Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

• I'm from Canada eh!

Re: Has Universal Orlando passed DLR as the #2 theme park resort in the U.S.?

Expansion doesn’t equate progress; in fact one could surmise that the rapid expansion that USO is doing is simply just to keep up with DLR and WDW. I also have to wonder if USO has to pay Disney for Marvel Characters in the park. Is it possible that Disney could still benefit from USO visitors, and they didn't need to drop a dime?

Quote Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
    That, my friend, all comes down to brand recognition, loyalty, and familiarity.
    Those are some pretty big ingredients to the recipe if you want to start making claims to being the best. Come tell me when the Superbowl MVP tells the camera he's going to Universal ok?

Disney is not all I know. I've been to Unirversal and gave it a fair shot many times. I leave everytime entertained, but I don't feel connected to anything there. You're right, quantity does not mean quality. So why do you insist on the quantity of projects Universal has going on means it is better quality than Disney?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandDragon View Post
    Those are some pretty big ingredients to the recipe if you want to start making claims to being the best. Come tell me when the Superbowl MVP tells the camera he's going to Universal ok?

Disney is not all I know. I've been to Unirversal and gave it a fair shot many times. I leave everytime entertained, but I don't feel connected to anything there. You're right, quantity does not mean quality. So why do you insist on the quantity of projects Universal has going on means it is better quality than Disney?
    No, what I mean is the amount of people does not equate to the quality of their experience. Joe Flacco went to Disney World because it's been around longer, it's a household name, and it's a tradition. Of course, that's all an advertising stunt anyway so who's to say he really wants to go there anyway? Lots of celebrities make face in Universal but are curiously absent from any Disney parks...

I honestly think you haven't been to Universal, or at least seen it recently, so really this conversation is moot.

• Senior Minion

Meanwhile what did DLR do after their expansion? Add a princess meet and greet and leave Hollywoodland and PP incomplete. IMO, their food service is worse than ever and they continue to sell stale merchandise that's generic. They push the blandness of all their parks with the 'One Disney' initiative. A big new ride that always breaks down and a new entrance that replaced a godawful one isn't all that revolutionary. And the fact is, even if DLR does get moving, they're still behind, and will continue to be because USO shows no signs of slowing down.
    Exactly right. And speaking of "no signs of slowing down," I think Universal's increasing energy and Disney's continuing lethargy are indicative of the internal cultures and mindsets of both companies. Disney's beancounter-driven management hierarchy is notorious for shackling whatever creative resources it hasn't kicked out the door to the competition in the last 15 years. It is top-heavy with Accountaneers and creatively underpowered -- astonishingly underpowered when you consider its heritage. Never in the last half century has its reputation as the #1 theme park visionary been an easier target for a #2 competitor that wants to try harder.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   
    • Minion

USO didn't start expanding until sometime after their numbers rose from the WWoHP success though. Shouldn't we give DLR some time to plan out their next move and announce it as well? DLR is finishing up the Princess meet and greet as well as the new FL show. With a D23 convention slated for this year I will reserve judgement until then. If they don't announce a new attraction or expansion at that time I would feel there could be room for complaining. I still don't think USO is even close to DLR though.

No, what I mean is the amount of people does not equate to the quality of their experience. Joe Flacco went to Disney World because it's been around longer, it's a household name, and it's a tradition. Of course, that's all an advertising stunt anyway so who's to say he really wants to go there anyway? Lots of celebrities make face in Universal but are curiously absent from any Disney parks...

I honestly think you haven't been to Universal, or at least seen it recently, so really this conversation is moot.
    I have been to Universal many times and was there right after Potter opened. It is cool, but it is really nothing that would make me think Disney is in trouble. So when I say the quality of my experience at Universal is entertaining but not magical, try not to be so upset over my opinion.Celebrities absent at Disneyland? There is a huge thread here dedicated to celebrity sightings at Disneyland. Adding a bunch of recent/current film franchises to their park is somehow not a cheap advertising stunt designed to draw in the crowds? I honestly think you have a problem with somebody not seeing things your way. I gave USO it's credit many times already, just because I will not agree that is becoming the #2 park does not mean you have to be a baby and call what I say is moot. Grow up kiddo! Your dismissive behavior towards everything I say shows you have nothing to counter with. Disney has experience, and history, been around longer, blah, blah, blah...You are an excuse machine.

USO has a looooooong way to go before it can call itself the #2 theme park. Progress, quality, future expansion, you sound like a corporate exec at a share holder's meeting! I'm not buying because my eyes have seen and been to both and USO is not even close to the DLR experience.

• Minion

I have been to Universal many times and was there right after Potter opened. It is cool, but it is really nothing that would make me think Disney is in trouble. So when I say the quality of my experience at Universal is entertaining but not magical, try not to be so upset over my opinion.Celebrities absent at Disneyland? There is a huge thread here dedicated to celebrity sightings at Disneyland. Adding a bunch of recent/current film franchises to their park is somehow not a cheap advertising stunt designed to draw in the crowds? I honestly think you have a problem with somebody not seeing things your way. I gave USO it's credit many times already, just because I will not agree that is becoming the #2 park does not mean you have to be a baby and call what I say is moot. Grow up kiddo! Your dismissive behavior towards everything I say shows you have nothing to counter with. Disney has experience, and history, been around longer, blah, blah, blah...You are an excuse machine.

USO has a looooooong way to go before it can call itself the #2 theme park. Progress, quality, future expansion, you sound like a corporate exec at a share holder's meeting! I'm not buying because my eyes have seen and been to both and USO is not even close to the DLR experience.
    This made me laugh.

Look, we'll agree to disagree big man. How's that?

This made me laugh.

Look, we'll agree to disagree big man. How's that?
    The whole argument is moot. People will just like what they like and think what they think. Neither of us is wrong really.

• Minion

The whole argument is moot. People will just like what they like and think what they think. Neither of us is wrong really.
    Yesssss....it's not a huge deal dude lol...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345