Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disney cancels SoCal ticket deals (Merged Threads)

Looks like Socal residents won't have the 2 for 1 tickets this year. Since Cars Land attendance is up, no more discounts.

Disneyland and Disney California Adventure are doing too well at the gate since Cars Land.Disney cancels SoCal ticket deals | california, disney, disneyland - Entertainment - The Orange County Register
    Thanks for Noticing Me.

• No Disassemble!

re: Disney cancels SoCal ticket deals (Merged Threads)

Could this be a push to get even more SoCal residents to commit to AP's? Or have they already "turned"?
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Under that tree again!

I'm not sure this is news.

It would of been in December, but as January came and went it was obvious not going to happen.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Fireworks Finatic!

There are those that are disappointed about this, of course, and say they won't go. But anyone who goes to the parks regularly through the year can see it's definitely more busy over all. There are really no more "slow" days.. even in January! Makes you wonder how are so many kids off from school in late January on a Wednesday?? So of course, Disney sees no reason to offer discounts.. They are a business.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal View Post
    There are those that are disappointed about this, of course, and say they won't go. But anyone who goes to the parks regularly through the year can see it's definitely more busy over all. There are really no more "slow" days.. even in January! Makes you wonder how are so many kids off from school in late January on a Wednesday?? So of course, Disney sees no reason to offer discounts.. They are a business.

Ummm not so much, there is slow days, i am one of those that goes park reguarly,show me busy because the only busy i know if is NYE and around xmas time.. I have a feeling that they aren't offering the discount anymore since DCA has become such a popular park now with Carsland in and the remodel done that most day ticketers that would have normally bought a ticket for each member of the family or themselves have now experienced Carsland and what DCA now has to offer and probably decided it was better to get a AP.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I'm not sure this is news.

It would of been in December, but as January came and went it was obvious not going to happen.
    Don't really know.
    I saw this on OC Register about an hour before posting here.
    Unless Disney wanted to see how attendance was going to be the first two months before making a decision.
    Personally I have noticed an attendance increase everytime I have gone. Compared to this time last year.
    Thanks for Noticing Me.

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    Ummm not so much, there is slow days, i am one of those that goes park reguarly,show me busy because the only busy i know if is NYE and around xmas time.. I have a feeling that they aren't offering the discount anymore since DCA has become such a popular park now with Carsland in and the remodel done that most day ticketers that would have normally bought a ticket for each member of the family or themselves have now experienced Carsland and what DCA now has to offer and probably decided it was better to get a AP.
    Pretty much what she said there are still slow days. Especially the times of year the park is open 10-8. If you go on one of those weeks on a Tuesday through Thursday you will love life

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Pretty much what she said there are still slow days. Especially the times of year the park is open 10-8. If you go on one of those weeks on a Tuesday through Thursday you will love life
    If the passes were limited to Tues-Thurs, it might be a good deal for Disney, but as they were available to use every day, it doesn't make sense to make Fri-Mondays busier.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Wow...business must be Great

• Disney Fan 4 Life

Guess the local guests that supported through the leaner times aren't needed. They are pulling in money and as its been made readily apparent, the bottom line is the only thing. Sad really. Lets hope that the new land will keep doing so, as local consumers may not be so ready to return if its needed later.
    Last edited by Acpisme; 02-18-2013 at 09:50 PM.
    Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy.

“To all who come to this happy place; welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past...and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America...with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world.” - Walt Disney, Disneyland Opening Day Speech 1955

View my new Budget Disney Blog here: http://budgetdisneylandresort.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    If you go on one of those weeks on a Tuesday through Thursday you will love life
    And if you dont? (O_O)

• Circle of Ancients

No big surprise here at all. And the "slow days" are during the week, I don't think the 2fer's were bringing people to the parks during the week anyway.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    Guess the local guests that supported through the leaner times aren't needed. They are pulling in money and as its been made readily apparent, the bottom line is the only thing. Sad really. Lets hope that the new land will keep doing so, as local consumers may not be so ready to return if its needed later.
    Think the 'locals' for the most part own APs and dont really buy hard tickets anymore
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Acpisme View Post
    Truth. Well said.

• -

What they should have done was keep the local discounts on single day tickets and get rid of all the lower level passes and the payment plan. Just keep the Premium and Premier passes.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast