Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: What show should replace Aladdin

I'd say bring back Blast!, but since I no longer live near Disneyland, I guess I don't get a vote.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

I would love to see Mulan

• -

I say either the new Marvel arena show...

Marvel Teaming with Circus Producer to Create Giant Arena Show | Superhero Hype

...or Wicked.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    I say either the new Marvel arena show...

Marvel Teaming with Circus Producer to Create Giant Arena Show | Superhero Hype

...or Wicked.
    A Marvel show would be out of place anywhere in the resort, but especially here. As for Wicked....that's not Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH MAUL View Post
    A Marvel show would be out of place anywhere in the resort, but especially here. As for Wicked....that's not Disney.
    Wicked may not necessarily be Disney, but its close to the current #1 movie here in the states, Oz: The Great And Powerful.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by imaginashton View Post
    Since Aladdin will soon be going to broadway, what film would you like to see replace it?

I'd like to see one of these...
    Bambi
    The Jungle Book (could use costumes inspired by Indian art similar to the lion king play)
    Mulan (amazing sets could be made for this)
    Fantasia
    Nightmare before Christmas (really cool sets could be used for this also)
    Brave (a mordu scene would be really cool)
    Frankenweenie
    Various fab five shorts
    Legend of sleepy hollow

What would you like to see?
    umm none of those.....

how about Toy Story

• -

A Marvel show would be out of place anywhere in the resort, but especially here.
    How is it any more out of place than Aladdin? Exactly… it’s not.

As long as the exterior of the theater is period specific (which it isn’t, but here’s to hoping for a remodel), then whatever plays inside doesn’t matter. Theater is supposed to transport you to another time and place which it does with Aladdin. The new Marvel show that they are developing could do the same thing and sounds really cool.
    As for Wicked....that's not Disney.
    I believe that this is common knowledge. I don’t think anyone is saying that Disney owns it.

However, Disney does own the rights to the Oz stories and they have been well known for buying up IP of late. It would behoove them to try to acquire this one as it is a very successful play and much better than the recent Oz snoozefest that they just put out. This way, they could make money off of the real performances, and cross market the watered down version that they play in the park by selling tickets outside for local showings of the real performance whenever it is performing locally.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I wouldn't want aladdin to be replaced I love this show
    but if they would have to replace it then I would want to see beauty and the beat or Snow White, Cinderella or sleeping beauty one of this 4

Toy Story The Musical! I know a while back it was going to place Aladdin but it never went through. I saw it on the Disney Wonder Cruise last September and it was really cool! It'd be great to see it at DCA if Aladdin really has to go! :]

• film975

Quote Originally Posted by disneydisneygeek View Post
    Toy Story The Musical! I know a while back it was going to place Aladdin but it never went through. I saw it on the Disney Wonder Cruise last September and it was really cool! It'd be great to see it at DCA if Aladdin really has to go! :]
    It never went through because there was an out cry from Disneyland guests against it. Besides, Toy Story The Musical isn't that good really. I remember the Genie making a joke about it after that happened. Here's a post from the DisneyParks blog explaining why it was cancelled and the Aladdin show extended indefinitely.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...erion-theater/

I'd love to see something original not yet another movie tie in. The parks used to have great shows anyone could enjoy - now with the 'readers digest' style musicals most only make sense if you've seen the film it was based on.

My favourite park shows were the galaxy search talent show at Magic Kingdom and Big Band Beat in Disneysea both of which you can or could see with no need to know an existing story.

Id love it if the next Hyperion show was a big Hollywood version of Big Band. A big Busby Berkley type show which mixes show performers and some classic characters would be great especially if it was designed so they could swap out sections for seasonal variation at Christmas or Haloween etc

In the old abandoned old abandoned amusement park.

Nooo! I love Aladdin. Even though it's not the most best and most technically advanced show, it's still such a classic and I love every moment of it!

Here's the breakdown though of the shows that Disney most likely won't replace Aladdin with (when they do eventually replace the show):

Mary Poppins: There's a slim chance of them creating a version of the show in Disneyland. Since there's been multiple National Tours of the show, a Broadway production that ran over 2,500+ performances, a West End and Australian production, and now a Mexican resident production (in addition to other international productions), there's really no point for Disney to create yet ANOTHER production. The tour has played for years and Orange County/other parts of California has got it several times already, too so a lot of people have seen it. PLUS, the show is extraordinarily expensive to keep up and the Broadway set is too big to bring to the Hyperion and the National Touring set will be shipped overseas once the tour closes in June 2013.

Newsies: With the success of the Broadway production, and the 2014 national tour, Disney won't even consider creating a version of the Broadway show until the Broadway and Equity/Non Equity National Tours have finished (which won't be for another 5-10 years).

The Jungle Book: The Jungle Book is being tested in the next two years for a Broadway run so don't expect Disney to bring it to Anaheim.

I WOULD expect Disney to replace Aladdin soon since it will be making it's Broadway premiere Spring 2014. I'm positive the Broadway production won't sparkle like DCA's Aladdin, so I'll be sad to say goodbye .

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    Wicked may not necessarily be Disney, but its close to the current #1 movie here in the states, Oz: The Great And Powerful.
    Universal Studios Japan has a condensed version of Wicked, that they show in the parks like Aladdin in DCA

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

• Minion

I should add Princess and the Frog. I recently saw it and really enjoyed it. The music is super catchy!

• Closed Account

I would definitely like to see Beauty and the Beast. Was hoping it would go into the old Fantasyland Theater, but of course we got the new Mickey show.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast