Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Club 33 Membership Changes, Part 2

Welcome to the continuation of the discussion of changes to Club 33 memberships.

This thread has been rebooted here in the hopes all who participate will do so with respect
    for both the other members in this thread, and for this site's rules. Those who continue to
    craft their postings outside of those rules will be removed from this conversation.
    Please do not create any additional similar threads.

Thanks for your understanding and your follow through.
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

Re: Club 33 Membership Changes, Part 2

Welcome all to the continued discussion of Club 33 changes. Although the original thread contained some very "heated" discussions outside the norm for MiceChat, it contains some very valuable information. I'm glad that thread was closed (as is) and not edited by moderators after the fact, and might serve as a partial record this transitional period for Club 33.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMaxx View Post
    ...This thread has been rebooted...
    I described the changes in 2012 as a reboot of Club 33, so it is ironic that the discussion of the reboot has required a reboot.

• Rock Star Minion

Meh.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

So, bottom line, if I want to be a member of club 33, what is the process? What will it cost, how long will I have to wait, and what perks will I receive for the cost and wait?
    397 or 406 miles too far from DLR, depending on who you ask...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bummerkit View Post
    So, bottom line, if I want to be a member of club 33, what is the process? What will it cost, how long will I have to wait, and what perks will I receive for the cost and wait?
    CURRENTLY - Initiation fee is around $25K, first years dues are $11K. How long? It is unknown. I have friends who were put on the list in May, and are still waiting.

What it includes - 4 Premier Annual passes (Disneyland and WDW.) Includes the standard AP discounts. 5 VIP tours a year. 50 comp tickets. Club reservations. Valet parking at the Grand. Access to 1901. VIP services (they will make your reservations from rooms to meals to seating for parades/fireworks/Aladdin/Fantasmic!/WoC to any other planning needs...) 6 immediate use Fast Passes each day. And various Club Events (such as Candlelight.) If you are staying at one of the 3 resort hotels, you are upgraded to Concierge level rooms (you have to make the ressie through the club services.) I think that is a basic recap.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Take the tour first and really evaluate your decision carefully. If you know a member, utilize their membership for a few visits (or while you wait upon the list, if any) and perform your due diligence to see if the benefits and costs are justifiable.
    Prior to 2012 I would be have encouraged you to join without hesitation, but with current TDA management showing a more aggressive stance re the micromanagement of the club, personally, I would wait to see if any damage control is initiated to help correct many of the issues discussed so intensely in the other Club 33 threads.
    Since 1967 the club has been relatively left alone by TDA and those were golden years indeed. Simply fabulous years! Members were happy to pay their annual dues, they loved to dine at the club and attend the events, it was really a magical experience. There was no animosity within the membership ranks, and even the club staff had a much lower turn over.
    I would never dictate to anyone how to spend their money but if asked, I would most certainly offer sound advise based upon extensive, first hand experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bummerkit View Post
    Ditto what Malcon10t said.

And to add, it's worth it.
    The more people I meet the more I like animals. -Unknown

• Rock Star Minion

I don't think it's worth it.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    CURRENTLY - Initiation fee is around $25K, first years dues are $11K. How long? It is unknown. I have friends who were put on the list in May, and are still waiting.

What it includes - 4 Premier Annual passes (Disneyland and WDW.) Includes the standard AP discounts. 5 VIP tours a year. 50 comp tickets. Club reservations. Valet parking at the Grand. Access to 1901. VIP services (they will make your reservations from rooms to meals to seating for parades/fireworks/Aladdin/Fantasmic!/WoC to any other planning needs...) 6 immediate use Fast Passes each day. And various Club Events (such as Candlelight.) If you are staying at one of the 3 resort hotels, you are upgraded to Concierge level rooms (you have to make the ressie through the club services.) I think that is a basic recap.
    were they notified that they are on the list? I cant get any response.

I personally think it is worth it. I consider that it is 15-16K/year for 5 years. We will visit probably 12 days a year and will send some small # of clients, friends and family. I wish more fast passes were included (6 per visit seems low unless it is 6 per person), more perks to magic kingdom, international disneys and cruise perks.

My wifes family lives in orange county so we visit maybe 4 weeks a year (spread over 4 visits). I personally would like to add orlando to the mix.
    Last edited by txdisney; 02-15-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by txdisney View Post
    I wish more fast passes were included (6 per visit seems low unless it is 6 per person)
    It is 6 per person for all the people with a Club 33 card. After that, it's regular Fastpasses.
    Disneyland AP & go as often as I can! DL Paris 2002 WDW 2007 & 2013 Tokyo DL & Sea 2009 DCL 2014
    To Do: Hong Kong DL & Shanghai Disney: see you in 2016!
    GROUNDHOG DAY: WDW and DLR in the same day: 2/2/13
    My Stay in the Disneyland Dream Suite

• Rock Star Minion

I personally think it is worth it. I consider that it is 15-16K/year for 5 years. We will visit probably 12 days a year and will send some small # of clients, friends and family. I wish more fast passes were included (6 per visit seems low unless it is 6 per person), more perks to magic kingdom, international disneys and cruise perks.

My wifes family lives in orange county so we visit maybe 4 weeks a year (spread over 4 visits). I personally would like to add orlando to the mix.
    Well, the clients would make it worth it. I don't have any clients.

Well, I met another Legacy Member who didn't renew.
    He was simply furious about the comp reduction and exclusion from specific member events.
    Nice fellow too, super Disney fan until now.
    Well, I know how he feels.
    Since profanity isn't allowed on this forum, I can't tell what he said about the 1901 Lounge. LOL!
    Looks like Disney is making friends all over!

• Minion

That is odd, since you had to renew prior to Jan 29th, and the event wasn't announced til Feb. 1st. So, he didn't know about the separation prior to quitting.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    That is odd, since you had to renew prior to Jan 29th, and the event wasn't announced til Feb. 1st. So, he didn't know about the separation prior to quitting.
    LOL! I have no idea regarding the date he resigned, all I can do is type what he said.
    Yes, he was really upset, pretty much along the same lines as myself and the others who declined to renew. Loved your comment though!

• Minion

were they notified that they are on the list? I cant get any response.
    It took some phone calls, but yes, they were able to verify they were on the list.

To clarify, the 6 is for the member and members cards. (Platinum gets 4 cards, so can pull a total of 24 FPs. )

That is the one part for me that wouldn't be worth it. I have no desire to go to Orlando, but it is automatically included.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast