February Trip Report

Trip #2 - 2 days/2 nights

For this trip, we stayed at Abbys Anaheimer on Katella. The people there were very nice. We found a great deal, reserved online, and had no problems with check-in. The room wasn’t terrific. There was no clock, no bathroom vent (mold), and the coffee maker and phone were broken. We asked for two wake up calls (no clock), and received one late call and one completely missed. Those things aside, we did get a good deal, and it was about a half hour walk to the California Grand Hotel. Good enough for me! I had never been inside the California Grand, so this was a great opportunity for me to check it out. Add a night there (for half the price) to my Disney Bucket List. And White Water Snacks is my new favorite place for breakfast.

As soon as we entered the park, I went to City Hall to take some pictures of the bookcase. A CM asked if Id like to see a really cool book, and led me into a back room where she showed me Disneyland’s personal guest book. So cool!!

Name:  322.JPG
Views: 325
Size:  112.5 KB

Another CM who went above & beyond was this Transformers fan. My daughter likes to take tourist pics of a Bumblebee action figure throughout the park. He saw us doing this, and jumped into the picture with his own fandom. My daughter got to talk Transformers in Disneyland, and that made her trip. It got me thinking how it really is these people who make the Disney experience so special. I think Im going to choose three (or more) cast members each time I visit, and write Disney about the things they do for us. I have my list for this trip.

Name:  477.JPG
Views: 324
Size:  134.6 KB

Valentines Week and Lunar New Year were in full swing. And while pieces of Mardi Gras remained, we watched it gradually come down.

Name:  330.JPG
Views: 324
Size:  160.8 KB

Name:  380.JPG
Size:  123.8 KB

Name:  475.JPG
Size:  147.7 KB

One of the perks of having a Disney cc is a free 5x7 photo with a character. We went back to an area behind the Mad T Party, and took pictures with Stitch. They let us choose from tons of pictures. It was a great experience.

I finally tried the corndog from the red cart on Main Street. Absolutely the best corndog ever. And I discovered my newest favorite thing, Ghirardelli’s Midnight Reverie

We closed down Star Tours, and I was the Rebel Spy. On the way out, my daughter noticed that the porch bench on Main Street was empty. We finally got to sit there and watch the people spill out of the park. It was just as fun as I always imagined.

IASW looked so bare, but the tea cups looked so pretty, even under refurbishment. The moon looked like a Cheshire smile. And my favorite ride this trip was Soaring.

Name:  562.JPG
Views: 321
Size:  113.3 KB

Name:  565.JPG
Views: 319
Size:  90.8 KB

Name:  319.JPG
Views: 317
Size:  129.6 KB

Name:  453.JPG
Views: 318
Size:  64.3 KB

Time to start planning our March trip!!

• Selfie Expert

Re: February Trip Report

Thank you for sharing!! Isn't it exciting being the Rebel Spy?!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Minion

ORDDU: Very nice pictures, duckling! Thank you for your fun trip report.

It is quite the experience to be the Rebel Spy. I just wish they'd take more flattering pics LoL

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Thank you for sharing!! Isn't it exciting being the Rebel Spy?!!
    Last week we were there for our family vacation. My son rode star tours with his daddy (he is five) about 5 times over the week. He was the rebel spy the last time. MADE HIS LIFE!! I am sure he will never forget that. And of course we had to get the tee shirt that says "i am the rebel spy"
    "I wish I could just live in Disneyland...I am never happier than when in that magical land... The peace it brings me is almost overwhelming"

1985 - First Trip to Disneyland with my parents and brother. (Age 11)
    1993- Disneyland trip with my highschool band "Disney Music Days"
    1996- Disneyland trip, College Spring Break Trip.
    1997- Disneyland trip, College Christmas Break Trip.
    2003- Disneland trip, Honeymoon.
    2012- Disneyland trip, first time with my hubby and children. Lexi 7, Patrick 4.
    2013- Disneyland trip, second trip with my hubby and children. Lexi 8, Patrick 5.
    2014- Next Trip planned with my kids and hubby!!

Quote Originally Posted by oodelally View Post

I finally tried the corndog from the red cart on Main Street. Absolutely the best corndog ever. And I discovered my newest favorite thing, Ghirardelli’s Midnight Reverie

This is probably my favorite picture of them all. It looks AMAZING! *drools*

• Mischievous Mouse

very cool - thanks

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• I'm from Canada eh!

Glad that Animated Bumble Bee got noticed! (I'm a fan too!)

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by oodelally View Post
    It is quite the experience to be the Rebel Spy. I just wish they'd take more flattering pics LoL
    Haha I think they choose unflattering ones on purpose. I was super annoyed by an obnoxious group shouting out "Sorry, folks! I'm still getting used to my programming" over and over, so they got a shot of me glaring!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPrincessDi View Post
    Last week we were there for our family vacation. My son rode star tours with his daddy (he is five) about 5 times over the week. He was the rebel spy the last time. MADE HIS LIFE!! I am sure he will never forget that. And of course we had to get the tee shirt that says "i am the rebel spy"
    I know EXACTLY how your son feels!! I was so sad they didn't have a women's version of that shirt. It was like a milestone in my life!! Haha

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List