Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Wished I lived closer!

But tickets now or wait?

Quick question...we are going to DL in June and want to buy a 4 day park hopper pass. Is there any remote chance that Disney will be offering a promotional deal like they are now (free park hopper upgrade through March 11th)? Or what are the chances that they will raise the rates before we go? I'd like to get the tickets now to get it out of the way... plus it makes me feel better getting them now instead of plunking it all down when we get there! Spreading out the thousands of dollars we are going to spend seems like we aren't spending as much

• The doctor is in

Re: But tickets now or wait?

I would go ahead and just buy them now. That way you have them. There really isn't any reason to wait until you get there.

The only time I bought tickets when I got to the park was in October due to the fact that I was buying military discounted tickets. My base's MWR was behind and didn't have the tickets.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

If you buy your tickets now, just be sure to read the rules on the back for the "use by" date. Have a great trip!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

• Under that tree again!

I would buy now, the tickets good for all of 2013. For a 4 day ticket I could see a deal as a possibility in the summer. I think you may save more beating the price increase that is more likely to happen before your visit.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I would buy now, the tickets good for all of 2013. For a 4 day ticket I could see a deal as a possibility in the summer. I think you may save more beating the price increase that is more likely to happen before your visit.
    Aren't you able to call Disney when they run deals, and they will adjust the price for you?

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I'm just making an educated guess here, but considering that they have already said they won't be doing the 2fer deals for So Cal residents, I don't think they will be putting forth any great discounts on tickets for the summer season. DCA has proven that it can now draw in crowds on its own, and they no longer need to discount to get people into the park. I think you would be safe buying them now. While they may not increase before the end of summer, I don't think the price will get any better either.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by MikkiandtheMouse View Post
    Aren't you able to call Disney when they run deals, and they will adjust the price for you?
    When you have a reservation yes, but when you are purchasing tickets no.

With a hotel or packagehotel+tickets), you can adjust to a new rate, once inside the no cancelation period you can change it too, but it may not be worth it because of the cancelation fee. What you are really doing is cancelling and making a new reservation and what you paid is transferred from the old to new purchase.

With tickets and APs you buy them, and own them, wether you use them or not. You can't simply return them or get your money back.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Minion

I do not think you will see discounts after March 11. And I do think we will see price increases before the summer.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

I would check out costco... our local costco here in NorCal has 4 day PH for $25 off the disney price plus you get $25 costco cash!

• Wished I lived closer!

Thanks all! I assumed there would be no deals to be had so I think I will go ahead and get them now...as far as Costco is concerned, they do sometimes offer the tickets online but you still have to be a SoCal resident and show your id when you get to the park. Sadly, I am not a SoCal resident and am stuck in the cold and rainy Northwest

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I almost always bought my ticket when I made my airline reservation. Once I knew that I was definitely going, I liked to have my park ticket bought, incase the price went up. I would always buy it online, and have it sent to my home.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

• Under that tree again!

Carefull about buying those. They are the current special and must be used for entry before Spring Break, or on March 11th specifically.
    Be Cool Stay in School!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Does anyone know if SLC Costco's have the disneyland tickets right now?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast