• Dont make me unfriend you

AAA Discount at Disneyland

We are planning on a Disney trip in April of this year. We will not be buying AP's just tickets for 2 or 3 days. What discounts/benefits do a AAA membership give at Disneyland? We are thinking if we save enough in discounts, we would purchase AAA membership.

Thanks!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: AAA Discount at Disneyland

AAA for Disneyland tickets requires buying the tickets at a AAA office. They usually don't stock them unless it's in the DLR region. The discount isn't much... I think it was going to be like $10/ticket or something on a 3 day? Certainly not cheaper to buy AAA just for the discount.

Costco on the other hand has discounts that are big enough that might be worth buying the membership just to get. You can head to a Costco in the area and see if they have tickets and it was cost effective if they had them.. to buy a membership.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

I live in Las Vegas and my dad got me a AAA membership for Valentine's Day, so I immediately called and asked about the discounts. Ticket discounts start at a 2-day ticket and longer and were priced the same as the convention rates. I didn't ask (because my hotel is already booked) but they also have Hotel rates I believe. There are no in-park AAA discounts.

• Chief Troublemaker

I'm an AAA member & have found that the AAA rates on hotel+ticket packages have been cheaper than booking through Disney when we've gone. The 'extras' may not be the same, usually the AAA package hasn't included a 'character meal' but since we don't have little ones we don't really care. Not sure how they compare to Costco or other places. I've also found that I've been able to book a 'standard view' room (this was at the Grand) through AAA when the Disney website says there are none available. Current AAA (Nor Calif) online prices for Hoppers are the same as Disney's online rate. There are NO discounts in the park for AAA members. Not sure about DTD.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

AAA tickets let you park in the Mickey & Friends garage for free. A $15 a day benefit.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I have purchased tickets at my local AAA offices here in AZ, without a problem. Our AAA offices are set up so that they simply print up the ticket for the type of ticket that you want, and youreceive it right on the spot OR you may purchase tickets from home right online (I just checked to make sure you can do that, and yes, if you are a AAA member and registered with AAA online you may do that. )

And yes, Disney Parking is included on the ticket for no additional charge. (I took advantage of that on my trip last August.) And ONE magic moring is also included.

AAA members are also eligible for a 20% discount on the various Disneyland Tours (Walk in Walt's Footsteps, Welcome to DL Tour, Discover the Magic Tour, etc)

• Minion

I would suggest looking online at the AAA website. There are restaurants that accept it also.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Malcon10t View Post
    I would suggest looking online at the AAA website. There are restaurants that accept it also.
    I was at the Earl of Sandwich today and was told that they have a 15% AAA discount. BTW, the line was fast, the food was on a whole good, and the employees were very good.

While we're on the E of S, next week is the end of a Monday & Tuesdays only special 20% AP discount. (I think it might be 10% normally. Not a bad deal considering that almost all of the sandwiches are 6.99. (20 oz. soft drinks are $1.99.)

More on the E of S: I liked the Hawaiian BBQ sandwich, but I thought the "Original 1762 was kind of disgusting. (I could barely taste the horseradish added to the ton of mayo.) I'm looking forward to trying the Caribbean Jerk.

Thank you to the E of S cash register worker who informed me about the discount I got without my asking!

• Dont make me unfriend you

Thanks for the responses everybody! I hadn't thought about Costco. I will look into that. We have 7 in our family so even a small savings on the tickets add up. Everybody had good points. The parking for a few days alone pays for half of it.

Thanks again!