• Minion

Solution for the night time parties

Why not tear down Stage 12 and turn it and some of the surrounding area into a large 1930's/40's open air plaza? This plaza could be used for many purposes such as the night time parties, the performing arts that they usually house on the Hollywood back lot stage, and other events. This would also allow for the removal of the Hollywood back lot stage to free up more space in that area which can often be hard to navigate through. the plaza would have lights, projectors,fog etc built on top and into the walls similar to the parade lights and machinery. the inside would have period decorations and a center stage. During the daytime (or when the parties are under refurbishment) a band playing golden age hits would play on the stage as well as small shows with characters from that period or characters made in that period. The night time parties would now be themed with general period themes or properties that are themed around or came from that era. The decorations for the IP themed properties would be reminicent of 1930's decor.

• Under that tree again!

Re: Solution for the night time parties

It sounds good. I would like to see it get period themeing.

I do worry as it hosts these night shows that they would put in something very permanent like the current "temporary" stages.

• Still lost in Neverland

It would be the perfect place for the Swing Dancers. Friday and Saturday nights would be in perfect period and would solve the problem since the stage that they were using is now part of Fantasy Fair and not going to be used for Swing Dancing anymore. Just an idea.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    It sounds good. I would like to see it get period themeing.

I do worry as it hosts these night shows that they would put in something very permanent like the current "temporary" stages.
    Yea that stage is a little too colorful. Maybe if the made it more ornate like the film it would look better.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    It would be the perfect place for the Swing Dancers. Friday and Saturday nights would be in perfect period and would solve the problem since the stage that they were using is now part of Fantasy Fair and not going to be used for Swing Dancing anymore. Just an idea.
    That would fit right in. The area could almost be DCA's CPG...besides the electronic music lol.

• formerly very helpful

Theme it to a USO event.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by sbk1234 View Post
    Theme it to a USO event.
    They could do the skit with the dancing girls where Captain America knocks out Hitler.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Filmmaker

Personally, I would rather see these type of night time dance parties held outside of the parks and have some kind of venue set up in Downtown Disney. I know that these draw a fair bit of revenue for Disney, but I don't like the way it clashes with the theming and leaves a lot of ugly infrastructure scattered over the backlot that has no use during the day.

Even tucking it away in that back corner I don't think would be an ideal solution. I would rather see them use that space for a new attraction.

As part of a complete update with full themeing in Hollywoodland, I like it!
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.