Best Character Dining experience?

I will be going to Disneyland and DCA next week and really want to try character dining with my little family (childhood dream come true!) what does everyone hint is the bet food/experience? Is Ariel's grotto just princesses or do the princes join them too?

Re: Best Character Dining experience?

Quote Originally Posted by Devancamille View Post
    I will be going to Disneyland and DCA next week and really want to try character dining with my little family (childhood dream come true!) what does everyone hint is the bet food/experience? Is Ariel's grotto just princesses or do the princes join them too?
    <br>
    <br>Ariel's Grotto is the princesses and I haven't ever seen or heard of the princes joining them during the meal. &nbsp;That said, I would go the place that has the characters to want to see. &nbsp;I would put that consideration above food choices unless you have certain requirements on that end.

• The doctor is in

I ate breakfast at the PCH Grill in the Paradise Pier Hotel last October. I enjoyed it and it was a pretty interactive character breakfast. You meet Mickey when you walk in, they have a surf demo for the kids every half hour or so, and there are quite a few characters who walk around and mingle with the guests.
    I am so sick of Frozen I can't even describe the feeling.

food wise I would say that Storytellers Cafe at the Grand Californian is best, but if you are looking for a wider variety of characters then I would say goofy's kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel is great. We have seen Captain Hook, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, Chip/Dale, Aladdin, Mulan, Belle, and Snow White here so if you have kids who like different characters then this is the place to go!

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

All depends on what you are looking for. Goofy's Kitchen has been our favorite.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• They call me the Mayor...

Food wise I think Storytellers is the best, although I am not too big on their character selection, Kenai, Koda, Chipmunks, Terk, Meeko is the norm. Goofy's to me is more like a cheap Vegas buffet, and if the restaurant gets crowded the Character to Guest ratio is not very good. Expect to wait 90 min or so to see all the Characters. I prefer PCH Grill for really good food and a quality Character experience. As posted above, you will see Mickey and Minnie, and then usually Pluto, Daisy and Stitch. It's a smaller restaurant and usually not as crowded, which gives the Characters more time to visit at each table. Also the little "moments" that happen every so often are great for the kids.
    Pour still another glass,
    In Pinacoladaberg.
    Coconut milk with a pineapple splash.
    Donít forget that the Rum comes third!

• formerly very helpful

I've always been partial to Ariel's Grotto. The food is pretty good, and there's a lot of it. Also, I personally prefer the face characters since they seem more realistic and I can lose myself in the fantasy more than I can with a 5 and a half foot tall Mickey Mouse or giant Chipmunks.
    Also, the girls are usually real dolls.

Last September I ate at Ariel's Grotto and it was a great experiance. The food was very good. When you arrive, you get to meet and have your picture taken with Ariel, then throughout your meal the princesses come by your table for a quick chat and a picture. When I was there we got to see: Ariel (at the picture location), Belle, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella came to our table. I would go again.

• Minion

Surf's Up is great, character interaction was fantastic! (But we love Goofy's too...)
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by MikkiandtheMouse View Post
    Last September I ate at Ariel's Grotto and it was a great experiance. The food was very good. When you arrive, you get to meet and have your picture taken with Ariel, then throughout your meal the princesses come by your table for a quick chat and a picture. When I was there we got to see: Ariel (at the picture location), Belle, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella came to our table. I would go again.
    +1, I have a daughter so ariels grotto is a no brainer for us.