Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Oz the Great and Powerful Preview Being Shown At DCAs Muppet Vission 3D

Source: Theme Park Tourist

If meet and greets and giant hot air balloon events were not enough, Disney is going all out to celebrate and promote is upcoming film release, Oz, the Great and Powerful with a 4D preview experience at DCAs Muppet Vission 3D. The showing will continue through March 8th of this year. Prepare your awesome self for to purple 3D glasses for an experience of everything from shimmering bubbles to slamming flying monky's to pop our of the scream and toward you, whil 4D effects interactively hilight the sensation. The story itself will be captivating....plus you will have the further opportubnity to visit the D23 Oz display over on Main Street.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Quiet As A Mouse!

It's a Secret........... Sssssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Re: Oz the Great and Powerful Preview Being Shown At DCAs Muppet Vission 3D

It has been shown for a week now. The 3D glasses should of been green!
    I Get In. I Get Out. I Never Get Noticed!
    - From "Prep And Landing"

• The Lucky Rabbit

I know many of us wish that something else would be done with the MuppetVision theater (or at least updated from the most recent Muppet movie), but I enjoyed the last screening of Tron Legacy in the theater and my group is looking forward to the extended Oz screening.

Green glasses would have been cool, but I have a feeling they would have been swiped a lot more then the generic 3D glasses.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing ... That it was all started by a mouse ... and inspired by a rabbit."

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I say it last week...it seems to pack in just as many as the Muppet show did so...I'm cool with it being around for a little while

I was actually just going to ask a question about this. We were at California Adventure this past Sunday and were hoping to see Muppet Vision 3D (it's one of our favourites at Disney World just because of the corny jokes). We walked up to the theatre just as the line was going in, so we were excited that we didn't have to wait. When we got to the doors, the cast member asked us specifically, "Here to see the Muppets?". We said yes, he said "Great!", and we all took glasses and walked in. We were then treated to a ten-minute preview for Oz. We (and the majority of others in the theatre) remained seated after the preview ended, thinking that the Muppets were coming next, but the doors opened and we had to be told to stand and leave. We overheard many families asking the cast members why we had not just seen the Muppets, and only then were we told that the Oz preview had temporarily replaced it.

Overall, we thought it very odd that there was absolutely no indication that the Oz preview was being shown. The signage at the attractions board at the front of the park and by the theatre all indicated that the Muppets were still playing, and none of the cast members informed us as we were walking in that we would be seing the Oz preview. In our opinion, it was a low, sneaky way of promoting the movie. Does anyone know if they have changed the signage to make it clear as to what is being shown in the theatre? Or if perhaps Sunday was the first day and they simply weren't prepared? Thoughts on this are much appreciated!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

So I caught this on Saturday and really enjoyed it! I really look forward to this movie.

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    The 3D glasses should of been green!
    Ha I thought the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Imagineer Meg View Post
    When we got to the doors, the cast member asked us specifically, "Here to see the Muppets?". We said yes, he said "Great!", and we all took glasses and walked in.
    Really? The CM didn't even tell you that this wasn't Muppets? That's strange.

Overall, we thought it very odd that there was absolutely no indication that the Oz preview was being shown. In our opinion, it was a low, sneaky way of promoting the movie. Does anyone know if they have changed the signage to make it clear as to what is being shown in the theatre? Or if perhaps Sunday was the first day and they simply weren't prepared? Thoughts on this are much appreciated!
    Uh you didn't see this HUGE sign just outside the theatre?

Name:  4_-_OZ_the_Great_and_Powerful_at_Disney_California_Adventure.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  171.2 KB

If you say you were there on the 17th....it would have been there...its been there for a while now. That display is pretty big, nothing "sneaky" about it.

Had a chance to see this and we enjoyed the preview the added wind and water was an added bonus I wished other theatres offered this effect. Can't wait for the movie!

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    So I caught this on Saturday and really enjoyed it! I really look forward to this movie.

If you say you were there on the 17th....it would have been there...its been there for a while now. That display is pretty big, nothing "sneaky" about it.

i saw it there didnt bother to check it out.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by The Disney Ninja View Post
    It has been shown for a week now. The 3D glasses should of been green!
    Emerald glasses would be perfect. Green would also be a not to Kermit.

Quote Originally Posted by OswaldTheRabbit View Post
    I know many of us wish that something else would be done with the MuppetVision theater (or at least updated from the most recent Muppet movie), but I enjoyed the last screening of Tron Legacy in the theater and my group is looking forward to the extended Oz screening.

Green glasses would have been cool, but I have a feeling they would have been swiped a lot more then the generic 3D glasses.
    I'm happy as punch that the theater is also being used to promote awesome upcoming films.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I say it last week...it seems to pack in just as many as the Muppet show did so...I'm cool with it being around for a little while
    Yes. I think it's a good compromise that is popularly cool with both Muppet fans and movie preview fans alike.

I was actually just going to ask a question about this. We were at California Adventure this past Sunday and were hoping to see Muppet Vision 3D (it's one of our favourites at Disney World just because of the corny jokes). We walked up to the theatre just as the line was going in, so we were excited that we didn't have to wait. When we got to the doors, the cast member asked us specifically, "Here to see the Muppets?". We said yes, he said "Great!", and we all took glasses and walked in. We were then treated to a ten-minute preview for Oz. We (and the majority of others in the theatre) remained seated after the preview ended, thinking that the Muppets were coming next, but the doors opened and we had to be told to stand and leave. We overheard many families asking the cast members why we had not just seen the Muppets, and only then were we told that the Oz preview had temporarily replaced it.

Overall, we thought it very odd that there was absolutely no indication that the Oz preview was being shown. The signage at the attractions board at the front of the park and by the theatre all indicated that the Muppets were still playing, and none of the cast members informed us as we were walking in that we would be seing the Oz preview. In our opinion, it was a low, sneaky way of promoting the movie. Does anyone know if they have changed the signage to make it clear as to what is being shown in the theatre? Or if perhaps Sunday was the first day and they simply weren't prepared? Thoughts on this are much appreciated!
    It does seem like Disney could have showed the Oz preview, and then followed it with the traditional Muppets show. But, then the longer overall showing would be at least 10 minutes longer, and that would set people out of synk with other park attractions. Also, Disney propably want the new preview to be presented to as many guests as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post

That huge sign appears to be pretty hard to miss. Glad that you enjoyed the preview on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by my03yellowv View Post
    Had a chance to see this and we enjoyed the preview the added wind and water was an added bonus I wished other theatres offered this effect. Can't wait for the movie!
    Wind and water effects together with a premier lend to a thrilling "over the rainbow" experience that individuals, friends and families will remember for a lifetime.

• Banned User

Another overhyped movie. I will not be persuaded by the Disney hype machine.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by gtsouthard View Post
    i saw it there didnt bother to check it out.
    Oz is not everyone's cup of tea. Do you like the Muppets? There was a Muppets' Wizard of Oz TV special in 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    Don't know if I'll find the film spectacular myself yet, though , the 3D trailer in theaters is breathtaking.

If it's as horrible as the Wizard of Oz slot machine in Vegas. Count me out too

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Should them...umm just release the film without telling people about it?

While I don't think it will be a "classic" I do think it will be better then Wonderland and I think it will make a lot of money and end up with 2 more sequels that are much worst

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by TCadillac View Post
    If it's as horrible as the Wizard of Oz slot machine in Vegas. Count me out too
    Just tap your shoes three times and say "There's no place like Vegas."

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Should them...umm just release the film without telling people about it?

While I don't think it will be a "classic" I do think it will be better then Wonderland and I think it will make a lot of money and end up with 2 more sequels that are much worst
    I agree with you all the way around Jarrod....so far.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast