Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Another Possible 24 hour Event

While in the park yesterday I overheard two CMs talking about a 24 hour event that could happen next month. I hope it doesn't happen as it loses the "magic" of last years Leap Year Day even if Disney tries this every year now, also it turned Disneyland into Woodstock.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Re: Another Possible 24 hour Event

In other words, if this turns out to be a real thing - stay far, far away.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by BasilofBakerStreet View Post
    While in the park yesterday I overheard two CMs talking about a 24 hour event that could happen next month. I hope it doesn't happen as it loses the "magic" of last years Leap Year Day even if Disney tries this every year now, also it turned Disneyland into Woodstock.
    In a month the park will already be busy, why do a special event. Don't CMs know anything.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

I can see Disney doing another 24-hour event. Yes, it was a HUGE disaster for staffing, but for ticket sales and merch it meant big bucks. One of the things Disney loved about the event was that it not only brought in APers but those APers spent money on stuff. Guests paid money for stuff. Everyone there probably bought food IN the park becomes coming and going was such a nightmare.

If Disney can properly plan and prepare for something like "Another Disney Day", I think they absolutely would do it, because from a business standpoint, all they saw was money.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    In a month the park will already be busy, why do a special event. Don't CMs know anything.
    CM's hear a lot of rumors through their managers. Things happen and things don't. "Don't CMs know anything" is a bit harsh.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• -

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    CM's hear a lot of rumors through their managers. Things happen and things don't. "Don't CMs know anything" is a bit harsh.
    This.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Officially, certain weekends in March and April will be Spring Break, but May will still be the off-season until mid-June. There are plenty of opportunities for a 24 hour event before the Summer season.

• Chief Troublemaker

Interesting. Made me wonder what could be happening in March to warrant a 24 hr event. St Patrick's Day? Easter? Vernal Equinox? The only thing I could come up with would be something to tie in with Daylight Savings Time which begins 3/10. Since we actually lose an hour (spring forward, fall back) would they call the 24 hour event "One LESS Disney Hour"? LOL

As far as 'don't CMs know anything', IMHO, Disneyland is probably like most workplaces when it comes to employee rumors. Rumors fly here & there, half-heard things get repeated &/or embellished, someone's 'idea' gets turned into a 'fact'. And of course CMs talk among themselves about what they have heard. It's just kinda human nature and not specific to DLR. Heck, in a lot of workplaces, employee 'gossip' is the only way to find out what's going on because management isn't telling! The difference is that most workplaces aren't 'on stage' and don't have clients listening (intentionally or unintentionally) and overhearing things that are mighty interesting to a lot of people (including me). I guess the bottom line is to take it with a grain of salt whenever you overhear employees anywhere talking.
    Last edited by Stormy; 02-19-2013 at 01:46 PM.
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.​"

• World of Color

Maybe it will be part of "Limited Time Magic"

Only date I could come up with is 3-13-13 since it is a palindrome. Whatever date it is just avoid it at all cost, heck just avoid Anaheim in general that day.

I believe I heard last years 24 hour event was a huge day for people upgrading their tickets to APs, so I'm sure if the AP market is starting to die down a little after the price increase might be a good reason to do another 24 hour event.

• Parking Lot > DCA

Only date I could come up with is 3-13-13 since it is a palindrome. Whatever date it is just avoid it at all cost, heck just avoid Anaheim in general that day.
    Which is nearly impossible for someone who lives about one block from the Resort.

• -

Only date I could come up with is 3-13-13 since it is a palindrome.
    To be a palindrome it would have to read the same backwards and forwards. This is just a number with a lot of 3's and 1's in it.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

I don't foresee this happening. But, will keep my ears open!
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    To be a palindrome it would have to read the same backwards and forwards. This is just a number with a lot of 3's and 1's in it.
    If you remove the dashes, it is a palindrome.
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• The doctor is in

I had some cousins that had a 3-day pass during the Leap Year promo and they said they would never go to Disneyland on a 24-hour promotion ever again. From what I heard it was a complete disaster. My family also told me about the traffic crunch caused by the promo due to the backups on Harbor and Katella.

With that said, if another 24-hour promo happens I won't even consider it. I just hope it doesn't happen on a day that I am planning on being there.
    Please... put Guardians of the Galaxy in Tomorrowland.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast