Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Will return Soon...

Re: Have you ever moved someone's blanket?

They need to place the same policy Tokyo Disney Resort has on blankets and staking places out.

No blankets can be placed on the ground till 1hour prior to a performance or parade. and enforce it. It works wonderfully at TDR.

• Chief Troublemaker

Now, if I wanted to have a little 'fun' (& was sure I wouldn't get caught), I'd take some time and just switch the blankets all around then sit back & watch the ensuing confusion & acrimony.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Now, if I wanted to have a little 'fun' (& was sure I wouldn't get caught), I'd take some time and just switch the blankets all around then sit back & watch the ensuing confusion & acrimony.
    Or, if you wanted to be really ambitious, you could move all the blankets to Small World Mall.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    There is a difference, I think, because when someone sets a towel down on a lounge chair near a pool they're setting a place for their stuff so they don't have to carry it into the water, and a place where they can have a dry towel once they get out of the pool.

With people tossing down blankets for Fantasmic!, it's more akin to someone putting a towel down on a pool chair and then going to walk around downtown Disney for a few hours, maybe go back to the hotel room to watch a TV show, and finally coming back, hours later, expecting a spot to be saved for them. In both cases, someone is taking a spot away from someone else when they aren't going to be using it for another several hours.
    Maybe I'm just a curmudgeon...but this actually stopped me from going to Jamaica. I was reading reviews about a hotel, and a common complaint was that people would go down early in the morning, put towels on lounge chairs, then go back up to their rooms and go back to sleep. This practice would leave no chairs for those who actually went down to use them right away.

So, it's obviously not something that is isolated to DL. I just thought, with as much money as one spends to visit there...DL would have a rule in place to insure against guest complaints about this. They seem on top of things with rules for safety reasons...I wonder how this has situation has escaped their scrutiny?

• Chief Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    Or, if you wanted to be really ambitious, you could move all the blankets to Small World Mall.

ROFL! Illusion, I think you & I could really get up to some devilment if we put our minds together! LOL
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

Fantasmic FastPass was rumored for NextGen.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Just make a Fantasmic FP system....

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

This is a topic that really bugs me because I hate walking by ROA around 3:00 and see the Occupy Fantasmic folks. I say Disney should not let people camp out until at least they have roped off the area. Now it seems like its getting earlier. I've seen people camping out at 1:00 on some Saturdays.

I have tripped once on someone's blanket and have seen a heated argument with a CM and a person camping out because they were sitting in an area designated for handicap people. The way I look at it is that until it is roped off it is still a walkway and if your blanket is in my path they so be it I am going to walk on it, or "accidentally" drop my coffee.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    I was reminded today, of a trip to DL. A fellow Mcer, me and our families were walking past the Fantastic area, and I was shocked at all the blankets placed on the ground. It was at least 3 hours before the show was supposed to start and there were at least 3 rows deep of blankets with no people sitting on them. I thought it was incredibly rude to the people who would show up and actually sit in a spot to "reserve" it. So, my question is...have you ever moved a blanket to take the spot? What do you think of this practice?
    nope. cause if they have placed a blanket as a marker that is their spot. it's a first come first serve thing i feel.. i would never move a blanket and i would never take the spot. park guests are allowed to camp out like that.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    park guests are allowed to camp out like that.
    So, "camping out" a spot means putting a blanket down, walking completely away from said blanket and that claims their spot?

I disagree. I thought "camping out" a spot to mean they or a member of their party sit/stand there and wait for show to begin.

Then again, I don't think that it is a Disney rule to determine how spots for show seating should be saved. Although there probably should be. But people are gonna do what they are gonna do so until Disney does set up a rule, its going to keep happening. And if the a policy does get set up, people are going to try and skirt around it.
    Last edited by clara; 02-18-2013 at 04:51 PM. Reason: typos

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
    This is a topic that really bugs me because I hate walking by ROA around 3:00 and see the Occupy Fantasmic folks.
    Occupy Fantasmic! Love it.

• Under that tree again!

You can claim land to mine for gold, but if you aren't physically on the land looking for gold now and then, you can't retain your claim. Nor can you squat on the land not working it.

Think of that as it could apply to leaving a blankets or stuff you won't need for hours, or just sitting there on it without a show to watch.

My biggest peave about the blankets is people claim 10 sqare feet of land but only need 6 to fit their group on. It's very selfish.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• "I Break Things"

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    My biggest peave about the blankets is people claim 10 sqare feet of land but only need 6 to fit their group on. It's very selfish.
    On the reverse end of that I hate camping out for something only to have people try to crowd in at the last minute. Nothing at all to do with the blanket issue just stating a reverse pet peeve. I'll reserve "extra" space specifically because I know people will crowd in at the last moment.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I was actually happy that Fantasmic wasn't showing during my recent 10 day vacation to Disneyland/DCA. The Rivers of America are a whole different place at night when Fantasmic isn't on the schedule.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I was actually happy that Fantasmic wasn't showing during my recent 10 day vacation to Disneyland/DCA. The Rivers of America are a whole different place at night when Fantasmic isn't on the schedule.
    I agree with this statement as much as I love Fantasmic it does make RoA lame to be around at night.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast