Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Wishing I was at the DLR!

Smile BW Park Place Inn or Park Vue Inn?

Hey all, need some advice:

I will be going to Anaheim next month for business for 6 nights, and need someplace to stay. I was thinking either the BW Park Place Inn or Park Vue Inn? Which if any is better, room, parking, etc... They both look very close to the Parks, and both websites describe the rooms as OK, but I know nothing beats first hand knowledge!

Any advice would be great... Thank you!

• The Duck Rules

Re: BW Park Place Inn or Park Vue Inn?

I have stayed at Park Place Inn a few years ago so I can not give you a current report.

Friends stayed at the Park Vue Inn last year and said it was awful.

For pictures of some of the good neighbor hotels try this website
    http://www.dlresortinfo.com

judimouse

• Needs the smell of summer

Talking Re: BW Park Place Inn or Park Vue Inn?

My friend works for Best western, so we always stay at a BW. Park place in is nice enough, we have also stayed at the BW Anaheim in, which is usually a little cheaper and its only a couple of doors down from Park place. Park place inn has suites available though. Never stayed at park vue, but they are all very close. I would go for the cheapest one personally.

Hope that helps

P.S. We parked right in front of our room at both hotels - very convienient

• Man O Lantern

Park Place Inn is clean, comfy, and has great customer service. We stayed in a King Suite a few years ago. They are the closest hotel to the gates (except GCH of course ), and I found that they were worth the $.

Park Vue Inn is dirty and has horrible beds. I've never read anything good about them, that's for sure.

Tropicana and the Carousel are right there, too, and have done a lot of upgrades to their rooms the last few years.

I stayed once at the Desert Inn and Suites in a large double queen room with a handicap-accessible bathroom...the room had been recently updated, painted, new carpet...the place is charmless on the outside, but the room was great.

The last few years, we've paid a lot less and stayed at HoJo, which has excellent service, nice big clean rooms, beautiful grounds, but a longer walk.

• A Pirate's life for me!

You mention that you are going for business. Is the company paying??? If so, splurge a little. Try the Residence Inn, it's just down Harbor a couple of blocks. Since you are staying a week, you'll have your own little apartment with complimentary maid service, and hot breakfast in the morning and appetizers/drinks in the evening. If you want to enjoy the Parks as well, they have a shuttle (Artbus).

We've had rates as low as $89/night. Great value!

Enjoy!

• Silent Lucidity

We just got back from 4 nights at the Park Vue. The rooms have recently been remodeled. We stayed in two different rooms, and each one was clean and comfortable. The first room was on the lower floor next to a set of stairs. Was too noisey for a light-sleeper. They moved us with no questions or hassels. Definately ask for an upper floor if you stay at the Park Vue. We don't require much, we are not looking for the ritz in a two star hotel. The draw is the location, can't get closer!

We stayed at the BWPPI a couple years ago. No problems that I recall.
    Last edited by disneyhound; 01-16-2006 at 06:37 PM.

• Needs the smell of summer

I've stayed at the Residence inn as well, it was very nice and the breakfast was great. The shuttle runs until like 1:00 in the morning too, at least when the park is open that late. It was kind of pricey though, but that was in July. For $89 I would definitely stay there!

• Disneyland Fanatic

My vote is for BW Park Place Inn. We are going there next month and have stayed there regularly in the past couple of years (just went in September 05).

It's always been clean, convenient anc close to the park entrance.

They have nice suites with a couch hide-a-bed, microwave, fridge and coffee pot.

The pool/hot tub area is small but clean.

Parking is a little tight but that is true of most hotels on Harbor.

We felt very safe walking there at night since it's directly accross the st from park.

The only warning is: The free breakfast is really bad but we always eat breakfast somewhere else.

I've never stayed at the Park Vue so it would be unfair to say anything, but I've read awful reviews online.... I don't know if they've gotten any better now that it;s been remodeled as Disneyhound said

I have stayed in both places and say Park Place all the way. When I stayed at th Park Vue, the room was dirty and mildew-smelling. The toilet was missing a bolt and would rock when you sat on it. However, this was prior to the remodel, so things may have changed.
    I'd rather be at Disneyland!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

LuvDLand said it best. The rooms are a wee bit dark, some choices in bad colors, but a small price to pay for a decent location (we'd go out late to the D-Town Diz and then walk back safely) and all the things you need in your room.

The breakfast was awful. We just bought food at the local Von's and then ate in our room--making it easier to do early entry whenever we wanted.

Best Western, the way to go. Will probably stay there again.

peace out,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Wishing I was at the DLR!

Wow! Thank you everyone for all the information, it's very useful. I have a couple of direct comments for PirateMickey, & LuvDLand. Also I have one more question below too - thanks!

PirateMickey:
    As much as I'd love to splurge on the company dime, I can't. I work for County Government, and have to follow rules set forth by the U.S. General Services Administration regarding my travel. My maximum Per Diem Rate for Orange County is $110.40 per night with taxes.

I could probably stay someplace nicer, or closer to my Work destination (Las Palmas Ave.), but I want to be able to walk to the park every night after work. I also don't want to have to deal with catching busses, shuttles, etc... Therefore I want to stay as close to the park as possible.

LuvDLand:
    You bring up a great question: Parking! Was the parking tight at the BW Park Place Inn because of the time of year, or is it because it's always like that?

A question for all:
    Do these hotel/motels provide parking for all rooms? Will I have serious problems getting a parking space when I return form work (after 5 pm)? I didn't think February would be as crowded at these hotel/motels, should I really worry about parking this time of year?

I'm a Gov't employee as well. Quite a few of the Hotels offer a Gov't rate. JUst ask when you are checking for availablility.

I have rec'd the Gov't rate at the Hilton, Marriott and the Residence Inn. For years, we stayed at the Marriott under that plan for $59/night. They recently raised it to $69/night, which is still a bargain. When we stayed at the Marriott and/or Hilton, we usually walked, rather than take the shuttle.

The Residence Inn's Gov't rate varies, but usually is $79 with $89 on the weekends. Too long of a walk from there though.

Parking is usually OK, but I'll let others speak about the two in particular that you are asking about. When we had our nightmare stay at the Castle, that was one of our "issues". If you didn't get back to the hotel by 6 pm, you wouldn't have a stall available. They would just tell you to park in a lot down the street and walk back to your room. That's B.S., and one of the reasons that we have never stayed there since and also tell folks to not stay there as well (I'll keep the other items to myself, unless you actually want to hear about unknown type bodily fluid stains on the furniture...) Yuck!

Good luck!

• Disneyland Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Angelica Gracey
    Wow! Thank you everyone for all the information, it's very useful. I have a couple of direct comments for PirateMickey, & LuvDLand. Also I have one more question below too - thanks!

LuvDLand:
    You bring up a great question: Parking! Was the parking tight at the BW Park Place Inn because of the time of year, or is it because it's always like that?

A question for all:
    Do these hotel/motels provide parking for all rooms? Will I have serious problems getting a parking space when I return form work (after 5 pm)? I didn't think February would be as crowded at these hotel/motels, should I really worry about parking this time of year?
    At the Best Western, you get 1 parking spot per room (they give you a sign to keep in your dashboard at all times so the hotel knows you are staying there)

What I meant by "tight" was literally tight, the spaces are tiny! LOL so just park carefully and try not to park in between 2 huge trucks

The parking lot can be crowded, but we've never had trouble getting a spot. One time we went during spring break in 2004 and we had to park all the way in the back and walk al the way back to our room which was at the front of the hotel but it wasn't a big deal. I would think with you going in February it won't be an issue. We just went in September and left several times to go to Universal and Knotts, or just shopping, and never had a problem finding a spot.

Have a great time!

• Man O Lantern

Be sure to call the hotel and ask about parking....some charge you daily to park. I think the Hilton and Marriott both (not Residence Inn) charge to park.

I believe the Residence Inn has their own shuttle, not ART, that runs every 20-30 minutes. It's a great place to stay! If you can get the right rate, it would be worth it!

The Residence Inn USE to have their own bus service...

Last July, they changed over to the ArtBus. Complaints went through the roof, but it hasn't changed back.

Sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast