Thread: WALL-E Ride

• Level 7 Galactic Hero

WALL-E Ride

With the Iron Man ride/Stark Expo in the talks for overtaking the Innoventions building, I was wondering if there could be another possibility if Iron Man would not fall through (I have been out of the loop for a while, so I don't know anything recently about the project). What if Disney could take advantage of the robot arm ride technology used in HP with its own twist?

Apparently, ImagineerJohn from RCT3 had this created a while back. All I can say is...DANG.

Wall-e The Extraordinar-e Adventure - Ride 2012 - YouTube

WALL-E could only work in Tomorrowland, and this idea is proof that WALL-E can work as a ride. All credit goes to ImagineerJohn from RCT3. Any thoughts?

"Don't worry...our Disneyland ride will come soon."

• Minion

Re: WALL-E Ride

Tony Baxter was actually working on a Wall-E dark ride for Tomorrowland a few years back, but it never got past the blue sky phase.

Fun idea though!

• -

I don't think Wall E fits in Tomorrowland. Tomorrowland is supposed to be about a better, brighter tomorrow. The dystopian vision portrayed in Wall E is contradictory to this.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• The doctor is in

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I don't think Wall E fits in Tomorrowland. Tomorrowland is supposed to be about a better, brighter tomorrow. The dystopian vision portrayed in Wall E is contradictory to this.
    Wall-E kind of was about a brighter tomorrow. The overall moral of the story was we can always rebuild and that we need to take care of the planet. If it was just about the lonely little robot on a destroyed Earth Wall-E would have never found the plant.

Might just be me.

• Dead men tell no tales.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFink View Post
    Wall-E kind of was about a brighter tomorrow. The overall moral of the story was we can always rebuild and that we need to take care of the planet. If it was just about the lonely little robot on a destroyed Earth Wall-E would have never found the plant.

Might just be me.
    No it's not just you, I agree, WALL-E would make a perfect fit in TL.

Also, whoever made that concept video should be hired by Disney right now. I honestly wish there was enough space to put the ENTIRE ride concept in TL but unless you took out autopia and the subs I doubt there would be enough room for the whole dark ride as the concept in the video seems massive.

• Filmmaker

I adore WALL•E, and that concept video is a lot of fun, but I'm not sure I'd want it in the Innoventions space. I think doing something themed around the Stark Expo is the perfect fit for the old Carousel theater seeing how much the Stark Expo paid homage to Walt Disney's Worlds Fair exhibits (they even got Richard Sherman to do a theme for it). I'm also sort of excited to see what WDI might do with the Marvel characters.

If they were to do a WALL•E attraction I would rather see them try to do something with the Magic Eye Theater/Backstage space by Space Mountain.

• Under that tree again!

I like WALL E but not this ride.

The pro are that it has lots of set, though that is pretty unrealistic. It didn't rely on a lot of animation.
    The cons are that the Kuka arm is spinning a lot and shifting little. It is far too rough to enjoy. The ride is really dark, and throws out a lot of the movie scenes without following the plot. It doesn't etablish where you are and what is happening, only that you are spinning through non sequential scenes.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• All-American

Shame Disney lost the rights to the KUKA arm on a track to Universal, huh?

•   
    • Artistic integrity

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Had they done up a ride that was basically the same plot from the film ... then - Yes .. totally does not fit the theme of a bright, optimistic Tomorrowland.

However ... if you take Wall-E himself, Eva, the Axiom ship, and outerspace .. you could have a new adventure that distances itself from the events of the film - on Earth.

I think we are all so tuned into thinking ... whatever movie comes out, we automatically believe the theme park counterpart means the same movie plot replayed out in full 3D reality. Fortunately that does not always happen. In the case of the Indy ride, and Radiator Springs Racers .... they are new adventures. Not the plot of the original film played out.

Quote Originally Posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
    Tony Baxter was actually working on a Wall-E dark ride for Tomorrowland a few years back, but it never got past the blue sky phase.

Fun idea though!
    In light of recent events ... (someone getting kicked out on to the curb) .... I'm ever more leery for the future of Tomorrowland.

A Tomorrowland remodel has been a running rumor .. oh .. since 2003. 10 years! Utterly ridiculous!

Nothing is getting done. It's just a carousel of running ideas .... stopping nowhere. Around, and around this goes .... when something is finally going to start ... no one knows!
    Last edited by Tomorrowland_1967; 02-20-2013 at 04:11 AM.

what ever happened to the little fully automated, intelligent WALL-E that roamed the park on his own interacting with guests? saw a vid of this somewhere awhile ago.
    Disneyland Trips:
    12/05(first time ever!) 8/09, 9/10, 4/11, and 6/13!

• New Member Goes Forth

That would be a perfect attraction for TL. It is a shame that Disney doeds not have the robotic arm technology for this. That would be awsome.
    The new Star Wars plot summery:

Episode 7: Luke discovers that Darth Vader is not his father, and goes on a search for his real father

Episode 8: Darth Vader is resurrected and goes on Jerry Springer, claiming he is Luke and Leia's father

Episode 9: Princes Leia is not Luke's sister, making him furious (we all know why...).

• i believe in faeries.

i would like to see more wall-e... i find he sorta gets forgotten about (not by disney per se, but just in general). whether this concept or another, i think he would be a perfect fit in tomorrowland.

• Nic

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    I like WALL E but not this ride.

The pro are that it has lots of set, though that is pretty unrealistic. It didn't rely on a lot of animation.
    The cons are that the Kuka arm is spinning a lot and shifting little. It is far too rough to enjoy. The ride is really dark, and throws out a lot of the movie scenes without following the plot. It doesn't etablish where you are and what is happening, only that you are spinning through non sequential scenes.
    Agreed!
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based on… if something is new, I reject it immediately because it’s frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Throw in some educational stuff and what you can do to stop our world from becoming the "dystopian vision portrayed in Wall E" and it would be perfect for EPCOT.
    "Nice work, pal"

•   

ill be honest im not the biggest fan of walle i dident like it much at all to be honest. but i give the man props he did a great job on this video and honestly i wouldn't mind going on this ride if it were to actually be created.