View Poll Results: 'a bug's land'

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's time to build something better

41 41.84%
  • Let's wait and get a few more years out of it

16 16.33%
  • No, keep it. It would be a waste of money to take it out now.

9 9.18%
  • No, I love it. I'd be disappointed to see it go.

26 26.53%
  • No, I think it needs to be expanded!

4 4.08%
  • Move it to one of the Disney hotels.

2 2.04%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• New Member Goes Forth

Re: bug's land: Should I stay or should I go?

I have voted to keep it. it is a very nice land, and you really feel that you are a bug. There are so many little details, and it transitions into the other lands well. Finlly, the attrractions are great for younger children, which the parks lacked originally. If thy took them out, it would be a backwards step. Finally, I would like to say that it is a great short cut through to Hollwood land from Cars Land and to Paradise Pier. when I walk through it, I like to slow down and look around at the hiden details and the sounds of the area.
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It's too bad the chew chew train wasn't at least realized in a more Disney way, it's kind of an "F" ticket and makes me want to run away before seeing any of the other rides.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    It's too bad the chew chew train wasn't at least realized in a more Disney way, it's kind of an "F" ticket and makes me want to run away before seeing any of the other rides.
    It's true. That's the worst one. However, Flick's Flyers is very well themed and kind of fun, actually.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

i voted to get rid of it. i do think the idea is a nice one & the theme works well inside DCA, but it was just cheaply executed. i'm with most people here who think something more timeless could be created that involves the whole family.

however, if they are set on having a child-oriented area, i think the idea could have been pushed. at hollywood studios in WDW they have (or used to have?) a 'honey i shrunk the kids' area with a similar garden theme, but with stuff to climb & slides to play on. if they could have integrated something like this around/above the rides it would have made the area more immersive & interactive. more wilderness-y & less carnival-y. just a thought, although that may be a bit redundant with the redwood creek trail challenge.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

That said, I hope the Redwood Creek Trail stays, it was well executed and it fits the theme quite nicely, without any attractions (rides).

• Sock Puppet

I actually like Heimlich's the best of all the rides and feel that Tuck and Roll is the worst. There is a height requirement for it and it's slow to load, slow to drive and just a waste of space for me. They were actually faster and more fun when they first opened but then deemed tooo dangerous so they got considerably slowed down.

•   
    • Minion

I think it's cute, it's well themed and it's a nice spot for kids in DCA. If anything I'd vote to replace Tuck N Roll and Francis, keep Flik's Flyers (IMHO it's really well done even if it's just a circle ride) and expand the Chew Chew Train.

•   

Lets think about this guys bugs land was made in 2002 when DCA was still scrambling to fix its tarnished image. And it was really the first decently themed land in the park because we all know all the other lands lacked a lot of proper theming. And bugs land is a great place for kids I know my 8 year old sister loves it. I say if anything they should make over the rides
    Last edited by Fernando Mendez; 02-24-2013 at 08:20 AM. Reason: spelling error

This question / poll comes up in the MiceChat forums at least once year and the results are almost always pretty much the same - mixed. A Bug's Land was constructed to quickly solve a problem with DCA's opening and has been a serviceable place to meet the needs of younger children ever since. Could it be better, sure, but it does serve a need. Most of the people that want to replace it are usually saying "use the space for something I might be interested in" but a Disney Park should contain something for everyone even if you are 4, 5, or 6. And if you remove It's Tough To Be A Bug, the little rides of It's A Bug's Land occupy such a small footprint that nothing of significant impact could be put in their anyway.

I've never been on a single ride in Bug's Land but as been mentioned before, I also like to take pictures there. Wonderful shots of children enjoying their Disney experience are everywhere. The place is also delightfully decorated for Christmas as well. I think the thought of flying through the air in a box of Chinese take-out is incredibly charming and the voice of Heimlich and the smell of watermelon break me up every time.

My thought has always been to move the Gadget Go Coaster into Bug's Land and make the wasted space of ToonTown (not including Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin) the target.
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Get ride of it...maybe move some of the rides to the Pier and retheme them...but for the most park Id rather see the space used for Carsland or Hollywood

I am a little torn about this. On one hand I could see the space being used for something much more impressive. The film was good at the time but has been overshadowed by better and more recent Pixar/Disney productions. But like others have mentioned I do think it is well done and provides little Disney fans an area at DCA that they can really enjoy.(My 1 year old had a blast on the rides during my last visit) I also enjoy the shade and the splash area on a warm day.

• Sharkslayer

Thanks to DrFink.

I Think, An area of Wreck-It Ralph will replace A Bug's Land, and expand the area.

My wife and I at age 32 and 28 went on all the rides in Bug's Land. I would so love to take our son there since he'll be two in April. It is a simple little land and I think serves its purpose.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

If Disney sees the purpose of the parks as a place to stage and sell their characters, it won't ever be removed; DCA has Crush from Nemo and Monsters Inc. in Hollywood Land, Toy Story on the Pier, entire lands for a bugs life and Cars. Apart from that they showcase the Muppets, Mickey Mouse and Goofy plus the Disney characters from The Little Mermaid. Are these "DCA's characters"?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

If Disney sees the purpose of the parks as a place to stage and sell their characters, it won't ever be removed; DCA has Crush from Nemo and Monsters Inc. in Hollywood Land, Toy Story on the Pier, entire lands for a bugs life and Cars. Apart from that they showcase the Muppets, Mickey Mouse and Goofy plus the Disney characters from The Little Mermaid. Are these "DCA's characters"?
    Yeah but Bugs land does not bring people to the park...Carsland did...so why would they not build a new land/sub land to draw more people in?

If Bugsland is there in ten years I will be very surprised

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast