Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Disney Gram

Re: Balcony Seating For Fantasmic

In November it was $56.00 for balcony. (But park prices had not gone up yet)

I thought it was worth it...at least once. I would do it again, and certainly would make reservations if taking someone who had not been up there at all. We were first in, so got to get seats on the railing.

Did the Riverside in June, also $56.00, but children are $10.00 less (so I hear...was not applicable for me) I enjoyed these seats also. We had front row seats here too.
    Sharon
    Next Trip - Nov. 13-19 2011

ouch o_o those prices are pretty high I think 40-30 seems like it would be more fair praticularly with the rising costs of park admission

I wonder if the whole second balcony thing they're doing will lower the price any?

and they charge for seating on ground level? that should go down too if it's equal to the balcony or whatever

• Disneyland Goober

I went when I was younger...don't remember how much is was then (over 5 years ago). What I do remember is being so short that the railing was in my way when I was sitting. A little disappointing.

• Just Me

When we did it, it was for The Boy's b-day. He was totally decked out with the light up Apprentice hat and gloves. We were on the edge, so he was able to stand up, dance and act like he was the one making the fireworks happen. That night he was also the youngest up there, but no one seemed to mind. On the ground, there isn't enough room to move, let alone conduct the show. The year before we had tried to see it with several thousand of our closet friends. After, we ended up in a very scary jam up trying to head out of the area. By the time we had realized what was happening it was too late. I vowed never to put myself in that sort of situation ever again.

• Minion

My mama always told me to never be stingy with myself...

That having been said, I think everyone should experience everything Disneyland has to offer at least once, especially if you're a fan. Sure it's expensive, but hey, it's fun to splurge a little every once in a while.

*I'm talking outta my butt, since I've never seen it from the balcony myself Someday, just not THIS day *

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mousey Girl
    On the ground, there isn't enough room to move, let alone conduct the show.
    Great sentence! Just imagining a little boy conducting the show...
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Silent Lucidity

We did the Fantasmic Balcony Seating on 1/6/06. My DD really felt "special". The view was great, the place was packed. It was expensive, $118 for the two of us, but it was a one-time thing.

• Rock Star Minion

In reply to the OP, I'd never indulge myself or others. It's a good show that I watch if someone in the family wants to watch it (the youngest, last time I was there), or if we happen to be on that side of the park and happen to get a reasonable view. It's not a necessary attraction for us. I've seen it enough times to know that there are other attractions I could be experiencing instead.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Run Fast, Turn Left

We had one of our best park memories there. We treated ourselves to the show X-mas day. The show was great, the desserts sumptuous and the atmosphere looking down at a shoulder to shoulder crowd amazing. Sure the price is steep but the experience was well worth it.
    Kids, the seven basic food groups are GUM, PUFF PASTRY, PIZZA, PESTICIDES, ANTIBIOTICS, NUTRA-SWEET and MILK DUDS!!

• CM for 4 years!

The maximum number of guests on the balcony is 21.

A good night has 19. You can really feel the difference, even losing just two people.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

• Disney Gram

The night we went in November, the first show on Sunday, November 13, there were only 15 or 16 on the balcony...very nice!! And, begin first in and getting to pick our spots we were next to one of the little tables, so we had a place for our drinks, etc. Imagine with 21 it WOULD be a little crowded!!

The difference between the Riverside Premium seating and the balcony food wise....more selection in desserts and drinks on the balcony...also cheese trays, fresh fruit skewers on the balcony. And, food and drinks are available throughout the performance.

The n
    Sharon

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by ssturgeo
    I thought it was worth it...at least once. I would do it again, and certainly would make reservations if taking someone who had not been up there at all. We were first in, so got to get seats on the railing.
    Wow it sounds like a lot has changed in just a few years. When I went, the seats were reserved... so when you initially called is when they assigned the seats. Also, it looks like they squeezed in a few more seats, if they take up to 21 now as melmel said. It definitely wasn't that many when I went. In conjunction with the big jump in price (20%) I hope it doesn't take away from the experience. I would still like to do it again! They should give AP'ers a discount... since we go more than once!
    --Jonathan

• Disney Gram

Ooops...Don't think I made myself clear!

You are still seated on the balcony in the order in which your reservation was received...and, mine was the first, so got to enter first. But once inside, no, there were no "assigned seats"...got to pick our own.

I too would do it again!!

Don't think I made myself clear....yes, you still go
    Sharon

That's crazy, just grab a churro and watch it with everyone else. I never watch it anymore, it's a great time to go on rides!

• CM for 4 years!

Seating is based on the order by which you made the reservation and the Fantasmic! Balcony lead will decide the seating arrangement.
    Member of the Disney Class of 2005
    Disneyland CM for 4 years.
    May 6, 2005 - present.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast