Multi-Day Passholders Beware!

Prior to our recent visit to Disneyland, we purchased official Multi-Day souvenir tickets. On the back of those tickets, it said "Print Name." Do not follow those instructions!! We wrote our names in permanent red marker and were told at the gate that the names needed to be written in Disney ink by the cast members. We needed to be issued new tickets (and had to have our photos taken once again), seriously delaying our Magic Morning hour.

Has anyone else experienced this? I know Disney is implementing another new system, but the cast members were not very pleasant, insinuating this problem was our fault. Hopefully this, and the new photo taking system will be fixed soon!
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

• Chief Troublemaker

Re: Multi-Day Passholders Beware!

Quote Originally Posted by Esmeralda View Post
    Prior to our recent visit to Disneyland, we purchased official Multi-Day souvenir tickets. On the back of those tickets, it said "Print Name." Do not follow those instructions!! We wrote our names in permanent red marker and were told at the gate that the names needed to be written in Disney ink by the cast members. We needed to be issued new tickets (and had to have our photos taken once again), seriously delaying our Magic Morning hour.

Has anyone else experienced this? I know Disney is implementing another new system, but the cast members were not very pleasant, insinuating this problem was our fault. Hopefully this, and the new photo taking system will be fixed soon!

Thank You!!!!! We just got our souvenir tickets & I saw that & was going back & forth on signing. Glad I decided not to!!!

BTW on the souvenir tickets for anyone interested. If you want to add a day but want to be able to have the souvenir tickets, you can only do that at WDTC in DTD. If you do it at the hotels or booths you have to turn your ticket in for a paper one.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Senior Minion

Y'know... it's screwups like this that make me reconsider dismissing the story that DLR management's brains were erased by space aliens.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Still lost in Neverland

It is really strange that simple things like this can get so screwed up. It's a serious case of the Left Hand not knowing what the Right Hand is doing and it's happening way too much now. Most tickets to other venues that require a signature have a little notice under the line, "to be signed by purchaser" or "to be signed by employee" or in this case "by Cast Member" or "by guest". So simple yet they can't seem to learn from past mistakes.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• The doctor is in

So with this new photo process how does this work when you buy a package through the website and have the tickets and information mailed to your house? Do they take the photo when you go to the park for the first day or is there another way this is happening?
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

but the cast members were not very pleasant, insinuating this problem was our fault. Hopefully this, and the new photo taking system will be fixed soon!
    I've noticed a significant decrease in cast member morale and overall enthusiasm. The vast majority of cast members simply terrific but more and more I'm noticing the quantity of 'Grumpys' is increasing.

The same thing happened to my girlfriend and I when we went in December. When we went in May I wrote our names on the backs of the tickets, went to the park, no problem. Figured well might as well do the same when I got the tickets before we left for our trip in December.

Apparently I was wrong. When we got to the gate we were told the same thing, oh you need to wait and let a disney CM do it when they get here. So we got pulled in the park had to wait a good 15 or 20 mins while some guy wandered off to get tickets.
    Would not be so bad, however, while we waited for our tickets by the train station we saw that indeed he had gotten the tickets already and was busy chatting with another CM for 10 of those minutes, and to add to it, he put the wrong last name on my girlfriend's ticket. Lovely explaining that every time we went to the park for the following week.....Not exactly a magical start to a christmas vacation.....

You think SOMEWHERE on the ticket or something they would mention that you do not indeed sign it yourself.

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    So with this new photo process how does this work when you buy a package through the website and have the tickets and information mailed to your house? Do they take the photo when you go to the park for the first day or is there another way this is happening?

That's my understanding. We'll just get in line that first day with our souvenir tickets & at some point a CM will take our picture. I've heard it's right at the turnstile & also that CMs go up & down the line taking pics to try to speed things up. Don't know which or if it's both.

I did call the Grand to see if this could be taken care of at the front desk at check-in & was told (very politely) that it could not. This was right when they started the picture/ID thing, but I doubt if it's changed.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by David A View Post
    I've noticed a significant decrease in cast member morale and overall enthusiasm. The vast majority of cast members simply terrific but more and more I'm noticing the quantity of 'Grumpys' is increasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    That's my understanding. We'll just get in line that first day with our souvenir tickets & at some point a CM will take our picture. I've heard it's right at the turnstile & also that CMs go up & down the line taking pics to try to speed things up. Don't know which or if it's both.

I did call the Grand to see if this could be taken care of at the front desk at check-in & was told (very politely) that it could not. This was right when they started the picture/ID thing, but I doubt if it's changed.
    Ah I see. Thanks for the info.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

Yes, Dr. Fink, they took our photos at the turnstile on the way into the park. There are many extra cast members at the front gate now, but it still slows things down a lot so be sure to get there early.

David A, I agree, there were more 'Grumpys' than in years past. Although we had a few wonderful experiences (the Silhouette creators, the Baby Care Center, and Fred), we experienced many more 'Happys' over at California Adventure. They seem to have taken a new pride in their park. Hopefully the same will be true for the original Magic Kingdom someday soon.
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.