Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: White Rabbit in 'trouble' again

Quote Originally Posted by DobbysCloset View Post
    And not by the tail?
    "Nice work, pal"

• Just drawn that way

You could argue that saying a curse word to someone is considered verbal assault..... if you flip off a police officer that is assault...

So where do you draw the line.

Over the years I have worked at a few theme parks and haunted houses. You be surprised at what people do to you inside those costumes.
    I've been punched in the face a handful of times, grabbed to see if I was a women, by kids and adults. One father did nothing but laugh as his 9 year old grabbed my chest. I've been kicked...and if it happens enough you snap. Yes it's always better to grab someone else before confronting this misbehavior. Even when grabbing someone else the guests will say they never touched you.
    What if you point out the wrong person due to poor visibility, or because you are being flooded with people trying to get your attention.

I have never attacked anyone who punched me, but when someone messes with you sometimes your first reaction is to defend yourself.

As for the family: characters see tons of kids daily, some kids scare easily and characters may not want to grab and hug a kid if they seem hesitant. Did the boy try to hug the rabbit, and the rabbit refuse? Or Did the boy just kinda stand off to the side making no effort to hug the character?
    I know as a kid, I was nervous about walking up the them and hug them. Or I'd wait patiently (back before huge lines) and have other kids run up and jump in front of me so I missed out on a ton of character till I was over 15.

I'm not siding with anyone, just adding some more food for thought to the table.
    Little and broken, but still good.

This is a classic case of people taking advantage of a company they know is all about public image and accomodating the guests. I hate it with a passion when people act entitled and this is one of those cases. Disney ought to stick their figurative middle finger up at this family and say "don't come back." Set an example. Geez, the one good thing about the $85 for entry is that you assume the lowbrow part of our society isn't going to litter the place. Yeah, I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteMortKvsh View Post

So where do you draw the line.
    Yeah, after a while it just seems like we are splitting hares.
    "Nice work, pal"

Quote Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
    Yeah, after a while it just seems like we are splitting hares.
    That really isn't all that bunny.

The white rabbit must be spending too much time at the Mad T Party in DCA with all the other gangstas. Bad influence

•   
    • Minion

The definitions of assault I've read all consider intent as part of the package; ie, it has to be physical contact with malicious or threatening intent. We could all easily agree that when the girls were pulling at the CM's costume and the father was recording it, there was intent to be malicious and/or to ridicule. They assaulted the CM first. When the rabbit comes over and warns the girl, not so much. The girl herself said that the CM didn't make a threat against her person; he simply said that she needed to stop or he would call security.

And if it is considered assault on both sides (which I don't agree with, but for the sake of argument): if someone assaults you, are you allowed to defend yourself? Under California law, you are, and the court does consider the circumstances that precipitated the incident. Since the CM was responding to the girls' assault, it could be argued that he was defending himself.

• Nic

They were laughing and grinning at the end ... and now they're suing. Wonderful.

Anyone notice how all the audio got quieter right before the voice?
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

• No Disassemble!

The fact that the dad behind the camera appears to instruct his daughter(s) to start messing with the white rabbit is evidence enough to show that the mischief was premeditated and purposeful. Any court, in my opinion, will immediately throw out the family's claim.

I sympathize with the CM underneath the suit. They have absolutely no peripheral vision so when somebody starts vigorously tugging their backside it must be at the least mildly terrifying for even the most veteran CMs to endure.

If it hadn't been for the two recent incidents involving characters this story probably would have never ended up in the media's spotlight. Even the Disney P.R. slammed the family (sans the common fluff) in their statement to the press so I'm sure the Disney legal team is somewhere laughing their tails off right this moment.

One final thought..
    Where is the the character's support CM??(I don't know their official title but the ones who usually keeps the lines organized and helps manage the character's breaks) Had the support CM been close by I think the situation could have been diffused by them instead of the character. There's just too much gray area when it comes to character's actions caught on camera.
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

Honestly, in that video, it looks more like the girls are humping him from behind. I would be mad if I were him.

Quote Originally Posted by Malina View Post
    The definitions of assault I've read all consider intent as part of the package; ie, it has to be physical contact with malicious or threatening intent. We could all easily agree that when the girls were pulling at the CM's costume and the father was recording it, there was intent to be malicious and/or to ridicule. They assaulted the CM first. When the rabbit comes over and warns the girl, not so much. The girl herself said that the CM didn't make a threat against her person; he simply said that she needed to stop or he would call security.

And if it is considered assault on both sides (which I don't agree with, but for the sake of argument): if someone assaults you, are you allowed to defend yourself? Under California law, you are, and the court does consider the circumstances that precipitated the incident. Since the CM was responding to the girls' assault, it could be argued that he was defending himself.
    All right, I said I wasn't going to post on here again, but I just cannot leave this one alone. THIS one will be my last, lol. I'll probably just have to not read this thread anymore to make sure that is the case. Regarding your last sentence, I guess anything, no matter how absurd, could be argued, so true enough there. But there is no way on Earth this argument could hold even a drop of water. I understand that you love Disney and want to defend them and their CM's no matter what, but self-defense? The girl tugged his costume tail and then quickly turned and walked away from him. He then turned about and purposely sought her out and walked over to her for the confrontation. An adult male confronting a female minor.

And if you don't believe that someone holding you against your wishes by your arm and neck is battery, I don't know what to tell you other than to seek out any expert source you trust and ask this question, and they will verify it for you. And that's not even considering the purposeful two handed shove of the other girl.

The guy is not being charged with anything. I'm just saying (for the last time I promise!) that no matter how much it was the girls' fault, no matter how obnoxious and in the wrong the family was, no matter what a money grab this lawsuit is, this guy should be fired for his reaction.

•   
    • Minion

Battery IS what you describe, and it's illegal to hold someone against their will - but again, I don't see that happening in the video. It's a matter of debate if he grabbed the girl by the neck. The video does not show that and his hand is nowhere near her neck. The girl easily breaks away so she's not being held against her will. Ditto with the "two handed shove." I'm not seeing it. I see a CM who is lightly touching a girl's arm and telling her to leave him alone, and then bumping into another guest. I'll also point out that there was no way for him to know she was a minor - she looks older than she is - and the guy in the costume might only be 18. Let's not pretend he was telling off an 8 year old or something.

By the girl's own admission he said something along the lines of "stop bothering me or I'm calling security" and then immediately went back to his post. He wasn't trying to escalate it; he was telling her to cut it out. That IS a defensive reaction.

If this man HAS lost his job, it's a terrible shame that it happened because these girls and their father goaded him into a reaction. If someone's bullying you on the playground and you finally turn around and defend yourself, should the bully be punished - or should you? And this allegedly happened last June. Is it a coincidence that now they're claiming the CM "assaulted" them, when there's another lawsuit about a White Rabbit happening?

• Selfie Expert

What I see is:
    1. A failure of a father encouraging his teenagers to misbehave.
    2. A couple of brat teenagers adding to the downfall of society.
    3. Teenagers sexually assaulting a character (the touched/spanked the performer's rear end)
    4. The CM reacting, unfortunately unprofessionally, to the provocation.

What I personally should feel should happen - charge the girls with sexual assault/harrassment, ban them for life from Disney parks, discipline the CM (suspension, warning, whatever, but not termination).

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteMortKvsh View Post
    You could argue that saying a curse word to someone is considered verbal assault..... if you flip off a police officer that is assault...
    Actually, the courts have upheld giving a police officer the finger protected free speech.

NY court: Flipping finger at cops not worth arrest - CBS News
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

The whole thing is ridiculous. The fact is these teenagers knew they could do what ever they want with zero consequences. I see it all the team kids no longer have anything to fear as far as authority figures are concerned. They know they can do as they please and the worse thing that happens is they get yelled at. Many times I see parents come to the defense saying their kid would not do that or the person scolding them were in the wrong.

The problem is this affects everyone else. Suing causes prices to goes up. There will no longer be characters able to roam around freely. They will have to higher more handlers and allow less characters to be out at a time. The person will loose their job and may have a hard time getting another if he is convicted of assault on a minor.

end rant

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast