• World of Color

Lightbulb Viewing Area For Fantasmic

While walking thru New Orleans Square through a busy summer night and you have to dodge people sitting down two hours before it evens starts is frustrating. So I think they should do what World of Color is currently doing and having a "showpass". You would go in the morning or in the afternoon to pick up your showpass at the Haunted Mansion Fastpass area and will tell u to return 30 minutes before the show starts. It would also have two standing areas similar to what World of Color has. One side of the line would be set up at the bottom of the Hungry Bear Restaurant and the other line would be near the Big Thunder Trial

Pros:
    1. Won't be so congested at night in the area
    2. Prevent anybody showing up and just sitting on the ground for two hours
    3. Have a more organized system

Cons:
    1. Having a lot of foot traffic around the Haunted Mansion Fastpass area
    2. People that can not find there line
    3. People that don't believe that Fantasmic needs a Showpass system

• Minion

Re: Viewing Area For Fantasmic

• Minion

Foot traffic in the HM FP area is not a bad idea, especially since the park attendance really can be spread out in the morning. Everyone rushes to Space Mountain or Indy but leave attractions at the farther ends of the park without lines. Forcing people there would certainly help this issue.

Not being able to find the line is a small issue. It can be printed on the FP or "show pass" and CMs can tell them when they hand out the passes. The location of the line would be a problem because there aren't many places in Disneyland where land can be devoted just for a line, but one possibility would be to use the Mark Twain/Columbia line after the final boarding and then just extend the line towards the trail. Benefits of this location would include some easy concessions sales since there's a cart there and that area is generally maneuverable.

• The doctor is in

I think the way they do the seating areas for WOC is pretty smooth so I wouldn't be opposed to this idea for Fantasmic. The only trick would be people trying to see both shows in one night. Getting a showpass for each attraction in the morning before they are gone would be really tough. You also wouldn't be able to guarantee the showpasses wouldn't overlap each other. An example being if there is a WOC show at 8:00 and another at 9:00 and there is a Fantasmic show at 8:30 and 9:30 there is no guaranteeing that you will get the 8:00 ticket for WOC and the 9:30 ticket for Fantasmic. All it does is force people to choose which show they want to see more.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

• World of Color

I do see your point there. But if you get a World of Color showpass at 8:00 and then you get to Disneyland and it they are distributing the 8:00 showing for fantasmic you just come back in a couple of hours when they are at the 9:30 showing.

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by WoC 95 View Post
    I do see your point there. But if you get a World of Color showpass at 8:00 and then you get to Disneyland and it they are distributing the 8:00 showing for fantasmic you just come back in a couple of hours when they are at the 9:30 showing.
    In the meantime you are wasting time you could be spending on something else. If you go and ride something and come back the showpasses could be gone by then.
    I see your point and it is doable. Like I said, it just makes people decide which show they want to see more and there isn't anything wrong with that. If people want to see both they will take the time to make sure they can.
    I wish Frozen would have never been made.

Not to mention that while you are sitting on your butt for two hours waiting for the show you are not spending $$$ elsewhere, which is why they encourage us to visit, right?

• World of Color

Quote Originally Posted by ohmyjustin View Post
    Foot traffic in the HM FP area is not a bad idea, especially since the park attendance really can be spread out in the morning. Everyone rushes to Space Mountain or Indy but leave attractions at the farther ends of the park without lines. Forcing people there would certainly help this issue.

Not being able to find the line is a small issue. It can be printed on the FP or "show pass" and CMs can tell them when they hand out the passes. The location of the line would be a problem because there aren't many places in Disneyland where land can be devoted just for a line, but one possibility would be to use the Mark Twain/Columbia line after the final boarding and then just extend the line towards the trail. Benefits of this location would include some easy concessions sales since there's a cart there and that area is generally maneuverable.
    Good point