Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Under that tree again!

Re: Have you ever moved someone's blanket?

Yes

And Linus went berserk on me. Bad mistake, who knew that thumb sucker had such a strong uppercut.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Stichy I thought you were asking if you've ever mooned someone and my answer's the same.

Even if they deserve it you're putting your own - what's the metaphor?

You're leaving yourself exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    yes

and linus went berserk on me. Bad mistake, who knew that thumb sucker had such a strong uppercut.
    lol!

• Minion

Can someone explain why the Fastpass system wouldn't work for Fantasmic!? There doesn't have to be split sections, but since there is a roped-off section anyway, why not force people to physically stay there for at most an hour instead of leave their blankets for three?

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    Can someone explain why the Fastpass system wouldn't work for Fantasmic!? There doesn't have to be split sections, but since there is a roped-off section anyway, why not force people to physically stay there for at most an hour instead of leave their blankets for three?
    I brought this up in another thread, but I completely agree. The Fantasmic! situation has gotten to be a bit out of control. You've got unattended blankets strewn about New Orleans Square for the better part of the day and then the viewing area itself reaches capacity hours before the show starts on many nights.

I was skeptical of it initially, but I think the Fastpass system for World of Color works splendidly. Guests aren't allowed to claim a spot until an hour before hand, and it prevents this kind of nonsense where people are leaving their crap and running off to play in the rest of the park. The Haunted Mansion Fastpass machines don't get much use for most of the year. Why not use them?

That's a good question. Couldn't they simply implement a similar system to what they do for World of Color? Designate several viewing sections along the ROA, use the former Splash Mountain FP distribution(by the Haunted Mansion exit) for ticket distribution, rope off the area a few hours before like they currently do, and if people want to queue up, use Big Thunder Ranch as a holding area. The blanket laying is a bit obnoxious, especially if unattended. And people can get crazy and territorial about those things. If I've spent a few hours staking out a primo spot along the front of the ROA and pick up on the fact that a family behind me is seeing the show for the first time, I always offer to let the let little ones move forward wih some adjacent space for a guardian. I've seen it countless times since the opening, and despite it being my favorite show, I would rather someone else experience that same magic.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Should the policy of moving blanket be left to CMs? I mean they move strollers for Parades all the time, will this double policy really come back to bite them?

Quote Originally Posted by beejers View Post
    That's a good question. Couldn't they simply implement a similar system to what they do for World of Color? Designate several viewing sections along the ROA, use the former Splash Mountain FP distribution(by the Haunted Mansion exit) for ticket distribution, rope off the area a few hours before like they currently do, and if people want to queue up, use Big Thunder Ranch as a holding area.
    They would just use HM fastpass since they aren't used 9 months of the year.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Park policy should absolutely change about staying with your belongings/no camping out beyond a specific time period on busy days, due to congestion of walkways and etc.

But one guest touching belongings of others or moving them will only cause problems in the long run, possibly even fights if not 'mere' verbal confrontations and aggressive behavior. I wish Disney would take steps to remedy this, but doing it yourself 90 percent of time just asking for trouble.
    I agree completely with this post. Unfortunately moving someone else's belongings could easily escalate into a verbal or physical confrontation.

I do agree that the system for F! needs to be changed. If someone honestly wants to spend their afternoon sitting by the RoA to get a good spot for Fantasmic, and they're physically present, hey, good for them, but nobody needs to trip over those unoccupied blankets. There should be a rule that if something is left unattended for more than say 15 minutes (which gives someone time for a potty break, which might be a legitimate need if they're camping out for hours) it will be cleared by cast members.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    I agree completely with this post. Unfortunately moving someone else's belongings could easily escalate into a verbal or physical confrontation.

I do agree that the system for F! needs to be changed. If someone honestly wants to spend their afternoon sitting by the RoA to get a good spot for Fantasmic, and they're physically present, hey, good for them, but nobody needs to trip over those unoccupied blankets. There should be a rule that if something is left unattended for more than say 15 minutes (which gives someone time for a potty break, which might be a legitimate need if they're camping out for hours) it will be cleared by cast members.
    I will say I haven't seen a lot of empty blankets. I see a lot of people staking out areas, and I see Mouse Expeditions staking out 4-6 spots on weekends, but there are usually people with the blankets. I have seen people pick up blankets and CMs pick up blankets.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I will say I haven't seen a lot of empty blankets. I see a lot of people staking out areas, and I see Mouse Expeditions staking out 4-6 spots on weekends, but there are usually people with the blankets. I have seen people pick up blankets and CMs pick up blankets.
    I've seen both situations - I've seen a few instances where there have been a lot of empty blankets, and I've also seen a lot of people sitting and waiting, yes. I've never seen anything get moved, though.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Someone needs to really get hurt tripping over those unoccupied blankets before Disney does a flippin' thing. A good trip, fall and broken neck should do the trick.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post

It is just a blanket, it can be moved in less than a minute, just picked up, folded and put somewhere else, or given to a CM.

I think it would be very rare for it to escalate into a physical, or even heated verbal confrontation. What does the blanket squatter say? "I was reserving this spot with my blanket?" "How dare you move my blanket?" I would just tell them that the spot was unoccupied and ask them to leave my family alone, obviously they are out of luck if their blanket isn't there anymore. I can't see somebody getting upset as they tried to cordone off a piece of the park for their future private use, which they can't legally do as they don't own Disneyland.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    Someone needs to really get hurt tripping over those unoccupied blankets before Disney does a flippin' thing. A good trip, fall and broken neck should do the trick.
    I think this whole blanket thing started with an APer only Glow with the Show, I remember seeing blankets on the walkway over the Pirates queue. As it was an APer only event, I think Disney turned a blind eye, but this practice shouldn't occur during the regular Fantasmic events with APers and the regular admits as most out of town folks don't know that they need to bring a blanket to reserve their spot on Fantasmic.

I agree that FastPass should somehow be utilized, that way guests won't need to sit for hours, and the process will be fairer.

• Minion

That is an intelligent idea imo. They could utilize the Haunted Mansion fastpass machines that are never used anyways (except HMH).

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post

I think there is a lot of truth to this^^

Disney isn't going to do anything about the empty blankets until it costs them more money to allow it or it results in a huge PR situation, ie a story headlined "Fanstasmic Riot" followed by a story of some huge brawl-type fight breaking out over someone removing/leaving a blanket. Using their 'fastpass logic' people sitting on blankets for 3 hours are people who are NOT spending money elsewhere. People who leave their blankets ARE people spending money elsewhere.

Interestingly enough when my boys were in high school 'bleacher saving' at football games became such a problem (people would send their kids to school with blankets to spread, or they'd run over themselves in the AM to put blankets down in the 50 yd section for games at 8pm), that the HS starting selling 'tickets' to allow this. At $20.00 a pop (for a space big enough for 4 'normal' sized adults)!! Yikes! I better not give Disney any ideas!
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast