Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Sock Puppet

Re: Do they still ask for proof if ID when shopping?

uh yeah they ask for photo id when using Credit Cards, they have always done it to me, my photo is not on mine.. And they also ask for photo id specially when using the AP for discounts, they just wanna take precaution as you are the card holder in question. it's not meant or trying to be annoying..

so yes ur quesiton is, do they still do this? of course!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stitchy View Post
    Hey, we're lucky we get a discount with our AP's. You want them to take it away? Let people get the discount without really having an AP...Disney's solution will be that NOONE gets a discount
    Or...just have your friend give you the money and you buy the item and save a few bucks....I'm just saying it's pointless to make people show an ID since you could get around it so easily

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Or...just have your friend give you the money and you buy the item and save a few bucks....I'm just saying it's pointless to make people show an ID since you could get around it so easily

Park guests have done this ^, there is nothing wrong with it! i have done it with my friend because i get a better discount then her..I even had a few CM's suggest this when we are checking out at the gift shops

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^my confusion is then why ask for ID then? I mean I don't think I could bring my friends AP in and use it for discounts unless the ticket was activated at the park gates..could I?

• Minion

^my confusion is then why ask for ID then? I mean I don't think I could bring my friends AP in and use it for discounts unless the ticket was activated at the park gates..could I?
    Yes, you can. My son went with his school where he entered on the schools ticket, not using his AP. He was still able to use his AP for discounts. APs are NOT tied to the gates.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• -

Ohh no....someone is getting a 10% discount on a 25 dollars t shirt....that's not an AP but paid like 100 bucks to get in the parks...the criminals
    Stealing is stealing no matter how small it is. Just because someone spends $850 for an annual pass does not mean that they have the right to pocket a $1 item.

It’s not the individual amount that Disney is looking at. It’s the aggregate of all of those people taking a 10-15% discount on food and merchandise who aren’t entitled to such a discount. Disney is trying to reduce the total number. That means whatever amount they are able to deter by forcing the ID to match the pass is great.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    Stealing is stealing no matter how small it is. Just because someone spends $850 for an annual pass does not mean that they have the right to pocket a $1 item.

It’s not the individual amount that Disney is looking at. It’s the aggregate of all of those people taking a 10-15% discount on food and merchandise who aren’t entitled to such a discount. Disney is trying to reduce the total number. That means whatever amount they are able to deter by forcing the ID to match the pass is great.
    Yeah I'm sure it stops a few people but overall I think most people go with there friends who have APs and can get the discount anyway

• -

Yeah I'm sure it stops a few people but overall I think most people go with there friends who have APs and can get the discount anyway
    Any deterrent to system abuse is savings to Disney's bottom line.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Minion

Why are you upset at having to show ID? To me, it isn't a biggie since I usually pay by credit card, so have my ID out with that.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

My Id's on my credit card so that usually works...but when they ask it's just annoying since my card already has my picture on it plus my AP has the same name

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    uh yeah they ask for photo id when using Credit Cards, they have always done it to me, my photo is not on mine.. And they also ask for photo id specially when using the AP for discounts, they just wanna take precaution as you are the card holder in question. it's not meant or trying to be annoying..

so yes ur quesiton is, do they still do this? of course!
    They can have whatever policy they want with the AP discount, but if you're not using the discount they can't require ID just because of a credit card purchase. It's in the cardholder agreement with Visa, MC and AMEX. Though some interpretations are that they can ask for ID, they just can't refuse to accept the card if you refuse to show it. Why bother asking then?

Anyway, that doesn't stop them of course. I don't have an annual pass and I have been asked for my ID when purchasing merchandise with a credit card at Disneyland, as well as many other places outside of there. I always pause for a second wondering if I should refuse and see what they do, but of course I always figure why bother and delay the whole transaction and I just show 'em my ID.

Somewhat related, back when they had the get in free for your birthday thing, they had some weird policy with credit cards that didn't make sense. I went with my GF on her birthday, and we had to stand in the ticket line for like 20 minutes. Once we got up there she showed her id and got her ticket, but then the CM wouldn't let me buy MY ticket with MY credit card. She said it was for "privacy concerns". I explained, that it was not my birthday, she didn't see my id, we weren't married and it wasn't a joint credit card, what privacy concern could there possibly be? But it didn't matter, she actually told me I had to go back to the end of the line again and get a different ticket booth if I wanted to pay with a credit card. I just paid cash.
    Last edited by Steveman; 02-26-2013 at 09:06 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123