Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question What's up with the (former) Starcade area?

I was at DL last night and Space Mountain was the last ride for the night. I got a chance to look through the windows into the former Starcade area... it's just sad-looking!

Aside from the small after thought of an additional retail area, the escalators are blocked off (nothing new) and there Wreck It Ralph meet'n'greet props look like they're being disassembled, but there's just nothing there. The upstairs portion looks pretty forlorn, too. Through some of the window tinting I could see arcade games lining the walls (a lot of them were powered up) but nothing else there. I could also see some metal fencing inside the room on the end facing away from Space Mountain.

Is Disney ever going to do something with this area? The upper level has been closed for as long as I can remember, and Starcade hasn't been gone very long but it looks as if it's falling into disrepair as well. It's just kinda sad-looking and it's a lot of wasted real estate in a land that can ill afford it.

Anyone know of any plans on what the future holds for that section?

• Under that tree again!

Re: What's up with the (former) Starcade area?

Upstairs has a firm plan, to be closed for a long time.

Downstairs I haven't seen it since but I bet it's in a bit of a transition as they remove the Wreck It Raplh area.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Team Hail HYDRA

I heard that it would become the peoplemover 2.0 station, but that wont happen

Go visit my theme park website!!! http://kolbykonnection.com

• -

Upstairs is being reserved for a future out-of-theme attraction. Most likely a character driven one.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

So the Wreck it Ralph area is gone.. the characters are not meeting in the starcade anymore?

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFan28 View Post
    So the Wreck it Ralph area is gone.. the characters are not meeting in the starcade anymore?
    That is correct.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Inappropriate

Can we just remove the Starcade altogether? It doesn't even make sense anymore.

Click the banner! ^^^^
    Follow us on Twitter
    @mickeymutineers and on Facebook
    Mickey Mutineer Podcast now available in the blog and on iTunes!

• -

Thankfully, yes.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    I heard that it would become the peoplemover 2.0 station, but that wont happen
    Huh. I wish. The track does run just behind one of the walls, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzapants View Post
    Can we just remove the Starcade altogether? It doesn't even make sense anymore.
    No it doesn't. I don't think the average person is gonna pay a hundred bucks to get into the park and then spend more money playing video games that aren't as good as what current consoles and PCs offer. Starcade is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Upstairs has a firm plan, to be closed for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Upstairs is being reserved for a future out-of-theme attraction. Most likely a character driven one.
    Ok... so you guys don't know. Anyone else?

• Johnny and Me!

Quote Originally Posted by B2D View Post
    Huh. I wish. The track does run just behind one of the walls, doesn't it?
    It does, but at an angle. It wouldn't work as a loading area in its current configuration.

The only thing i don't get is why they let those arcades just sit there. If you have them why not just put them somewhere that fits temporarily. I loved it when they had them at ElecTronica, 25 cents a game isn't so bad when you just want a few minutes from the crowd to play a classic. I'm hoping for a Wreck it Ralph arcade of some sort. Oh, and when they make the sequel with the console idea it sounds like they are gonna go with they could add stuff like the Mario Kart arcades in.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by RaddaRadda View Post
    I'm hoping for a Wreck it Ralph arcade of some sort.
    No, thank you. Ralph doesn't fit in Tomorrowland. I would much rather have a new attraction that is in-theme.

• SORCERER

Yes its actually been removed since the beginning of Jan, so almost a month and a half the Starcade has been blocked off. The whole previous wreck it ralph section is empty, and they have crappy constructions walls up around it. Ironically they still do have the wreck ti ralph getting sign out on the side of the starcade lol.

I would love to see this place having some use, we dont need another graveyard, the people mover is enough.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyC View Post
    Yes its actually been removed since the beginning of Jan, so almost a month and a half the Starcade has been blocked off. The whole previous wreck it ralph section is empty, and they have crappy constructions walls up around it. Ironically they still do have the wreck ti ralph getting sign out on the side of the starcade lol.

I would love to see this place having some use, we dont need another graveyard, the people mover is enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    That is correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Thankfully, yes.
    thanks.
    i havent been to the parks since Nov. so im a bit surprised they are gone..but i can see that the movie has had its time in the spotlight..
    as for Starcade...they should do something with it since i barely see anyone in the store anyways

• Unhelpful User

It should be re-themed Flynns Arcade complete with games and a retro feel (I know it's Tomorrowland)...Tie that together with a Tron based attraction/dark ride and that would be both fun and money making (recovering)...a ride que could run thru it as guests game to coin op classics....they were popular @ ElecTRONica...I like those older games regardless of how "old" the gaming is in comparison as long as it could "tie in" the theme of the ride associated with it it would be a hit...we don't want ANOTHER store to shop in...we want fun and Flynns was that..fun..so combine it with a ride and maybe it would be a hit!!...call it Encom,Flynns,Tron,Starcade...but bring it back in some fashon

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast