Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24
  1. #16

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: Oz the Great and Powerful Preview Being Shown At DCAs Muppet Vission 3D

    On the Disney Parks Blog, enjoy a special Oz the Great and Powerful screening, along with previews of other upcoming films such as: Iron Man 3, Monsters University and The Lone Ranger! More Oz promo action to enjoy at Disney Parks Blog! Also, check out Disney art from Oz the Great and Powerful that.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-26-2013 at 12:38 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  2. #17

    • Selfie Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    6,479

    Re: Oz the Great and Powerful Preview Being Shown At DCAs Muppet Vission 3D

    I saw it Saturday. I didn't think I'd like it (I HATED the new Alice in Wonderland), but now that I've seen what it's like, I can't wait to see it! It will be one of the few movies I'm willing to pay to see in 3-D.

    Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

  3. #18

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: Oz the Great and Powerful Preview Being Shown At DCAs Muppet Vission 3D

    Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I saw it Saturday. I didn't think I'd like it (I HATED the new Alice in Wonderland), but now that I've seen what it's like, I can't wait to see it! It will be one of the few movies I'm willing to pay to see in 3-D.
    I agree. Tjhe special effect in Alice were pure eye candy. Unfortunately, the story was noticably disjointed in relationship to the story line of LC's book...and the storyline of Walt's original cartoon feature. Even though the characters are satirical, they at least had some depth to them in the book and Walt's carttoon movie. For the lack of this, the Depp feature just fell a might flat.

    The new Oz, on the other hand, appears to be both satirical and warm from the unset. I can't wait!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  4. #19

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: Oz the Great and Powerful Preview Being Shown At DCAs Muppet Vission 3D

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Should them...umm just release the film without telling people about it?
    I have never seen such hype for a movie that seems like the visuals are the only thing going for it.

    The premiere and the trailers are rather offputting. It also doesn't tell you much about the movie. I'm not sure if the actor portraying Oz has much to bring to the role.

  5. #20

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Re: Oz the Great and Powerful Preview Being Shown At DCAs Muppet Vission 3D

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    I'm not sure if the actor portraying Oz has much to bring to the role.
    That I would have to agree with. They could have picked a number of better actors than James Franco. But that is my opinion.

    Yet on the flip side, Rachel Weisz, makes up for alot.

  6. #21

    • Disneyland History Lover
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chula Vista, CA
    Posts
    1,958

    Re: Oz the Great and Powerful Preview Being Shown At DCAs Muppet Vission 3D

    I saw the preview last Friday. It looks like a neat movie, if not a bit overdone.

  7. #22

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: Oz the Great and Powerful Preview Being Shown At DCAs Muppet Vission 3D

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    I have never seen such hype for a movie that seems like the visuals are the only thing going for it.

    The premiere and the trailers are rather offputting. It also doesn't tell you much about the movie. I'm not sure if the actor portraying Oz has much to bring to the role.
    In the movie trailer in theaters, Disney hasn't shown any scenes where characters interact vocally. The look and potential are tremendous. However, I agree that there is not much info. to be gained about the plot and the personality of the characters. Also, I would rather see the film entirelyu live-action, as oposed to adding overt catoon characters.

    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    That I would have to agree with. They could have picked a number of better actors than James Franco. But that is my opinion.

    Yet on the flip side, Rachel Weisz, makes up for alot.
    Rachel Weise has remained an awesome talent in so many films (my favorite, the Mummy films). In this film, I wish there would be magical musical songs sung by the characters, such as with the iconic Wizard of Oz.

    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Victoria View Post
    I saw the preview last Friday. It looks like a neat movie, if not a bit overdone.
    That it does!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  8. #23

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Splash Mountain
    Posts
    7,943
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Oz the Great and Powerful Preview Being Shown At DCAs Muppet Vission 3D

    Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    I have never seen such hype for a movie that seems like the visuals are the only thing going for it.

    The premiere and the trailers are rather offputting. It also doesn't tell you much about the movie. I'm not sure if the actor portraying Oz has much to bring to the role.
    Ever hear of Avatar? Wonderland?
    The story seems quite simple...it's how the Wizard came to OZ and how he became know as the great and powerful wizard....and I do agree they should had somehow tried to keep Robert Downey but James Franco may be able to pull of the role in his own way

  9. #24

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,466

    Re: Oz the Great and Powerful Preview Being Shown At DCAs Muppet Vission 3D

    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Ever hear of Avatar? Wonderland?
    The story seems quite simple...it's how the Wizard came to OZ and how he became know as the great and powerful wizard....and I do agree they should had somehow tried to keep Robert Downey but James Franco may be able to pull of the role in his own way
    Robert Downy is one of the finest leading man/character actors ever...Iron Man and Sherlock Holms being two of my fave films. That said, I do not want to see him overused in too many movies. James Franco just might pleasantly surprise us.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Oz - The Great and Powerful (2013) Chat and Reviews (Merged)
    By Dragonfire in forum Walt Disney Pictures
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 06-18-2013, 02:41 PM
  2. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-23-2013, 06:58 PM
  3. Oz The Great and Powerful -2013-
    By Barbossa in forum Walt Disney Pictures
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-14-2012, 01:53 PM
  4. 'Oz, the Great and Powerful'
    By ALIASd in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-28-2011, 05:46 AM
  5. The Great and Powerful Oz
    By BuzzedLightyear in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 02:32 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •