would also prefer Cinderella's dress to be the actual silver from the movie, rather than the blue it has been marketed as.

All in all, the changes are permanent....as long as they are popular.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

• Selfie Expert

In the Cinderella I saw, the fairy godmother mentioned something about matching her eyes when she made the dress, which would mean the dress is blue. Did I hear it wrong?

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Disgruntled Former CM

Every decade or so, the 'Powers That Be' decide to 'update' the princesses: hair, make-up, and costumes. Many other characters have undergone similar 'updates' throughout the years as well: Maleficent, the Mad Hatter, the Dwarfs (I remember when the heads were HUGE and the CM's head was up inside the oversized hat...), etc.

Disney tries to keep the face characters looking 'fresh' for every-younger audiences. I understand what (and why) they are attempting to do, but personally I liked the prior looks of Cinderella and Belle, and the "new 'do's" will take some getting used to...
    "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

• Fastest Man Alive

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    In the Cinderella I saw, the fairy godmother mentioned something about matching her eyes when she made the dress, which would mean the dress is blue. Did I hear it wrong?
    You heard it right, but it is was more going along with going along with her eyes. The silver has been changed to blue so it doesn't resemble so much a wedding dress anymore. They re-colored it in the Platinum Edition of the movie, but it has been restored on the new Diamond Edition version. Sort of like how Cinderella has more orangish colored hair and more of a strawberry-blonde rather than the straight blonde she is usually walking around in.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12