View Poll Results: Canoes?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love them! It's a true immersive experience!

91 79.82%
  • I hate them! Too much work!

7 6.14%
  • I've never been on them and/or I am opinionless

16 14.04%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Disneymom

Re: Are you a fan of Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes?

love the ride, love the instructors. very handsome.

• Minion

In my ten years as an Attractions Host, I never thought of the handsomeness of Canoes CMs exceeding the looks of other Hosts from other areas. I mean, I did date a Canoes guy for a while, and he certainly looked darn good . So yes, the attraction certainly had their handsome guys (like all attractions did). But they also had a lot of typical average guys too. Like all attractions did. Just my observation.

I love, love , love the canoes... what other park has anything so unique. you cant go to knotts and ride on canoes. six flags??? ya the canoes rock. so fun, you get wet from other guests that may not know what they are doing but just knowing that every ride will be different makes them a keeper.

• Sock Puppet

I kinda wish there was a "indifferent" option. I've ridden them, I could go the rest of Disneyland life never riding them again. I think I would like them more if you could actually break from paddling every couple hundred feet to actually take in the awesome view at that perspective but you can't. They work you like a horse to the point I don't really find them fun. Growing up we had a canoe (that tipped over quite a bit) but that was such a better experience than the Davy Crockett Canoes.
    The best thing about the last time we got on them when was my son dropped his paddle in the water and the CM at the back end gave him such a hard time about. Him teasing a 6 year was soooo classic and fun.

I enjoy the canoes but I just want to take pictures the whole time and not paddle...

Thankfully they still have this ride at Disneyland. The Rivers of America at WDW were neutered a long time ago and the park is a lesser park as a result.

• -

I like seeing the canoes go around the river, but I'll pass on the ride. I go kayaking every summer at Catalina. When I go to Disneyland, I want the ride system to be something other than muscle power.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• DL Vistor Since 1968

I love the canoes! They provide a unique perspective when circling the Rivers of America. The view from the lowest deck of the Mark Twain is similar, but you're not as close to the "wildlife". They're unique to Disneyland; I hope they stay.

Quote Originally Posted by ILVDL View Post
    I kinda wish there was a "indifferent" option.
    That's the third option ("opinionless" means the same as "indifferent").

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by PiecesOfEight View Post
    That's the third option ("opinionless" means the same as "indifferent").
    Actually, to me "opinionless" means just that, not having an opinion. Except I do have an opinion and it is that they are kinda of "meh" to me...I don't LOVE them and I don't HATE them.
    There should have been a Love option, a Hate option, a OK option and then the I've never ridden them option which to me is quite different than I've ridden them and they're just okay.

• Foolish Mortal

My wife and I finally rode these for the first time two weeks ago. We both are so. cal natives and grew up going to the parks, but had never been on them. It was a blast, and it was also pretty funny trying to keep everyone paddling in sync. She was behind a younger gal, looked like a jr. high schooler whom wasn't very coordinated, and was unknowingly splashing my wife on nearly every stroke of the paddle, it was comedy. It seems like if they sat people every other row, it might eliminate the clanking of paddles between guests, but that is all part of the experience.

Would I ride them again, maybe.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMountain1974 View Post
    I enjoy the canoes but I just want to take pictures the whole time and not paddle...
    Sold. I'm riding these my next visit.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• New Member Goes Forth

Never been on them, but they do add an unique sight on the Rivers of America
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• Evil is Sexy

We enjoy it. We've learned to switch sides back and forth, to keep one side from getting too sore.
    Last time we were on it, there was a large family on with us. Their pre-teen kid kept dragging his paddle in the water. He was two seats ahead of me. My husband leans over halfway through and says "We're listing to my side.. what the heck?" I nodded and on my next paddle stroke, wacked the kids paddle, which made him jump, look at me and get wide eyes as I shook my head very slowly. He paddled the rest of the way and there was no more drag on my side of the canoe.

I am impressed that the CM's can paddle the canoes without any help from us. I just don't want to make them work that hard in the heat and sun.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I like seeing the canoes go around the river, but I'll pass on the ride. I go kayaking every summer at Catalina. When I go to Disneyland, I want the ride system to be something other than muscle power.

That's part of the charm and quality of this ride. It provides enjoyment even to those not riding it. I think this is part of the reason why the People Mover is so missed. That movement provided life to the area, which adds so much to the experience of even those not riding.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast