Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Re: Lone Ranger Test Light BTMRR Refurb

If you look at the top of the lantern, (where the top star in a circle was welded on after the lantern was painted, apparently), that looks like the Lone Ranger's badge, identical I would say.

Attachment 27416

Attachment 27417

I don't think Disney would be sloppy putting something like that out before any sort of announcement was made. I guess it could be a calculated move to get people like us talking about it, but it seems a little too ambiguous for that.

Also you'd think they would have planned for the refurb to be finished in time to coincide with the movie opening and not 2 or 3 months afterwards. Granted movie openings are notorious for changing, but big movies are usually pegged for either Summer, November or Christmas, not the end of October.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Van Hammersly View Post
    I don't think Disney would be sloppy putting something like that out before any sort of announcement was made. I guess it could be a calculated move to get people like us talking about it, but it seems a little too ambiguous for that.

Also you'd think they would have planned for the refurb to be finished in time to coincide with the movie opening and not 2 or 3 months afterwards. Granted movie openings are notorious for changing, but big movies are usually pegged for either Summer, November or Christmas, not the end of October.
    I doubt that BTMRR is getting any Lone Ranger tie-in, the lights on the refurb walls are temporary, but they seem to have wielded on to the top of them pretty faithful reproductions of the Lone Ranger's badge, at least the one appearing in the movie poster. I would guess that:

1. Since the refurb walls are temporary, this might just have been a chance to experiment with a new light design, and maybe somebody was inspired by the Lone Ranger film.
    2. Somebody decided to put it in as a little nod to the film which will open as BTMRR gets the refurb.
    3. They have a ton of these lights and most of them will be used to set-up a temporary Lone Ranger preview event at Big Thunder Ranch.
    4. They plan on building a Lone Ranger ride, and they had these light designs recently completed, so why not use them for the refurb walls as they look nice.

Since the top Lone Ranger star is *not* painted blue, but is the exact same metalish color as the Lone Ranger's badget (from the movie poster), I'm gonna say that this was intentional.

Lone Ranger was shot in Utah, if I remember correctly, and some of the scenery looks like it is straight out of Big Thunder, do we know for 100% that the new Big Thunder t.v. series is not based on something happening in the Lone Ranger universe?
    Last edited by chesirecat; 02-22-2013 at 07:53 PM.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

They're going to take out the dynamite eating goat, and replace him with a Johnny Depp/Tonto animatronic.

To soon?

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Filmmaker

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    They're going to take out the dynamite eating goat, and replace him with a Johnny Depp/Tonto animatronic.
    A whole new generation of Disneyland fans will grow up talking about the "Tonto Trick"

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Sometimes kemosabe . . . good goat must wear mask.

If they do put in a Johnny Depp AA to replace the goat, he needs to have dynamites in his mouth. If not I won't accept it.
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Please. No more Johnny Depp.

• Filmmaker

The way I see it is a Lone Ranger attraction all depends on the box office of the actual film. If the film is a hit than you can expect to start hearing buzz flying about a Lone Ranger addition to Frontierland. However, if the film turns out to be another John Carter (I sure hope not) than the Ranger and Tonto will be staying far far away from Disney Parks.

• Seeker of Fun

Looks kinda squatchy to me.....
    Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion0fLife View Post
    As for the lanterns, the circle containing a star is a fairly common western motif, so I wouldn't put too much thought into it.
    I totally agree that it's a common design. Not part of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    Could just be a coincidence, although they could have choose tons of designs for those lamps...it's a little fishy that they chose one that looks exactly like the badge from the film. I'm sure they're not going to put the Lone Ranger in Btmrr. It's not like POTC where the ride is actually based on the ride. If they were going to put TLR in BTMRR, they would've put Jungle Book in The Jungle Cruise, UP in Soarin, and Stitch in Space Mountain by now. Actually that last one almost came lol
    I wish they would put UP in Soarin, that ride already needs an update. The damaged film they're using really kills the illusion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12