View Poll Results: 'a bug's land'

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's time to build something better

41 41.84%
  • Let's wait and get a few more years out of it

16 16.33%
  • No, keep it. It would be a waste of money to take it out now.

9 9.18%
  • No, I love it. I'd be disappointed to see it go.

26 26.53%
  • No, I think it needs to be expanded!

4 4.08%
  • Move it to one of the Disney hotels.

2 2.04%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: bug's land: Should I stay or should I go?

I'd like to see it replaced with something that would add to the California theme and a bug's land small footprint could be better used for a small NoS style land. But there's other things that still need fixing in DCA and would prefer they continue there.
    Last edited by SidVicious; 02-26-2013 at 12:04 AM.

• Selfie Expert

I love the theming of Bugs Lands, and "It's Tough to be a Bug" is a great, unfortuantely underrated attractions. However, the rest of the area's attractions are rather lacking, in my opinion. Granted, I don't have children, but my personal opinion is that these rides are similar to what you'd find at any traveling carnival and are not up to Disney standards. I would love to see them plus the land rather than demolish it.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I love the theming of Bugs Lands, and "It's Tough to be a Bug" is a great, unfortuantely underrated attractions. However, the rest of the area's attractions are rather lacking, in my opinion. Granted, I don't have children, but my personal opinion is that these rides are similar to what you'd find at any traveling carnival and are not up to Disney standards. I would love to see them plus the land rather than demolish it.
    Agreed, it's the quality of the rides, not the themeing that for me is the problem.

It's true there are other areas of the park which are weaker in theme, but as far as DCA's next evolution, I think this area plus the expansion pad between Tower of Terror and Carsland should be combined to provide a larger space for DCA's FINAL land. I can sacrifice this area for one final land that evokes a great California destination or that puts the park on the map. If Little Mermaid is DCA's Mansion, then let's get a Western River Expedition or some other E ticket to be the equivalent of DCA's Pirates of the Caribbean ride.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Agreed, it's the quality of the rides, not the themeing that for me is the problem.

It's true there are other areas of the park which are weaker in theme, but as far as DCA's next evolution, I think this area plus the expansion pad between Tower of Terror and Carsland should be combined to provide a larger space for DCA's FINAL land. I can sacrifice this area for one final land that evokes a great California destination or that puts the park on the map. If Little Mermaid is DCA's Mansion, then let's get a Western River Expedition or some other E ticket to be the equivalent of DCA's Pirates of the Caribbean ride.
    I too agree that the poor quality defeats the purpose of immaculate theming. As spot-on as the theming is at Bug's Land, the rides are short on ride time, length and speed. It really needs to give way to better rides annexed into another land (save It's Tough To Be A Bug). Possibly, the land could be torn out and rebuilt bigger by dedicating annezed new repurposed land to it...say the wharf area. Or purhaps Disney could just build a new larger Bug's Land elsewhere.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

The majority says, it's time to go. So maybe instead of throwing good money after bad (converting Superstar Limo into Monsters Inc, then possibly converting the entire back lot of Hollywood land to Monstropolis...) - well maybe it's time for Disney to rethink both the back lot and bugs land areas and do up a proper Hollywood Land worthy of the name, worthy of the Disney name, worthy of the Disney Studios brand, a worthy competitor to Universal.

• Disney/WWE/Anime fan

Its still popular for the young families.. but its so small and some of the rides are not worth the 20 min lines at times.. its a good size for now..but something can be done to improve its features despite theres no room to expand both ways

• Mickey's cousin, Sparky!

Phoenix, AZ -- wishing I were on the 10-60-91-57

I say keep it just improve some of the attractions. For those with young kids, it is a necessity as it is perfect for them. Those without kids or older kids in my opinion are probably the ones who are more likely to want it removed.

I just think they should improve them a bit. The theming was great but a bumper car ride that barely bumps isn't great.

Same thing for Heimlich, he just needs a better ride. Although with as poor as that ride is, it may need the bulldozer treatment to bring it up to snuff.

Most of the rides seem to be on shorter ride times than other rides. Lengthening the ride times could be an improvement.

My kids love that place. One one trip, they rode Francis 20 times in a row until I pried them out of there.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Is "fun for the WHOLE family" still the credo for Walt Disney Parks?

I think most of it should stay. Hemlich's chew chew train should go. If they add a small coaster (think gadget's go coaster of Toontown) the land would be more parent friendly. The land is an absolute must visit for the kids in my family.

I also like how the park has so many routes. There are three entries into this land and families can definitely kill and hour in there. It would be nice if Its tough to be a bug could be replaced. Or built on top of... if thats possible. (i dont know how much of it is underground. Theater shows have seen there time.

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    As you walk down Hollywood Blvd., everything on your left can go, too. Bulldoze it, remodel it, or something in between. But it's almost blocked off like an annex. But so is 'a bug's land' - I manage to visit DCA without ever stumbling through, it's a bit out of the way.
    Going between PP and ToT, or Cars Land and ToT. It's a nice shortcut.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I think what Disney will do is leave it alone for now, perhaps concentrate on placemaking opportunities in Hollywood Land and Grizzly Peak. Then, when they're ready to develop the plot behind Cars Land and Tower of Terror, they might sacrifice a bug's land in order to fit a larger footprint to their last expansion pad.

Whether the 7-Eleven and motels at the corner of the property will ever go away, I don't know, but being as they're behind the large high capacity power lines, unless it's an extended show building, I don't see guests going back that far.

I feel like it's very outdated. I feel like something fresh like a Wreck It Ralph land would be fantastic.

I don't dislike a Bug's Life themed land, in theory, but the Bug's Land we got is just cheap -- full of rides you'd find at every carnival across the country.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by disneydisneygeek View Post
    I feel like it's very outdated. I feel like something fresh like a Wreck It Ralph land would be fantastic.
    In a theme park themed to Wreck It Ralph, maybe. It doesn't make sense at DCA.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234