Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Have you ever moved someone's blanket?

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    I think this whole blanket thing started with an APer only Glow with the Show, I remember seeing blankets on the walkway over the Pirates queue. As it was an APer only event, I think Disney turned a blind eye, but this practice shouldn't occur during the regular Fantasmic events with APers and the regular admits as most out of town folks don't know that they need to bring a blanket to reserve their spot on Fantasmic.

I agree that FastPass should somehow be utilized, that way guests won't need to sit for hours, and the process will be fairer.
    This has been going on for years... nothing to do with Glow with the Show.

The solution is easy.. no need for FP. Just clear out the area and rope it off about an hour or two before showtime. Forcing everyone to leave the area and come back when the area is reopened... just like they do for the WoC viewing area. By forcing everyone out.. you remove the benefit of staking an area out and the problem will go away.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• World Famous Gold Mickey

One time I went on a Saturday and it wan't even noon yet and I saw a bunch of people sitting on the blankets camping out the whole day so they can be next to the fence.

Gold Mickey Says:
    When Steamboat Willie sails by he always waves at me and I wave at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Coasterjunkie View Post
    I consider it to be bad form for people to leave articles in a specific spot for hours just to get a good spot for the show. If those people really want to see that show then there should be atleast one person staking it out. Like another poster said how many people have walked all over those blankets after walking all over the park all day. Who knows what they may have left on that blanket and then to have that family come back to what they think is a still clean blanket and have their infant/kid(s) crawl all over it.
    I agree. It's bad form.

I also agree with those who are bewildered by the need to view the show over and over.

And I'm an APH.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I don't care of someone stakes out areas, but SOMEONE has to be there. No parking strollers, blankets, etc to cover an area, unless there is a human too....
    Nail on head.

If I come to a spot and there is nothing but a blanket,
    I'm moving the blanket and claiming the spot.

It takes a lot of gall, in my opinion, to plunk down
    a blanket, deem it "reserved", abandon it,
    and expect it to still be there when you get back.

Uh-uh. Ain't gonna happen.

• Disneyland 19 year APH

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyInBoise View Post
    Nail on head.

If I come to a spot and there is nothing but a blanket,
    I'm moving the blanket and claiming the spot.

It takes a lot of gall, in my opinion, to plunk down
    a blanket, deem it "reserved", abandon it,
    and expect it to still be there when you get back.

Uh-uh. Ain't gonna happen.
    I think that we have got it although I would have to say if the reserve-ie is using the restroom than they can tempoariy abandon the blanket. More than 15 minutes than I would move the blanket.
    Check out my work on openstreetmap.org
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=33...om=17&layers=M

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    This has been going on for years... nothing to do with Glow with the Show.

The solution is easy.. no need for FP. Just clear out the area and rope it off about an hour or two before showtime. Forcing everyone to leave the area and come back when the area is reopened... just like they do for the WoC viewing area. By forcing everyone out.. you remove the benefit of staking an area out and the problem will go away.
    This.

Now the question remains, why doesn't DL implement it?
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

As a person who travels alone and who is also extremely short, I encounter this kind of thing in many places, not just DL. My take is that Disney should not allow unattended property to act as a "reservation" marking off a spot. Here in Portland, Oregon we have annual parades where folks were duct-taping bits of sidewalk days in advance to "reserve" them for viewing, and the City had to rule that unless folks were occupying the spot, the duct tape would be removed. But none of us have the right to turn ourselves into "blanket police" in the absence of park policy.

I don't see how leaving an unattended blanket on the ground is any different from leaving a sweatshirt draped over the railing at the front of a ride line, walking away, and then coming back three hours later with your family of 5 and expecting to skip the line because your sweatshirt was saving your spot.

Technically, leaving blankets is "allowed" in that Disney CMs do allow it, but that doesn't mean that it makes sense or that it should be allowed, especially when there are other parks and situations in which it is strictly forbidden by Disney.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    My biggest peave about the blankets is people claim 10 sqare feet of land but only need 6 to fit their group on. It's very selfish.
    I can see why some people take up extra space prior to showtime. There are times when the entire party isn't there yet and you are not sure how much space the entire group may need so you over estimate.

I have no problem with this as long as two very specific elements are met:

1. someone from the party is with the blanket at all times.
    2. As soon as the entire party is present, any unused space is relinquished so that others can sit there.

Most people practicing this seem to meet the first element, staying with their belongings. I rarely see people relinquishing space, however.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by PBandJ View Post
    I don't see how leaving an unattended blanket on the ground is any different from leaving a sweatshirt draped over the railing at the front of a ride line, walking away, and then coming back three hours later with your family of 5 and expecting to skip the line because your sweatshirt was saving your spot.

Technically, leaving blankets is "allowed" in that Disney CMs do allow it, but that doesn't mean that it makes sense or that it should be allowed, especially when there are other parks and situations in which it is strictly forbidden by Disney.

Why thank you for the brilliant idea! Now that FP are being enforced, this will be my new ride strategy! I'll just have to bring about 20 sweatshirts so I can drape them at my favorite rides first thing in the morning! LOL LOL. Sorry, but your post just created the funniest mental picture.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by chesirecat View Post
    This is an APer issue and I think should be "policed" by APers.
    That's a broad (and incorrect) generalization.

• Cove Bar Official Dj

I have gone ahead and done the "fold up the blanket and put it on the fence" trick various times. Sometimes with a heated argument from the owner and sometimes nothing... nothing like seeing someone all steamed up when you could care less and just walk away

I have also had someone get mad because my family walked on top of one of their blankets (no one was sitting or claiming it)... but we had someone literally follow us from the pirates entrance to the NOS popcorn cart saying how rude it was to walk on their blanket....

#sigh.....
    -Ricky
    DLand Connoisseur
    http://www.djrickyjay.com

• -

Quote Originally Posted by SiRocket View Post
    I have also had someone get mad because my family walked on top of one of their blankets (no one was sitting or claiming it)... but we had someone literally follow us from the pirates entrance to the NOS popcorn cart saying how rude it was to walk on their blanket....
    Actually, if there was room to walk around the blanket, it was rude to walk across it. Yes, they shouldn't leave unattended items, but that also doesn't give one a right to just trample the belongings of someone else. Two wrongs do not make a right and can only lead to unnecessary confrontation. Confrontation which can easily be avoided by being the bigger person and walking around.

Now if the blanket was stretched across the entire walkway with no other way to get by, that is another story. Hopefully in that situation, the Disney workers would intervene.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I have no problem with this as long as two very specific elements are met:

1. someone from the party is with the blanket at all times.
    2. As soon as the entire party is present, any unused space is relinquished so that others can sit there.

Most people practicing this seem to meet the first element, staying with their belongings. I rarely see people relinquishing space, however.
    We usually fit this. Our only thing about taking up extra space is we usually have a service dog with us. People often don't understand there is a BLACK dog lying there. No, we can't move the dog so you can stand there, the dog needs space, and we usually circle the dog so we can protect it when people start leaving and THINK they see an empty spot to cut through. (Its also when her blinky lights get turned back on...)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SiRocket View Post
    I have gone ahead and done the "fold up the blanket and put it on the fence" trick various times. Sometimes with a heated argument from the owner and sometimes nothing... nothing like seeing someone all steamed up when you could care less and just walk away

#sigh.....
    First situation, if the person is there, why are you touching their property?

Second, it was rude.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast