View Poll Results: In order to get into Disneyland would you rather...

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pay full admission at the entry gate?

42 82.35%
  • Pay for Disneyland attraction ticket books?

9 17.65%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

How would you like to pay?

Back when Disneyland first opened, I heard that people had to pay for tickets for each individual ride. But did they also have to pay a small admission fee?

But now-a-days we just have to pay for admission into the park for a very hefty price.

So I am curious, with todays economy and high prices would you rather buy ticket books (That would be priced with todays financial standards) to ride Disneyland attractions or would you rather pay for the whole theme park admission like everyone does these days (which I believe is in-between $50-$65)?

I think I would want to pay the $50-$65 theme park admission unless the ticket books would be somewhat cheaper. I would think that the ticket books with the most popular and thrilling rides would be the most expensive ranging around $45 while the ticket books for the least popular and thrilling attractions would sell for $20-$40.

What do you all think and which way would you prefer to pay in order to enjoy the Disneyland attractions?

• Boozer, User, and Loser

Re: How would you like to pay?

I'd definitely prefer to pay just the admission price. I like to ride the "expensive" rides repeatedly so I'd be broke if they had ticket books again.

I think it would be nice to have both like they did when they were switching over to the pass. It would be nice if you were coming in from out of town to be able to go in for an hour or two and just buy a couple of tickets or just shop so you wouldn't need to use one of your days on your park hopper. So if you had bought the pass you could wear a wristband to get on the ride, or you would need to give them a ticket. But if that happened you would need a whole lot more CMs and right now that just wouldn't be able to happen.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Unfortunately, I would rather have it stay at or slightly under the price it currently is and have that be the only price you pay to get in and ride the rides. I say this because I would HATE for Disneyland to become a "hang out" place, which it undoubtedly would become in this day and age if admission was cheap or free.

• Hooterville, USA

I've been to DL both ways and one price is the best. It was a new concept that has stuck, and other parks followed suit.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• Circle of Ancients

I think that it is best the way that it is. I mean, I ride the Mansion and Indiana Jones repeatedly, and having to constantly pay with tickets for these attractions would just be way too inconvenient and pricey. I like to be able to enjoy the whole park, the entire Disneyland experience, at one rate. It would be interesting to see how the individual ticket books would fare in this day and age though...

• The one, the only...

Yes, you did have to pay for admission. If I rememberer correctly, in the late 1970's it was around $6.

I like the one price for entrance. But I do see a problem. It does not give Disney much incentive to create, new, amazing rides. When you had to pay for the ride, the more amazing, the more they could charge. The more amazing attractions the more collected in revenue that day.

Now Disney can get away with a C attraction now and then and promote it as if it was an E attraction because you do not pay per ride.

As I said, I prefer the one price policy, but it has also resulted in Pooh....
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• A Pirate's life for me!

With the crowds of today, can you imagine the lines at the ticket booths for individual ride tix??? It would be a nightmare!

I remember the old system, and when your book was out of E-tickets and wanted to ride them some more, you had to get more. Then you had too many C, D's etc leftover at the end of the day... Nightmare.

Keep it like it is. We have enough lines and confused people wandering around already.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I'd pay the admission...

However, I just though of all the little kids that go to Disneyland and can't ride a lot of the big attractions. Maybe ticket books would be beneficial for families that include small children? Then again, I wasn't around when ticket books were available, so I wouldn't know how each and every ride would be rated.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TTFN92
    I think it would be nice to have both like they did when they were switching over to the pass. It would be nice if you were coming in from out of town to be able to go in for an hour or two and just buy a couple of tickets or just shop so you wouldn't need to use one of your days on your park hopper. So if you had bought the pass you could wear a wristband to get on the ride, or you would need to give them a ticket. But if that happened you would need a whole lot more CMs and right now that just wouldn't be able to happen.
    I think Your idea is great. Have the option of both. Then someone visiting for a couple of hours buys lowered admission($10-$20) and then pays for each ride separately. Pooh would definately be an A-ticket with other rides getting their older ratings. The one day pass would still be available at its nominal price. Tickets come in books that are specific to ticket type for example E-tickets would come in an e-ticket book and so on. Varietey sets would be available also. basicall they put new turnstiles in like the ones at the front gate you put your ticket in(pass or ride ticket) and then it admits you. The ride tickets if not used could be used on a later date.

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate
    Unfortunately, I would rather have it stay at or slightly under the price it currently is and have that be the only price you pay to get in and ride the rides. I say this because I would HATE for Disneyland to become a "hang out" place, which it undoubtedly would become in this day and age if admission was cheap or free.
    I also believe this would happen. If admission suddenly got cheap, and then you had to pay for rides, DL would become just a big hang out place and it would be so difficult to get through people that you could never get anywhere. That is one of the advantages of the way it is now, there are always a lot of people in line. If you brought back an inexpensive admission and then had to pay for rides, lots of folks would get in, go on a few rides that they could afford, then just hang-out.

For various reasons, the pricing structure is the best way, not necessarly the prices, but maybe it's for the best afterall.

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy

• no flash photography...

I like the one admission price. can you imagine how crowded the parks would be if there was just a small price to pay to enter....no, it's better to have one hefty price...and after witnessing some trashy people last weekend I think it should be higher...and yes, I'm totally judging vased on apperance, attire, and imporoper english when they spoke....and also their blatant disregard to follow basics rules....like waiting in line and it's not cool to cut....and screaming at people when they were asked not to cut and shoving their way through the line...

An unlimited-use passport needs to co-exist with a limited-use passport. FastPass attractions should, then, require an individual charge of some sort for guests holding the limited-use passports.

Lower admission fees would, then, be available.

Underutilized attractions would fill their excess capacity.

Overutilized attractions would see their wait times decrease.

New attractions could be created.

Old attractions could be preserved.

More food and merchandise could be sold.

Guests could tour Disneyland in a more leisurely way without having to make sure they "get their money's worth".

And, everyone would be satisfied.

The current system of rationing attraction capacity based on the concept of first-come, first-served is not very effective. Disney needs to offer some pay-per-play options for its overutilized attractions in order to make the entire system function better.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 01-20-2006 at 04:40 AM.

• Animatronic

Quote Originally Posted by Druggas
    I've been to DL both ways and one price is the best. It was a new concept that has stuck, and other parks followed suit.
    Technically, Disneyland was one of the last major California theme parks to switch over. For years I was wondering why Disneyland couldn't be like Magic Mountain. It was painful to decide which E-Tickets to ride and I usually ended up dragging my father to one of the in park ticket booths for more E-Tickets.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I would stick with the current format. It's worth it to me, to not have to stress about whether or not I have the right tickets for the attractions I want to go on that particular day. The pay per ride concept is still in use in places like at Mall of America, but I like just paying for admission.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast