Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

re: Disney cancels SoCal ticket deals (Merged Threads)

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    What they should have done was keep the local discounts on single day tickets and get rid of all the lower level passes and the payment plan. Just keep the Premium and Premier passes.
    Guess what's coming next? That and CM's Main Gate passes. Since there wasn't too much of an uproar (that I've noticed) in them taking away the Holiday Parties, I can see this doing this as they've been looking at it for a long time now.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

The only time I went to DL is when they offered both parks for the price of one when I lived in San Diego, and I know my siblings have decided not to go this year since it would end up costing too much.

For me, I stopped going to Disney last year, for the money spent, I can go to a nice tropical hideway somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    What they should have done was keep the local discounts on single day tickets and get rid of all the lower level passes and the payment plan. Just keep the Premium and Premier passes.
    They don't need the discout local ticket traffic, I would not be surprised to see the lower 2 AP levels go away also, but they NEED the payment plan. It allows them to continue to increase the price of the APs and make the increase workable for most of the paying public.
    the way the daily ticket prices increases have been going, it would not surprise me if they started selling single day park hoppers with a payment plan!

• Minion

It will be interesting to see what they keep the next round of increases.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

What you all forget, is that these deals were there to get people into the struggling DCA. That was the main reason for them. Now that DCA has been renovated and people are heading to DCA first instead of Disneyland, these deals are no longer needed.

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by oddball View Post
    What you all forget, is that these deals were there to get people into the struggling DCA. That was the main reason for them. Now that DCA has been renovated and people are heading to DCA first instead of Disneyland, these deals are no longer needed.
    The So Cal Resident discounts had been around since about the time of the one day tickets (Mid 80s). I remember the breif period of time they offered the Discounted So Cal tickets to residents for the two months between Indy opening in March and the busy summer crowds. That being said, I doubt this descision had anything to do with crowds and more to do with pricing and convincing folks to come more than anything else (which in a weird way would indicate the crowds are not what they were intending).

• Minion

I think it makes better business sense to offer the 2fer discount all year and drop the SoCal annual pass. This way, a family would be buying more of the 2fer tickets rather than spend for a one time purchase of a pass, and have some control of budgetary issues.

• 2 shots on the rocks.

If you can pack the parks with hard ticket guest why wouldn't you? It just makes sense.

• Not on the Jedi Council

Thumbs down No So Cal Discounts/Park Hoppers this year

This just in from Disney owned KABC:
    Disneyland ends discount for Southern California residents during slow season | abc7.com

ANAHEIM, Calif. (KABC) -- Disneyland is pulling the plug on a popular perk for locals. For years, Southern Californians got a discount during the slow season.

Local guests could visit both parks over two days for under $100. Now, they'll have to pay as much as everybody else.

The decision follows the increasing success of California Adventure, which saw record attendance after the debut of its $1 billion makeover last June."
    I can only guess how much the APs will be raised up this year.

• -

Re: No So Cal Discounts/Park Hoppers this year

"You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Seeker of Fun

Re: No So Cal Discounts/Park Hoppers this year

I think this is good. Make prices equal to what you get in return. In my opinion, the prices have been too low for years, and with that comes a falsely inflated park. It's no longer somewhere you go for a dream vacation, it's somewhere you hang it in the evenings.
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• "I Break Things"

Re: Disney cancels SoCal ticket deals (Merged Threads)

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    If you can pack the parks with hard ticket guest why wouldn't you? It just makes sense.
    Who said all, or even a majority, of the guests were actual ticket buyers?

The way I see it Disney is now trying to cull the herd. They want to show the tourist industry that it isn't just a "local" park and that there is room for tourists. They're also doing the AP extended hours, again to try and manipulate the visiting hours of AP's so tourists "have more room in the mornings". I posted an interesting discussion about that decision. But bottom line the park is crowded these days... so much so that the tourists are starting to shorten their visits or go elsewhere all together. I can't say I blame them. Who wants to pay Disney's inflated prices only to be greeted by a wall of people and long waits for everything?
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Re: Disney cancels SoCal ticket deals (Merged Threads)

Meanwhile, in Florida, $129 gets you four parks/four days right now.

I grew up in Florida and keep valid Florida ID. Might have to swing on by.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12